ADVERTISEMENT

Lets Talk Big 10 Expansion

hopefully it was their reliance on the portal

This. You can rebuild a terrible roster with the portal, but at some point, you have to develop your own players. Otherwise, you end up with a roster of unknowns with little experience and zero stability.

I saw Kromenhok (sp) on their sideline. Long term, might be better playing him at QB than DJU, who is essentially a known commodity at this point.

Too bad that school brings nothing to the table of value with regard to contract payouts.
Agreed, but other posters have indicated in the past the B1G and Fox would like to have the Atlanta market. Based on what we have seen, tv markets mean less than the school’s brand.

Reactions: psu00
The latest discussion I’ve heard is that the argument is the ACC extended the contract improperly. The original contract went through 2026/7 (IIRC). The ACC commish then extended it to 2036 with ESPN but apparently never got a formal vote from the members to do that which would mean FSU and Clemson could leave after 2026 without worrying about GOR. That’s apparently the argument they’re fighting over now for FSU to get out of the conference.
I believe you have that reversed. The GOR runs through 2036, and ESPN runs through 2026.

Reactions: LandoComando
I believe you have that reversed. The GOR runs through 2036, and ESPN runs through 2026.

You’re right. FSU (and Clemson I suppose) argue the GOR really expires in 2026 not 2036. The extension was invalid (in their argument).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT