ADVERTISEMENT

Ironman

I understand what people are saying but if you’re on your 4th caution… maybe the problem isn’t really with the ref.
I get it but his foot was like 6 inches off the line or something close to that. The ref could have just told him to step up. The other cautions were for him jumping the whistle which is something you have to call but this was not. Deciding the match on that is bs.

Wow. Sealey goes down 5-3 to Birden. Birden is super long and gave Sealey fits in scramble situations. Sealey was in on a few nice leg attacks but Birden dove underneath and into leg pass situations that ended up as stalemates. Sealey got frustrated and took a couple bad shots and Birden hit 2 nice re-attacks for tds. Definitely doesn’t change my view of Sealey as a prospect but he’s had s few weird losses lately. My biggest concern is that he hasn’t taken bottom in a match that I’ve seen. He’s a dynamic neutral wrestler but seems like he has a deficiency on bottom. He needs to work that out because in college it will hurt him badly if he can’t get out from bottom. Just ask Ohio State

Speaking of Ohio State, I believe Birden recently committed to Tan Tom.

Okay - yeah - you guys are right.
Watching it again I can’t believe the ref called it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a match decided because the kid didn’t have his foot on the line. Lockett wasn’t trying to stall or game the system. He just came up to restart and his foot was 6 inches off the line. The ref should have just motioned for him to step up instead of deciding the match. And not just any match either. It’s the semis of the toughest high school tournament of the year.

Watching it again I can’t believe the ref called it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a match decided because the kid didn’t have his foot on the line. Lockett wasn’t trying to stall or game the system. He just came up to restart and his foot was 6 inches off the line. The ref should have just motioned for him to step up instead of deciding the match. And not just any match either. It’s the semis of the toughest high school tournament of the year.
Because of the four cautions, I assumed it was flagrant. I should have watched it before commenting. (Duh.). I’ve seen refs say “foot on the line” and not give a caution 100x in that situation.

Given the leeway (or maybe variance is the better expression) that officials allow for wrestlers to get to the line in the first place it seems odd. He probably could have taken an extra 4-5 seconds as long as he got to the line, but that 1.5 secs to move him up was too much. 🙄

Reactions: mcpat
how about that a ref that knows and follows the rules!!sad but it happens! the kid shouldn't have gotten so many cautions, his own fault
If it happened to a Penn St wrestler in the NCAA semis and he lost you would be good with that?

I think they said they deducted a team point for Ferrari’s after match antics. It was more than just the family flex pose.

I think they said they deducted a team point for Ferrari’s after match antics. It was more than just the family flex pose.
giphy.gif

Late to the party. How did Forest and sealy do in the finals.
Sorry. I had posted something that was incorrect. Deleted.

Sealy lost in semis. Forrest vs Lilledahl is last match. Forrest has won every match by TF thus far.

Bassett is next to last match. I was very impressed with him in semis. I know he’s been talked about a lot, but what I watched matched or exceeded the hype.

This might be a bold statement but I think Forrest just might be the best wrestler in high school regardless of weight or class. He just teched Lauridsen early in the second period and Lauridsen beat Raney in the quarterfinals. Jax is so advanced for a freshman and his top game is an absolute game changer. He is so diverse and scores from everywhere. The only detriment I see is that he doesn’t have a great leg attack yet. His slide by series is great and he has a dump he hits on almost everyone but he needs to develop a leg attack he can count on. Otherwise he is about the most complete freshman I’ve seen in a long time. Really looking forward to seeing him and Lilledahl go at it again
I'm right there with you on the Forrest comment about being the best HS wrestler right now. Interested to see the rematch with Lillendahl. I think he wins by 4 or 5. Would love to see both of them at PSU one day.

Bassett vs Jordan. Wow. Incredible match by two active, attacking wrestlers. Jordan with two good shots in first but no points. Bassett with a second period escape and TD. Jordan chooses neutral in 3rd. Jordan in on a single in 3rd that Bassett turns into a cradle TD. Warnings on bottom for stalling (Bassett dominate on top) and a late Bassett tilt made for a 9-0 Bassett win over a returning IM champ. Very impressive.

Incredible match won by Lilledahl 3-1 in OT. Ton of action. Forrest more aggressive; Lilledahl more controlled.

Reactions: Grass and danoftw
Well now Lilledahl and Jax are 1-1. Definitely need a rubber match. Would love if either or both came to PSU. I wonder how big Jax will get as he fills out that lanky frame. What a great match to the end the tournament on

Want Ben Davino but IIRC Davis scrapped with him at Super 32. Davis has been growing a ton, think he was 113 last year and went 120 at Fargo then 126 at Super 32. Think he'll grow to be a 133 ultimately.

We're in good hands at lower weights if we can land Lilledahl definitely.

Reactions: mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT