ADVERTISEMENT

Ironman

I think a Penn St wrestler lost in the semis last year.

frozen let it go GIF by Walt Disney Animation Studios

wendy testaburger GIF by South Park

I’ve prepared the following statement:

Yesterday, at 4:42pm EST, I replied to a @jmadden1998 post in a manner that implied Penn State never loses in the NCAA semi finals. The truth is they have. 5 times in the last 54 NCAA semifinal matches.

I sincerely regret any stress my spread of misinformation caused. I know @jmadden1998 visits our board to learn about the sport of wrestling from those who know it best and my post may have caused him to distrust our board. I endeavor to improve myself and do better going forward.

Sincerely,

McPat

Last edited:

Yesterday, at 4:42pm EST, I replied to a @jmadden1998 post in a manner that implied Penn State never loses in the NCAA semi finals. The truth is they have. 5 times in the last 54 NCAA semifinal matches.

I sincerely regret any stress my spread of misinformation caused. I know @jmadden1998 visits our board to learn about the sport of wrestling from those who know it best and my post may have caused him to distrust our board. I endeavor to improve myself and do better going forward.

Sincerely,

McPat
That's like, beyond 83%, man.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu and mcpat

Sincerely,

McPat

• Haha
Reactions: mcpat
I get it but his foot was like 6 inches off the line or something close to that. The ref could have just told him to step up. The other cautions were for him jumping the whistle which is something you have to call but this was not. Deciding the match on that is bs.
The ref is a former District 11 wrestler and head coach . A good guy and normally a good ref. Probably thought it was easier to call the violation than calling the stall which is argumentative. Certainly an odd finish.
I saw it called one other time probably 30 years ago. I actually think the ref called it as a stall for not getting to line on that occasion.

Last edited:
Reactions: zzs006
I am just getting a chance to watch Ironman matches. It might be harder to win than super 32 in some weights.

The future PSU guys all wrestled tough. Surprised Sealey and Gibson lost. Ferrari was over the top after he squeaked out his third match in a row. Thank goodness Cael would never allow that in St College.

look-whos-back-im-back.gif

Soccer season must be over.

Soccer season never ends but we have a brief XC/track hiatus just in time for wrestling season to start. Kid hit a gorgeous double under throw yesterday (and finished the takedown UNLIKE MARK HALL NOT THAT I'M STILL BITTER) and went 3-0 in his first real matches. Expecting a call from Cael any day now.

what are your guys' thoughts on sealey? that's 3 losses since his world title. do you still look at him the same way or do you think his ceiling is lower than previously thought?

• Haha
Reactions: NittanyChris
what are your guys' thoughts on sealey? that's 3 losses since his world title. do you still look at him the same way or do you think his ceiling is lower than previously thought?
Doesn’t really change my mind. He’s taken a couple strange losses this being one of them and he has definite things to work on but he seems like he has the attitude to want to work and get better. He tends to get frustrated if his attacks aren’t working and ends up taking some bad shots where he gives up points. Seems like a fairly easy fix. The only concern I have is that he isn’t great on bottom and takes neutral quite a bit. When you are a top 3 recruit getting out from bottom against high schoolers should be fairly easy. I like that kids aren’t just going auto bottom but he’s going to have to get better from that position coming into college. The biggest positive for me is that we’ve seen what he looks like when he is on and it’s at an extremely high level. His world championships was one of the best performances I’ve seen from a high schooler in a long time. Absolutely dominant. So to me it’s about finding consistency which I think he will under Cael and companies tutelage

I thought Nickal was a consolation prize for losing Marstetter. So now I stopped thinking and just watch. Most recruits seem to pan out when placed in the Sanderson machine, high hopes for Sealey.

Absolutely love the kid. Little to no change in my thinking on him. I don’t believe there is a better coach out there than Cael in evaluating a kid and his ability to mold a champion.

I thought Nickal was a consolation prize for losing Marstetter. So now I stopped thinking and just watch. Most recruits seem to pan out when placed in the Sanderson machine, high hopes for Sealey.
Yep Cael is truly amazing at both recognizing and developing talent. Losing out on Chance was nearly as big a downer as losing out on Spencer, granted we were only in his top 2. For all the talk of DT, Jason or Zain as our GOAT, just go back and watch Bo's freshman loss in the finals to Miles. Bo dominated that match and if not for an unfortunate roll through by Miles as Bo threw him to his back, Bo wins that match going away. A freshman mistake on Bo's part cost him a 10 point swing in the match minimum (6 against vs at least 4 for), but on the grander scale, it cost him being our only ever 4xer. He nearly came back and won it anyway. Jason and Zain came close as well but neither were that dominant and thus arguably robbed themselves of title. I think Bo had the ability to become a world medalist for sure. Jason remains my all time favorite, but his freestyle story is still being written. Bo was one of a kind.

Correa has the flu, saw on rokfin yesterday
findtheStrength, I'm having an issue opening the message you recently sent me on tickets. Couldn't figure out how to message you directly (showing my age I guess). Do you mind calling or messaging me directly at (717) 579-7460? Sorry for my ineptness.

findtheStrength, I'm having an issue opening the message you recently sent me on tickets. Couldn't figure out how to message you directly (showing my age I guess). Do you mind calling or messaging me directly at (717) 579-7460? Sorry for my ineptness.
If I sent you a message it was by accident, my apologies

ADVERTISEMENT