ADVERTISEMENT

Ironman

I cannot figure out the trackwrestling website.
5Jgh.gif

Cleveland based news article says

Saturday, 10 a.m. (championship matches begin at 4 p.m.).​

Maybe Flo time is Austin time.

Reactions: mcpat
Very choppy feed for me this morning. They’re going 1-2-2 in wrestle backs. Nasdeo had a 1st period TD but got reversed, turned and pinned in 2nd.

Reactions: danoftw
Sem's coach told me the same thing, and a couple other tid-bits. Sealey will fit in nicely at PSU.
He sure will. His style is so perfect for PSU. Reminds me a bit of Nolf. High attack rate, pretty creative and absolutely fearless. He is going to be very good from the start

Reactions: GSL and mcpat
Ironman would not show up on Trackwrestling on Safari. Tried Chrome and there it was 🤷

Mat 2 feed still choppy for me. Mat 1 feed is not. Mat 1 feed hasn’t updated its scoring box though.

Spoke too soon. Mat 1 feed choppy too.

I’m not sure what to watch! World Cup or Ironman semis. Too much great wrestling on!

Bassett looked good. Haven’t watched him much before. Have read plenty but haven’t watched him. (I don’t watch a ton of H.S.). Very active, attacking. Fun to watch. Liked the dump. Early 3rd period TF with a lot of back points.

Bassett looked good. Haven’t watched him much before. Have read plenty but haven’t watched him. (I don’t watch a ton of H.S.). Very active, attacking. Fun to watch. Liked the dump. Early 3rd period TF with a lot of back points.
He’s very fun to watch. Really high pace, great hand fighter and puts up a ton of points. Kid is very good

Geez Forrest. 2nd time I’ve watched him get an immediate TD on the opening whistle.

Forrest with a 2nd period TF. He likes the ball in chain tilt and getting TDs off the whistle.

This might be a bold statement but I think Forrest just might be the best wrestler in high school regardless of weight or class. He just teched Lauridsen early in the second period and Lauridsen beat Raney in the quarterfinals. Jax is so advanced for a freshman and his top game is an absolute game changer. He is so diverse and scores from everywhere. The only detriment I see is that he doesn’t have a great leg attack yet. His slide by series is great and he has a dump he hits on almost everyone but he needs to develop a leg attack he can count on. Otherwise he is about the most complete freshman I’ve seen in a long time. Really looking forward to seeing him and Lilledahl go at it again

This might be a bold statement but I think Forrest just might be the best wrestler in high school regardless of weight or class. He just teched Lauridsen early in the second period and Lauridsen beat Raney in the quarterfinals. Jax is so advanced for a freshman and his top game is an absolute game changer. He is so diverse and scores from everywhere. The only detriment I see is that he doesn’t have a great leg attack yet. His slide by series is great and he has a dump he hits on almost everyone but he needs to develop a leg attack he can count on. Otherwise he is about the most complete freshman I’ve seen in a long time. Really looking forward to seeing him and Lilledahl go at it again
He’s really, really, really good. I tend to shy away from hyping up HS kids this early on but he’s just so dynamic in the ways he can score. It’s not just physical dominance.

Gibson and McGowan 1-1 after an OT period. McGowan gets a 30 sec rideout. Gibson returns the favor. Both close to out; both close to backpoints. Now injury time for McGowan. Was pretty crazy at end of 3rd OT period. Goes to UTB with Gibson on bottom… McGowan rides out and wins.

Gibson and McGowan 1-1 after an OT period. McGowan gets a 30 sec rideout. Gibson returns the favor. Both close to out; both close to backpoints. Now injury time for McGowan. Was pretty crazy at end of 3rd OT period. Goes to UTB with Gibson on bottom… McGowan rides out and wins.
Pretty boring match really. McGowan frustrates me because with his length and quickness he could light up the scoreboard but would rather win 2-1 matches. Can’t fault his results though. Kid is very good but he has the talent to be extraordinary. I’m pretty sure this will be a matchup that will continue into college

Reactions: impalanut and mcpat
Pretty boring match really. McGowan frustrates me because with his length and quickness he could light up the scoreboard but would rather win 2-1 matches. Can’t fault his results though. Kid is very good but he has the talent to be extraordinary. I’m pretty sure this will be a matchup that will continue into college
Definitely seemed like, from their feet, McGowan was only looking for counters. That was as even a match as I’ve ever seen.

I thought Cannon was crazy to cut Bailey there but looks like it worked out. Lol. As soon as I type that it’s 7-7.

Unseeded Cannon Beats 1 seed Bailey in OT with some controversy.

And he’s a Colorado kid! That’s where I grew up so I’m always happy to see Colorado kids do well. CO also has a semi-finalist at 150, at 170, and at heavyweight. At 150 Weston Dalton is going up against PJ Duke. Duke is definitely the favorite but Dalton is super tough and has been on a tear lately. Had a great super 32 and has jumped into the top 5 in the rankings I believe. At 170 Eise takes on Rocco Welsh. Eise has had a really good tournament but Welsh is a definite step up in competition. At heavy Matthew Moore from Grand Junction made the semis. He’s been in the top 20 for the past couple years and I think is top 10 right now. I believe he’s a senior and still uncommitted

Horrible ending in the Lockett vs Henckle semi. In OT Lockett gets his 4th caution for not having his foot on the line on a restart and gives up a penalty point to lose. His other cautions were for jumping the gun. Technically it’s probably the right call but brutal to lose a match because your foot wasn’t on the line. He did have a stall warning though and I felt like he could have been warned again which would’ve given Henckle the win as well. Crazy ending but I hate the ref deciding the match

Lockett up 1-0 in the third. Gets his third caution to tie the match. In SV the ref gives him a fourth caution for not stepping up to the line on the restart. I know it’s the rule but the ref could have asked him to step up to the line. Just hate when a ref decides the outcome on a ticky tack call

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Wow. Sealey goes down 5-3 to Birden. Birden is super long and gave Sealey fits in scramble situations. Sealey was in on a few nice leg attacks but Birden dove underneath and into leg pass situations that ended up as stalemates. Sealey got frustrated and took a couple bad shots and Birden hit 2 nice re-attacks for tds. Definitely doesn’t change my view of Sealey as a prospect but he’s had s few weird losses lately. My biggest concern is that he hasn’t taken bottom in a match that I’ve seen. He’s a dynamic neutral wrestler but seems like he has a deficiency on bottom. He needs to work that out because in college it will hurt him badly if he can’t get out from bottom. Just ask Ohio State

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT