ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA to present findings and (only) recommend post-season ban for Cheaters of the West. No vacated natty or wins per report

Incorrect.

And the prison terms for the admins were BS. Singular misdemeanors for each. Ridiculous that jail time was involved. Not to mention that the convictions were un-Constitutional.
Seems PSU agreed with the charges.

Prison is prison and they went.

Supreme Court disagrees that they were unconstitutional.

Incorrect.

And the prison terms for the admins were BS. Singular misdemeanors for each. Ridiculous that jail time was involved. Not to mention that the convictions were un-Constitutional.

Also of note, only Spanier had jail time. The other two (who did plea bargains and were not convicted) did not go to jail.

Also of note, only Spanier had jail time. The other two (who did plea bargains and were not convicted) did not go to jail.
Actually they did. The had plea bargains arranged and then wouldn't lie (to further incriminate Spanier) which infuriated the OAG.
All three served jail time. Which is patently ridiculous.

Seems PSU agreed with the charges.
No, they just were trying to put it all behind them. They didn't care about the truth at all.
Prison is prison and they went.
Innocent people sometimes go to prison
Supreme Court disagrees that they were unconstitutional.
Incorrect.

First, the original conviction was overturned.
U.S. Magistrate Judge Karoline Mehalchick ruled the conviction "was based on a criminal statute that did not go into effect until six years after the conduct in question, and is therefore in violation of Spanier’s federal constitutional rights.”

The United States Court of Appeals for the Third District (not the Supreme Court) reinstated the conviction (which they got completedly wrong -- ex post facto is unConstitutional)

Last edited:
That was as Emmert said because Penn State later on cooperated. The NCAA have never said the sanctions were a mistake.
Of course Emmert would say that but if you look at how the NCAA handled subsequent SA scandals (most relevant are USC, UM, MSU and OSU), i.e. they did nothing (even though, unlike PSU, those examples actually involved NCAA athletes). That means they knew they acted improperly in the PSU case.

No, they just were trying to put it all behind them. They didn't care about the truth at all.
How do you know that?
Innocent people sometimes go to present.
Well I would like a present.
Incorrect.
Nope
First, the original conviction was overturned.
U.S. Magistrate Judge Karoline Mehalchick ruled the conviction "was based on a criminal statute that did not go into effect until six years after the conduct in question, and is therefore in violation of Spanier’s federal constitutional rights.”

The United States Court of Appeals for the Third District (not the Supreme Court) reinstated the conviction (which they got completedly wrong -- ex post facto is unConstitutional)
The Supreme Court refused to hear Spanier's appeal which means they agreed with the ruling.

Not so.
Incorrect.

It's not in the database.

The fine was part of the consent decree which happened without an NCAA investigation. No NCAA investigation = no letter of allegations = no infractions.

Reactions: doctornick
Of course Emmert would say that but if you look at how the NCAA handled subsequent SA scandals (most relevant are USC, UM, MSU and OSU), i.e. they did nothing (even though, unlike PSU, those examples actually involved NCAA athletes). That means they knew they acted improperly in the PSU case.
That's an interesting opinion but it is pure speculation.

Incorrect.

It's not in the database.

The fine was part of the consent decree which happened without an NCAA investigation. No NCAA investigation = no letter of allegations = no infractions.
Just used a different method. The Freeh Report was sufficient so they used it. Their Executive Committee and PSU agreed. Sorry but that's the facts.

How do you know that?
Because of what the alumni trustees have since told us.
Well I would like a present.
if you'd like me to start pointing out all of your typos/autocorrects, let me know. Moron.
The fact that you are trying to use Ted Cruz as evidence tells me all I need to know. You are clueless.
The Supreme Court refused to hear Spanier's appeal which means they agreed with the ruling.
Not what you said. And they got it wrong.

Because of what the alumni trustees have since told us.
They are biased and all ran on the platform of exonerating Paterno. Can't be trusted
if you'd like me to start pointing out all of your typos/autocorrects, let me know. Moron.
😆
The fact that you are trying to use Ted Cruz as evidence tells me all I need to know. You are clueless.
Did you listen to the questioning? She was the one who got it wrong and better lawyers than her explained it.
Not what you said. And they got it wrong.
I said the Supreme Court agreed or they would have taken the appeal. QED

Don't have enough info to say. Maybe cause it didn't involve pedophilia?
But it did involve NCAA student athletes. The NCAA exists (partly) to PROTECT student athletes.

The NCAA has far more reason to be involved with USC/MSU/UM/OSU scandals than it did with PSU.

They are biased and all ran on the platform of exonerating Paterno. Can't be trusted
LOLOLOLOLOLOL. OK, Conspiracy Theorist.
Did you listen to the questioning? She was the one who got it wrong and better lawyers than her explained it.
Ted Cruz is a dishonest, racist moron. So I didn't listen.
I said the Supreme Court agreed or they would have taken the appeal. QED
Doesn't mean the got it correct.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. OK, Conspiracy Theorist.
No they all stated that when they ran and only about 3% of the alumni vote in those things so they got in. No conspiracy just their own statements. Like this:

Ted Cruz is a dishonest, racist moron. So I didn't listen.
Kennedy too? Did you also know that judge was a PSU grad?
Doesn't mean the got it correct.
Your opinion. Are you a lawyer?

Last edited:
No they all stated that when they ran and only about 3% of the alumni vote in those things so they got in. No conspiracy just their own statements.
LOL. No. They are all respected people.
Kennedy too? Did you also know that judge was a PSU grad?
Yes, Kennedy is also a moron. So what if she was a PSU grad? She's correct.
Your opinion. Are you a lawyer?
Don't have to be a lawyer. Ex post facto is pretty simple.

LOL. No. They are all respected people.
They all ran on the same idea and they said so. Hell Paterno's kid is one of them LOL
Yes, Kennedy is also a moron. So what if she was a PSU grad? She's correct.
LOL okay, well listen to their arguments show that she was wrong. No Ex Post Facto. She admits it and said she had no issue with the reversal.
Don't have to be a lawyer. Ex post facto is pretty simple.
The concept is but it didn't apply to Spanier. See my cites for illumination.

They all ran on the same idea and they said so. Hell Paterno's kid is one of them LOL
And?
LOL okay, well listen to their arguments show that she was wrong. No Ex Post Facto. She admits it and said she had no issue with the reversal.
Then she is incorrect.
The concept is but it didn't apply to Spanier. See my cites for illumination.
It absolutely did apply to Spanier.

They are biased and not reliable of this issue
Incorrect.
😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

The law is what the courts interpret it to be not what you think it is.
Read the ex post factor definition again.

I'm putting you on ignore (again, with your new username).

Same tired arguments as before. You hate PSU. I get it. But you are completely wrong about this topic. All the data is on my side.

Incorrect.
From their own mouths.
Read the ex post factor definition again.
Doesn't apply to Spanier's case
I'm putting you on ignore (again, with your new username).
I accept your surrender
Same tired arguments as before. You hate PSU. I get it. But you are completely wrong about this topic. All the data is on my side.
Same facts as always. All the law is on my side. I don't hate PSU.

There's a lot here but two things...

The Supreme Court refusing to hear a case doesn't mean they agree with the original ruling.

The NCAA rolling back sanctions isn't them admitting they were unjust and certainly doesn't mean they were recanted. It's like someone reaching an agreement in a civil case doesn't mean they're guilty.

How am I getting my money back?
You already have that outlook. Nothing the NCAA does impacts that.
It's not wrong...you just don't like the reality of it. Who won the game?
None of what you're saying is relevant. The game occurred and there was an outcome. I don't care about anything else. That what happens.
You're welcome to your holier than though take as literally no title is legit with your logic and those that care about on field results are entitled to their take.

Good lord, man. You’re either trolling for trolling’s sake, or beyond help.

How do you get your money back? Via the law, sport. You don’t just say “what happened happened and there’s nothing anyone can do about it.” Criminal law. Civil law. You catch a thief and they are obligated to give you your money back.

Everything I’m saying is completely relevant. You just have the most ignorant, simple-minded, unethical view of this situation that I’ve ever read. It’s to the point where I can’t believe you’re serious. It’s past the point where you’re just not that bright and you’re also clinically obstinate. You must simply be trolling for attention.

If you’re playing a football game, and the DB intercepts a ball and returns it for a TD, but in the midst of doing so, he pulled the WR down before the ball was in the area, you don’t just say “what happened happened … nothing you can do about it! TD counts!” No, we have refs that throw flags. The TD doesn’t count … and there’s penalty yardage assessed.

And, if after a game is completed, it’s determined one side cheated, the results can be vacated.

It’s not “holier than thou” to acknowledge the process for rectifying wrongs. Your outlook of “if you can get away with cheating for a certain period of time, it’s now no longer relevant that you cheated … the outcome is the outcome” is absolutely insane. And I’m happy the world doesn’t operate that way and we have rules and laws in place to aid us in combatting your madness.

You wouldn’t happen to be posting from prison, would you?

Good lord, man. You’re either trolling for trolling’s sake, or beyond help.

How do you get your money back? Via the law, sport. You don’t just say “what happened happened and there’s nothing anyone can do about it.” Criminal law. Civil law. You catch a thief and they are obligated to give you your money back.

Everything I’m saying is completely relevant. You just have the most ignorant, simple-minded, unethical view of this situation that I’ve ever read. It’s to the point where I can’t believe you’re serious. It’s past the point where you’re just not that bright and you’re also clinically obstinate. You must simply be trolling for attention.

If you’re playing a football game, and the DB intercepts a ball and returns it for a TD, but in the midst of doing so, he pulled the WR down before the ball was in the area, you don’t just say “what happened happened … nothing you can do about it! TD counts!” No, we have refs that throw flags. The TD doesn’t count … and there’s penalty yardage assessed.

And, if after a game is completed, it’s determined one side cheated, the results can be vacated.

It’s not “holier than thou” to acknowledge the process for rectifying wrongs. Your outlook of “if you can get away with cheating for a certain period of time, it’s now no longer relevant that you cheated … the outcome is the outcome” is absolutely insane. And I’m happy the world doesn’t operate that way and we have rules and laws in place to aid us in combatting your madness.

You wouldn’t happen to be posting from prison, would you?
Ask people that have lost a significant amount of money how much they ever got back...

And the flag was thrown immediately which doesn't alter anything as it was part of the flag. Change that to the ref doesn't see it, the TD counts and they win. Nothing changes that which is the same here.

Vacating a win doesn't have meaning unless you give it meaning. Most don't. How many wins did Joe have in your mind when the NCAA vacated them? Guessing you proudly said a certain number because screw the NCAA but now you care what they decide.

The world works exactly how I'm stating it does. Not how you do. And, no, in court I'd be defending the criminal (well company) of wrongdoing.

Michigan cheated. You won't count their title regardless of what the NCAA does. Just like you and most here didn't count their ruling on us. Rightfully so. Just like those that consider Michigan the champion regardless of any NCAA ruling are justified. Everything you're saying is holier than thou. You can't accept the viewpoint that Michigan won. And won't even if the NCAA doesn't vacate it. That's the issue. Not me. Unlike you, I see your side even though I disagree with your take and believe it's just about feeling inferior to them.

Hopefully, if you finally get a job and earn some money, someone steals all of it, and then we can tell you that, as far as we’re concerned, the money is the thief’s because you didn’t stop them from robbing/swindling you. What happened happened after all. Stop failing logic and basic ethics.

LOL... Same old SimplyComplicated....

Reactions: dailybuck777
Right here is why the NCAA can't do anything they're threatening to do...the army of lawyers will destroy them

"I don't regret doing it because sitting on that information, given the comprehensiveness of it, I think we would have put everyone including Michigan in an awful place," Charlie Baker said Tuesday night while speaking to a small group of reporters at the NCAA convention. "At the end of the day, no one believes at this point that Michigan didn't win the national title fair and square. So I think we did the right thing."

I disagree with the statement "no one believes" as clearly many of you do but once he said this the option of vacating their title was legally dead. It's on video.

Right here is why the NCAA can't do anything they're threatening to do...the army of lawyers will destroy them

"I don't regret doing it because sitting on that information, given the comprehensiveness of it, I think we would have put everyone including Michigan in an awful place," Charlie Baker said Tuesday night while speaking to a small group of reporters at the NCAA convention. "At the end of the day, no one believes at this point that Michigan didn't win the national title fair and square. So I think we did the right thing."

I disagree with the statement "no one believes" as clearly many of you do but once he said this the option of vacating their title was legally dead. It's on video.
The NCAA will not vacate UM's title even though they should. If they tried here is what happens:

1. UM amasses an army of lying lawyers and sues the NCAA for daring to punish them
2. UM overwhelms the NCAA because the NCAA doesn't have the resources to match them

This happens quite often in the American court system. Deep pockets make right.

The NCAA will not vacate UM's title even though they should. If they tried here is what happens:

1. UM amasses an army of lying lawyers and sues the NCAA for daring to punish them
2. UM overwhelms the NCAA because the NCAA doesn't have the resources to match them

Correct

If michigan sues the NCAA, Michigan opens itself up to discovery. Very, very unlikely that they want to do that.

Michigan might threaten lawsuits, but will not act.

Recall how when Harbaugh suspension (2nd one) was looming we heard the same things:
"UM has the best lawyers on the planet"
"They have judges in their pocket and will get a restraining order before the plane lands"
"The NCAA will get sued back to the stone ages"

How did that work out again?

Michigan folded like a cheap wedding chair.

Reactions: GSPMax and bison13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT