ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Menet

you are correct, we could argue about that. We wont miss a beat. worse injuries to have? really what does our center do other than try to chase down a LBer.

The center is who usually calls out the protections on the line prior to each play. In a game where it is so critical for PSU to be able to run the ball effectively to stand a chance to win, having a guy who has never started at center be your starting center is less than ideal.

I've always viewed center as the 3rd most important position on offense behind QB and LT.

I'm not sure I follow you sluggo. Miranda has primarily been a back up at both guard and center. While he may be better than our RG, he will not be playing there. Also, with him starting, the backup positions he held will be taken by others who are were running 3rd team and, presumably, of lesser quality. I don't doubt Miranda is a good player, but if he were better then Menet, or the others, he would be starting. I guess we'll know how this all works out in 24 hours.
fair, agree with most of this. if mm is hurt, miranda will play. if, mm leaves after the season, miranda will be the center next year. so, he doesn't have to be better(tough to unseat a returning player) than mm, he just needs to be a reasonable facsimile thereof. my guess is he's had plenty of work at center in practice.

Aside from losing Clifford.... probably the worst guy PSU could have lost - for any number of reasons (in fact, road game - at the loudest venue PSU plays at - first start ever at OC - wicked good DL facing them - probably poor weather conditions for the snaps - etc..... pretty much a worst case scenario)
so the losing of Mike Menet (who as a starter, will be missed) is a bigger loss than anybody else on the team, except Clifford? So if we had to lose somebody ( a situation no one wants ) it would be better to lose Journey Brown than Memet? How about Pat Friermuth? Maybe Jake Pinegar? it's a bigger loss than losing either of the OT, Walker or Fries? It is a bigger loss than losing KJ Hamler?
Ok got it.
SMH

Reactions: ftlpsu
Obviously. These things are all quantifiable absolutes.

Losing Menet is a 5.32 loss.

Aside from Clifford, any of the other guys would be a 4.73 loss, or less.

It's simple math.... obviously (don't hurt yourself if you don't understand.... it is unlikely you will :) ). And - just to be clear: No. You don't get it. (You probably "get it" less than Loosey Goosey)
SMH

I don’t really count that well, but it seems to me that losing any of the starters before a big game is pretty much a worse case scenario. However losing a center maybe a little “worseeer”, but just a little lesser than a quarterback. If Miranda goes down in the game it will get even worseeer very quickly.

For Game of Thrones fans, there are conspiracy theory rumors that there is no injury and that Franklin leaked a different name of a purportedly injured player to each of various media outlets so that he would know which one(s) can't be trusted. Even if they didn't break the news at their own outlet, the source of the leak would be obvious...Tyrion Lannister at his best!

Comical, but people have actually posted this theory, hopefully in jest. lol

From an on-field perspective it does of course hurt the team...nevertheless it must be even worse for Menet himself who likely looked forward to having opportunity to contribute in such an important, high-profile game.

Again and please point me in the correct direction... is there ANY OTHER NEWS OUTLET OR SOURCE currently CONFIRMING THIS? Or has it just been fox43

Menet didn't look like he was limping coming off the bus at the hotel, so it could be an upper body injury if anything at all.

I would love for JFF to leak different names to different people to see who the mole is, that would be awesome.

I went to re watch the game(to see when he got hurt) as it was on Youtube earlier this week, I linked it to a post. Well I found that post, after hitting the link this is the message,' This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Veritone. " Who is Veritone and why are they no fun.

If he got hurt in the Indy game, then that must have meant he was not in on the final TD by PSU that essentially won the game.

If he got hurt in the Indy game, then that must have meant he was not in on the final TD by PSU that essentially won the game.
I remember rewatching the final drive and I thought he was in there.

Menet didn't look like he was limping coming off the bus at the hotel, so it could be an upper body injury if anything at all.

I would love for JFF to leak different names to different people to see who the mole is, that would be awesome.
Haha. Reminds me of the decimated roster that showed up at Beaver Stadium for the underdog Spartans last year. Those guys didn’t stand a chance! And then,...

For Game of Thrones fans, there are conspiracy theory rumors that there is no injury and that Franklin leaked a different name of a purportedly injured player to each of various media outlets so that he would know which one(s) can't be trusted. Even if they didn't break the news at their own outlet, the source of the leak would be obvious...Tyrion Lannister at his best!

Comical, but people have actually posted this theory, hopefully in jest. lol

From an on-field perspective it does of course hurt the team...nevertheless it must be even worse for Menet himself who likely looked forward to having opportunity to contribute in such an important, high-profile game.
I know this is TIC but I kind of wish Franklin would do this and then cut off media access to any guilty parties. I remember hearing that Steve Jobs did something similar at Apple have several leaks of internal company emails made it to the press. The employees were warned a few times and finally an email was circulated that Apple tracked, and anyone that leaked it was terminated.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
so the losing of Mike Menet (who as a starter, will be missed) is a bigger loss than anybody else on the team, except Clifford? So if we had to lose somebody ( a situation no one wants ) it would be better to lose Journey Brown than Memet? How about Pat Friermuth? Maybe Jake Pinegar? it's a bigger loss than losing either of the OT, Walker or Fries? It is a bigger loss than losing KJ Hamler?
Ok got it.
SMH

Yeah, let's just say the loss of Menet isn't changing the number in Vegas ;)

Why I am not surprised you posted this.
Actually, I am surprised I posted it. Normally I would say it's better to man up and get the crap kicked out of you, but we have a Big Rivalry Game with Rutgers next week and I guess I feel a need to get our lads healthy.

Well, Miranda was at RG on Wednesday. If Menet was out at that point, Miranda would be taking reps at Center.
Practice_Report_00_00_02_42_Still001.jpg

Well, we will get a look at what the offensive line will look like if Menet leaves before next year

news out on this suggests Hunter Kelley and Blake Zolar will be playing in Menet's place. who are these guys - never heard of either one. i thought Miranda was next up. a couple guys who never play doesnt inspire confidence.

news out on this suggests Hunter Kelley and Blake Zolar will be playing in Menet's place. who are these guys - never heard of either one. i thought Miranda was next up. a couple guys who never play doesnt inspire confidence.

From: https://247sports.com/college/penn-...State-football-walk-on-players-134224671/Amp/

He’s big and fast. I think we have a better than average chance. If any fan thinks we’re going to get crushed, then don’t watch.

OL BLAKE ZALAR

Previous School: Shamokin Area (Coal Township, Pa.)
Blake Zalar initially announced plans to walk-on elsewhere in the Big Ten, at Rutgers, during a National Signing Day ceremony, but when the Nittany Lions staff learned of his 100-meter track performances (12-second range) at 6-2 and approximately 290 pounds this spring, Penn State entered the picture. Increased interest led to a campus visit and steady communication with coaches, resulting in a May commitment to Penn State that he called "a no-brainer."

Ok got it.
SMH

I'd agree that besides Clifford, the "next worse" player to lose from the Offense would be Friermuth.... but, the point of his message is basically correct ... 'losing Menet is huge, and he is ONE of the most important pieces on our Offense'.

A Center is the QB of the OL. He calls the OL signals. He makes the DL reads at the line of scrimmage... and now we are going to trust that role for 60 minutes in a hostile environment to a guy who has never started at Center. Miranda has played a lot fo football, and that will be very helpful. But to throw him into his first start at "The Shoe" is a tough task.

Were not starting Blake Zolar.

Yes Hunter Kelly will start. Some kid that never gets firs
From: https://247sports.com/college/penn-...State-football-walk-on-players-134224671/Amp/

He’s big and fast. I think we have a better than average chance. If any fan thinks we’re going to get crushed, then don’t watch.

OL BLAKE ZALAR

Previous School: Shamokin Area (Coal Township, Pa.)
Blake Zalar initially announced plans to walk-on elsewhere in the Big Ten, at Rutgers, during a National Signing Day ceremony, but when the Nittany Lions staff learned of his 100-meter track performances (12-second range) at 6-2 and approximately 290 pounds this spring, Penn State entered the picture. Increased interest led to a campus visit and steady communication with coaches, resulting in a May commitment to Penn State that he called "a no-brainer."

Do you have a link to this "news out" that Hunter Kelley and Blake Zolar will take Menet's place? That really seems unlikely. They might be a bit overwhelmed under the circumstances. It also might have a material impact on PSU having any chance of victory.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT