ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Iowa 2020 Game Thread

Took questions for 8 minutes. Not a single new or good answer. At some point the top is gonna blow off this mess. Out of 105 players, somebody gonna shoot off at the mouth. I'd rather have 1 guy pissed and throwing chairs then a bunch of guys saying blah, blah, blah. No damn passion or pride. 0-5 first time in school history. Wth is wrong with you guys!!!

Reactions: PSUfiji and TheGLOV
Took questions for 8 minutes. Not a single new or good answer. At some point the top is gonna blow off this mess. Out of 105 players, somebody gonna shoot off at the mouth. I'd rather have 1 guy pissed and throwing chairs then a bunch of guys saying blah, blah, blah. No damn passion or pride. 0-5 first time in school history. Wth is wrong with you guys!!!
UNITY

Reactions: TheGLOV
Finally, someone in the press has balls and asks (I paraphrase) “James, what do you say to the Penn State fans who have watched your team’s poor performance this year?”

Thank you Dave Jones.

Last edited:
I saw some of the postgame presser. At least Franklin seems somewhat angry about the way the team is playing. He also didn’t seem to have any solutions.

• Wow
I saw some of the postgame presser. At least Franklin seems somewhat angry about the way the team is playing. He also didn’t seem to have any solutions.

Well, the team should be angry about the way he is coaching.....I’ve NEVER seen as many head-scratching in-game TOTALLY BAD TOTALLY WRONG decisions by any other coach, college or pro.

Reactions: JDale83
Let’s face it. There aren’t any answers coming this year. Until OL can open up holes for RB’s the offense will fail miserably. I’m not even sure wher to start with defense. They seem dysfunctional at ever facet of the game. No pass rush, weak interior, LB’s are missing in action, safeties are out of position, and poor tackling.

I’m deeply concerned over the recruiting fallout. It seems be teetering, now this.

Franklin just looks done. But where would he go? If you’re USC would you pay him 6 million a year plus buyout? His stock is at an all time low. Knife allegations, poor recruiting, and losing games. The alum would be furious at hiring an 0-5, soon to be 0-8 coach.

I've seen enough of Clifford. That last screen pass to their DT was reminiscent of Hack, and that's not a good thing. The OL play has been sub-par, but you just can't lay it all on the OL. Clifford should be relegated to the bench for the rest of the season.
But replaced with whom? Levis was atrocious (as he was against Rutgers last year).

Franklin has failed. You cannot take a proud, winning program like PSU and manage over the worst record in its 140 year history. Even if we win all the remaining games this 0-5 start will define his tenure here. The critical losses along the way to USC, Ohio State, Minny, the beat-down at Michigan, at home to Maryland, that horrible Kentucky game -- all seem like small potatoes now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT