ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Memphis Cotton Bowl Game Thread

You guys do realize our entire defense is predicated on getting pressure on a very consistent basis right? When we don't this is what happens in every game, whether a good opponent or not. It is what it is.

is that Reid watches their QB and not the receiver he is covering?

Reactions: Sooner Lion
Not sure that’s on Reid. I have less belief he makes the mental errors than I do our safeties. Hell Taylor started this game looking like he played dizzy bat.

Why is he looking back 40 yards? He let up bc he thought QB was getting tackled or running. Either way, he did the wrong thing letting WR go free.

Reactions: psuno1
Yes yes... Don't give journey the ball till 4th quarter.... Awesome **** me dude so ****ing stupid

This is a ridiculous performance so far. CJF may have to re-evaluate bowl game prep philosophy if Memphis runs away with this

Reactions: mnuccio2
They only have 6 guys in the box. We should run the damn ball.

I’m here at the game. This is clearly a much bigger game for Memphis. Their fans and players are pumped.

We act like we don’t want to be here.

Memphis is pinning their ears back and blitzing nearly every play. Yet Penn State with all their vaunted athletes can’t get any pressure.

Not one run
Not one after Brown runs right over them

our staff sucks
Seriously it is gd stupid to not stick with what works. Kirk can’t get here soon enough. We can obviously run over the. And yet won’t go to our strength. This bombs away passing mebtality is dumb when that does not suit our personell

Needless to say, PSU is looking unmotivated. I haven't figured out if it is a motivation thing or a scheme thing????

Why is he looking back 40 yards? He let up bc he thought QB was getting tackled or running. Either way, he did the wrong thing letting WR go free.
Did it vs OSU as well for td when we need a stop, quiet looking the backfield and cover your man.

I often disagree with Pry’s defensive philosophy against teams like this. Sometimes, you have to keep things in front of you. Get too aggressive against a team that can make deep throws and this is what happens.

Agree 100%.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT