ADVERTISEMENT

Myers to Missouri

That stalling style was in full effect last year for Kemerer as 19 of his 23 wins came by bonus including a 16-3 major decision over AA Geo Martinez. Sad but true.

No worries, he was just a true frosh. Still plenty of time for him to learn to wrestle the "Iowa Style." Cant undo all those 'bad' HS habits in just a year.;)

Hey dice...wasn't sure if you were serious or not ;).

Does anyone else think our days of bustin' on Iowa for their current style are numbered? Sure looks to me, with the likes of Marinelli, Kemerer, Lee, etc., they may be putting a pretty good product on the mat.

Reactions: Pennstate1985

Does anyone else think our days of bustin' on Iowa for their current style are numbered? Sure looks to me, with the likes of Marinelli, Kemerer, Lee, etc., they may be putting a pretty good product on the mat.
What about Marinelli's matches with top kids makes it look like he's an offensive dynamo? His nickname is the Bull and it looks like he likes to hand fight - he may just be a blonder Mike Evans for all we know.

Roar,
Until they step onto the mat and compete we will never know. Multiple decades of expected stall calls form referees for a push here and a shove there is tough to overcome.

I do have to admit though I am excited about Lee wearing that black singlet. We may actually see a Hawk score an offensive point on a Saturday. As was pointed out above, still time to get that offensive mindset corrected though.

You're right, time will tell. Did you catch the "sure looks to me", and "may be putting" parts of my post?

Kemerer majored the likes of Moreno, Kocer, and Martinez during his RS season. Marinelli has not yet stepped on a college mat, so not sure about him. And if Lee isn't a Bonus Point machine in college, well...I'm a monkey's uncle, as they say. All I'm saying is that there's some evidence, that's all, nothing more. I hope that more teams emphasize aggressive, point-scoring styles, as it's good for the sport. We all know Cael won't take his foot off the gas!!

Reactions: Azchief32
Yeah,
I caught everything you wrote. Its just that you are so nice and fair and even minded with your posts. So sometimes when it comes to a Hawk perspective I like to throw a little unbalanced mindset back onto the pile.

You're right, time will tell. Did you catch the "sure looks to me", and "may be putting" parts of my post?

Kemerer majored the likes of Moreno, Kocer, and Martinez during his RS season. Marinelli has not yet stepped on a college mat, so not sure about him. And if Lee isn't a Bonus Point machine in college, well...I'm a monkey's uncle, as they say. All I'm saying is that there's some evidence, that's all, nothing more. I hope that more teams emphasize aggressive, point-scoring styles, as it's good for the sport. We all know Cael won't take his foot off the gas!!
I agree with your post Roar. Brands is taking a page from Cael's book and going after the high end, offensively minded guys. Even though he lost to Nico and didn't score offensively in that match, if Gilman would have won the final, he would have ended up scoring the second most points at nationals behind Zain. Brooks and Stoll have good offenses too.

giphy.gif

Toasting you two fine gents

I agree with your post Roar. Brands is taking a page from Cael's book and going after the high end, offensively minded guys. Even though he lost to Nico and didn't score offensively in that match, if Gilman would have won the final, he would have ended up scoring the second most points at nationals behind Zain. Brooks and Stoll have good offenses too.
I have to admit I like watching Sammy wrestle.
However, stoll? Maybe I missed it, but every time I have watched Stoll wrestle I see a big kid whose offense is pretty much limited to maintaining position and waiting until the other guy shoots and with a strong sprawl, cross face and short offense scores his takedowns.

What about Marinelli's matches with top kids makes it look like he's an offensive dynamo? His nickname is the Bull and it looks like he likes to hand fight - he may just be a blonder Mike Evans for all we know.
So he's not impressed with Taylor or Dake either?

Yeah, in the main, the reign of those from the plains has waned.

Love it! I almost commented to 85 how much I dug that phrasing 'had an impression he was from the plains.' Which really ups the internet rumor game ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT