ADVERTISEMENT

It's tOSU week

Are either of those guys worried at all about the 3 seed at B1Gs? Kinda doubt it.

I don't understand why anyone thinks Pletcher might sit.

And I really can't comprehend Pletcher sitting being Ohio State's preferred option, that they'd only use him if they absolutely must.
Pletcher does have a history of ducking Carton.
Just sayin...
:rolleyes:

A few of us, I believe, are heading to the Federal Taphouse after the match. If all of us go, there will be three or four from here (all regular posters). I know you said you were heading home right after, but if you change your mind, let me know. Btw ... do you still have my contact info?
@RoarLions1 thanks! I will speak with my wife about hanging around a bit after. Surprisingly I do not have your contact info anymore, surprisingly because I normally keep info like that and rarely delete it. It will be nice to meet people that I "chat" with.
If you want to reach out to me with your info please email me at (deleted email) and then I will reply with my cell number. Thanks!!

Last edited:
I don't understand why anyone thinks Pletcher might sit.

And I really can't comprehend Pletcher sitting being Ohio State's preferred option, that they'd only use him if they absolutely must.
A single post earlier in this thread, and then ... zoom. Don’t understand it either.

ug! My wife says Disney > BJC
I had an arm bar in there for a while, but, she leveraged me for near fall points. We typically drive 450 miles north to State College for every match .... but, this weekend I’m gonna have to drag my defeated ass down to FLA.
Try the bow & arrow next time. Let us know if it worked.:)

Reactions: diggerpup
On paper at least, this match looks to be pretty close. A hidden key to victory might be for those who lose (or who are not favored to win) to NOT give up any bonus points: 125, 149, 157, and especially 197.

I think the only weight where the two slated guys have wrestled each other is 197, and Shak has lost twice to Moore: 7-4 and 8-4. But since that time, Moore has arguably improved and Shak has regressed (no doubt due in part to his injury and time off).

Time to step up his game in the penultimate dual of his career.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Restaurant question, how is the Federal Taphouse? Yelp has mixed reviews. Any other recomendations for Mrs PSUPaul and myself? We like Barrel 21 Distillery, Otto’s and Happy Valley Brewing. I know we could go to the Tavern for all the side dishes, and surprisingly I have never been there despite being a PSU alum. We have done the Corner Room, miss the Diner (how it was in the 80/90’s at least). Liked the Field Burger and Tap when we went a few years ago. We have been to Nittany Lion Inn but never made it into Whiskers due to it being too busy, though we saw Aaron Brooks and Family go in one football weekend his last year in HS.

So, what is the can’t miss place?

Restaurant question, how is the Federal Taphouse? Yelp has mixed reviews. Any other recomendations for Mrs PSUPaul and myself? We like Barrel 21 Distillery, Otto’s and Happy Valley Brewing. I know we could go to the Tavern for all the side dishes, and surprisingly I have never been there despite being a PSU alum. We have done the Corner Room, miss the Diner (how it was in the 80/90’s at least). Liked the Field Burger and Tap when we went a few years ago. We have been to Nittany Lion Inn but never made it into Whiskers due to it being too busy, though we saw Aaron Brooks and Family go in one football weekend his last year in HS.

My wife and I went to the Federal Taphouse Thursday before the Luke Combs concert. 100 beers on tap, 99 percent microbrews, many from PA). Beer list is broken down by type (stout, pilsner, ale, etc) with a description of each. We thought the food was good (calamari, steamed shrimp, and asian pork belly tacos). Many other meals at adjacent tables looked good as well. Service was good. Food was quick, although they weren't busy when we ordered. I would certainly not hesitate to go back. Fraser street parking garage is right across the street, so easy parking.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
I am taking my kids and some friends to Primanti's befor the match to celebtate my birthday. It will be a table of 8 plus others who are just meeting us there but not sitting with us.

Reactions: ccdiver
My wife and I went to the Federal Taphouse Thursday before the Luke Combs concert. 100 beers on tap, 99 percent microbrews, many from PA). Beer list is broken down by type (stout, pilsner, ale, etc) with a description of each. We thought the food was good (calamari, steamed shrimp, and asian pork belly tacos). Many other meals at adjacent tables looked good as well. Service was good. Food was quick, although they weren't busy when we ordered. I would certainly not hesitate to go back. Fraser street parking garage is right across the street, so easy parking.
Calamari, you say?

A number of years ago, This American Life investigated rumors that some restaurants were serving pig anuses (ani?) masquerading as calamari. Think about it, cut across the direction of flow and you get circles, throw some flour on there, wa-lah, calamari...Ultimately, they didn't find any restaurants actually doing this, so they tested it themselves. The results of their test might surprise you. Spoiler alert: they couldn't tell the difference.

I still eat calamari, but not without thinking about this episode:
https://www.thisamericanlife.org/484/doppelgangers
484-landscape.jpg

Calamari, you say?

A number of years ago, This American Life investigated rumors that some restaurants were serving pig anuses (ani?) masquerading as calamari. Think about it, cut across the direction of flow and you get circles, throw some flour on there, wa-lah, calamari...Ultimately, they didn't find any restaurants actually doing this, so they tested it themselves. The results of their test might surprise you. Spoiler alert: they couldn't tell the difference.

I still eat calamari, but not without thinking about this episode:
https://www.thisamericanlife.org/484/doppelgangers
484-landscape.jpg
I love calamari, though I will no longer eat it without thinking of your post, thanks..... lol

of course I always like when a restaurant serves both the rings and the tentacles! I don’t think pigs can fake the tentacles!

I love calamari, though I will no longer eat it without thinking of your post, thanks..... lol

of course I always like when a restaurant serves both the rings and the tentacles! I don’t think pigs can fake the tentacles!
Maybe we'll order some tonight, and talk about this post.

By the way, you should listen to the link. It really is pretty funny.

Anybody who wakes up devoid of fluids this morning due to valentine's day activities....should immediately begin hydrating and preparing for tonight's match!!!

"Better Listen to him Flounder. Hes pre med."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT