ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Akron Game Thread ...

I love Trace, but boy I would love to see what Tommy Stevens could do with the first team for an extended period of time.

He's such a dildo, still can't believe he told the girl he interviewed in the first half "You sound sober"
I paused it and took a bathroom break during the interview with Saquon's parents just so I could fast forward it...you could tell he was grasping for relevant questions and mom was not interested.

Reactions: Phil's Rug
Yes, after she said she was a freshman.
If she was my daughter I would be making major noise with ABC over this guy. I would ask for his resignation from sideline reporting. That kind of interview with a freshman who just started college is reprehensible.

Reactions: chizco
What the hell. Now the announcers are talking about how Akron could win the MAC. Yeah they look great

Tommy Stevens the 1.1 string QB scores. I can't call him second string.

Stevens is an incredible runner - he can easily play True Flanker for PSU, he doesn't even need to line up at QB to be a huge dual-threat! Actually, I love the formations with Trace and Tommy both in the game - especially in the RedZone! Tommy Stevens is an incredible threat in the RedZone and inside the 10 when he's on the edge and the d-backs have to decide whether to come up in run-support or stay with their eligible-receiver assignment.....once Stevens gets a full head of steam, you aren't keeping him out of the Endzone if you wait to long on this decision - not just a great athlete and runner, but a very big guy and built basically like a TE!

Reactions: Manxome_Lion
Need to start running out the clock. Getting pointless to put pretty much anybody on the field

Didn't he start the interview with saying she was a freshman and asking how her first game was going?

Super awkward either way
Yes and it was a really long and weird interview. She should have ignored him after the 2nd question

If she was my daughter I would be making major noise with ABC over this guy. I would ask for his resignation from sideline reporting. That kind of interview with a freshman who just started college is reprehensible.

Agreed. Just asking that question suggests that underage drinking is expected. Terrible judgement.

Reactions: chizco
My 63-0 prediction in the "Score Prediction" thread is looking better all the time.....

More bull$hit calls from the b1g losers - ghost holding call wiping out Sanders 40 yard run.....LMAO. Hamilton was just tackled attempting to extend for a catch on 3rd down - no flag, these clowns are hysterical in their obvious attempts to keep more PSU points off the board.

More bull$hit calls from the b1g losers - ghost holding call wiping out Sanders 40 yard run.....LMAO. Hamilton was just tackled attempting to extend for a catch on 3rd down - no flag, these clowns are hysterical in their obvious attempts to keep more PSU points off the board.
The non-call on the PI was ... WOW.

Dumb offsides penalty.
Its 2nd / 3rd string, they will learn.

Lets not forget OSU's first team DE was lined up offsides several times repeatedly in their game against IU, but was only called on it once.

Well not 63-0 as someone predicted, but I will take a dominating 52-0 performance anytime.

Reactions: PSU87
The game couldn't have gone any better IMO. The stars (Barkley, McSorley, Gesicki) put up big numbers, the backups got quality snaps, the defense posted a shutout and NOBODY GOT HURT!
Best summary I've seen. Reps for the backups is something we always took for granted for so many years. It may not show up now, but next year, it will pay off in a big-time way.

A nice showing overall. Got the nerves settled and both the offense and defense looked very competent. The D Line was especially dominant. Biggest surprise for me was our punt return game in the absence of Reid. Barkley and Gesecki were my two stars of the game and Trace made good decisions as usual. A few dropped passes by Hamilton, and some passes thrown slightly off the mark, along with the one missed FG were my only disappointments. The made 47 harder was a nice confidence booster - like taking a mulligan. Use of Stevens will give something for Pitt to worry about, and I'm sure we kept plenty of the offense under wraps as well.

Now - BEAT PITT week starts'

Great opener to get some rust off the engine. Hamilton dropped an early pass. Center snaps were disruptive several times and even in special teams which led to missed FG. That will tighten up. No idea why Barkley is returning kicks. Also saw Johnson and Charles on KO team. Did Cam Brown play? Miller looked good at LB. Chavis is a monster in the middle. Buchholz is a horse. Matos looks great, too. Overall not much to be critical of. sPitt will be destroyed next week.

Reactions: denniskembala
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT