ADVERTISEMENT

Manville wins

clucas

Jan 20, 2004
Nashville, TN
Manville beats Parriott (3 time Minny state champion) 4-1 in OT. Parriott going to Purdue?? What was the deal with him and Minnesota? Jammenz?

Rumor on The G forum is that Manville missed weight last night. That was an exhibition. Still impressive, though.

They raised parriotts hand to start match. Figured that's what happened.

Lol to Manville at 149? I thought it was Manville to Rutgers...just kidding

I thought he looked good, his offense is definitely there, he just needs to open up more

He's fine. Not on the level of Joseph, but not making 149 either. Will likely have to sit 2 years.

Agreed! I wouldn't read too much into the weight thing, but to figure Manville has to sit for two years doesn't necessarily make much sense just yet...I definitely see him as a grey shirt candidate and then if he doesn't compete for a spot until three seasons from now (assuming a redshirt) then who knows what the landscape will be then?

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Parriott grew up loving the Gophers. With Stroker and Early in house and most likely at his projected weight, he chose elsewhere. Don't know the details of offers but I imagine Purdue's was much more substantial. If things ever went south at Purdue, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him enroll with the Gophers.

Lol at the "Manville to 149" posters
Yeah. Maybe. Maybe not. My understanding is that he did not miss weight by just a little over the weekend. Also, last summer I remember he wrestled Dake at 74 kgs (163 lbs) in the Northeast Regionals. Still, guys have made some pretty big cuts to make a starting lineup.

Meh. It was an exhibition. What were they gonna do, send him home for missing weight?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT