ADVERTISEMENT

Okie state vs hawks

It already started. I jokingly/antagonistically said their fans were stuck in the past and should have been featured on VH1's I Love the 90's. I was immediately met with Penn State pedophile remarks. When I dared to question the appropriateness of such comments I was told to get thicker skin and shut up/leave. LOL.

First and last time I get in the mud over there. Yikes. Some good posters but a lot of cesspool scum as well.

You flamed the living crap out of the play by play thread (along with several other PSU fans) and acted like a complete tool and then have the nerve to run back here and call them "cesspool scum." Please tell me you are 12 years old.

In between Lee's loss to Rivera and his loss to Picc today he won 10 straight including 6 falls, a TF, and a MD. It's weird how this "mystery" illness only affects him when he loses.
Both guys are undefeated. A lot higher caliber than the 8 wins you mention. But you know that, it just doesn’t fit your narrative

5c7319bca2c9e.png

Please caption this photo.

I will when you guys give Marinelli credit for beating Cenzo

He did beat Cenzo. Who denied that? I take solace in his 2nd straight NCAA title. That trumps any dual loss. But what’s that have to do with giving credit to Picc and Rivera?

No one said Cenzo “wasn’t right, sick, Mono, etc”. At least I don’t remember any of that.

You guys are right. Spencer has been perfectly healthy all year. He just decided to stop wrestling how he did last year so he could lose to opponents he dominated previously. I stand corrected
Keep making excuses. Maybe he was sick, maybe he wasn't, all I know is Brands keeps putting him on the mat and he got stuck today and has not improved. Of course last week you guys were all gaga when Spencer dominated a solid wrestler in Oliver.

I very well could have been a regional champion in high school if it wasn't for the flu 3 weeks before the postseason and a concussion one week before it. No what, nobody cares, I didn't get the job done.

All I know is the season is when it is, deal with it.

Reactions: Dogwelder
His 10 wins were to opponents where his gas tank wasn't an issue, except for the MD where he was clearly gassed and only got the major to a top 20 guy. His gas tank to me seems like whole issue with him. Illness or not I don't know, yes Picc is improved, didn't get taken down and didn't get turned. Lee's conditioning is an issue that needs to get solved. He's will be the champ this year if that gets fixed, if not, we're (Hawkeye fans) in for a major letdown. He's beatable by the top 5 or so as it stands.

I will when you guys give Marinelli credit for beating Cenzo
Marinelli beat Cenzo last year in a dual. Cenzo went for a throw when he did not have too, Marinelli stuffed it with a counter and a 6 point move. Congrats to Alex.

Bet Alex would like to trade his 6th place medal for Cenzo's big trophy. Here is another secret for you, IMar is 3 and 2 all-time against Cenzo, you think he might like to trade when those wins occurred with Cenzo?

I believe it was the same poster that first intimated some inside knowledge of what Spencer was going through, but wasn’t going to share. Then about 5 minutes later said kidney stones, without much prompting. But I may have mixed up posters.

He did beat Cenzo. Who denied that? I take solace in his 2nd straight NCAA title. That trumps any dual loss. But what’s that have to do with giving credit to Picc and Rivera?

No one said Cenzo “wasn’t right, sick, Mono, etc”. At least I don’t remember any of that.

No one said those things. They said Cenzo cold have just held on and won but he went for a throw and it cost him.

No excuses. Just reality.

How do you shut-up Hawk fans? It comes next Friday. It's called March. Today was just a little premature. In late summer you'll have the annual off-season bluster, but March shuts them up. If it wasn't for their Pa. recruits they might not flirt with top ten. Try producing top talent within the ears of corn. Excellent job by John Smith & co.

The majority of this board gave 0 credit to Marinelli. Cenzo threw himself on his back was the theme, go back and read the posts. If you think Spencer has just regressed and/or other guys have improved that much then you are entitled to your opinion. I just don’t agree.

I'm not a Dr but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. My research on WebMD has led me to believe that Spencer has caught a virus known as "coachedbybrands". It is mildly contagious with outbreaks only documented in the mid-west, specifically Iowa City. The symptoms last 4 to 5 years, progress over time, and are usually summed up as deteriorating athletic ability. Once the patient leaves the greater Iowa City Area, all traces of the virus disappear.

Spencer actual looked "ok" up until... He had looked much better the past few matches.

I think its a little bit of you live by the sword and you can die by it if you are not careful. I have seen, him, Austin and yes even Yianni hang out on that single leg split on Def. Yianni is the king, and the one thing you won't see him do is bring his head to his own knee. I've seen it elsewhere and wondered why the offensive wrestler doesn't try to just turn it into a cradle instantly. if you're hanging out in the splits it's a MUST that you keep the head high and Spencer didn't do that. I think I oponents should be looking for that for the rest of his career because he ends up in the splits 50% of the time someone gets a single on him.

Reactions: diggerpup
The majority of this board gave 0 credit to Marinelli. Cenzo threw himself on his back was the theme, go back and read the posts. If you think Spencer has just regressed and/or other guys have improved that much then you are entitled to your opinion. I just don’t agree.

I call it a "Self-6"

Do you need a hug? A cookie?
You're acting like someone kicked your dog.

Reactions: palmettolion

Well, I did hear VJ had a mild case of the walking farts the morning of the match.

In between Lee's loss to Rivera and his loss to Picc today he won 10 straight including 6 falls, a TF, and a MD. It's weird how this "mystery" illness only affects him when he loses.
Not a single person he faced in between
rivera and picc were nearly as talented though

It already started. I jokingly/antagonistically said their fans were stuck in the past and should have been featured on VH1's I Love the 90's. I was immediately met with Penn State pedophile remarks. When I dared to question the appropriateness of such comments I was told to get thicker skin and shut up/leave. LOL.

First and last time I get in the mud over there. Yikes. Some good posters but a lot of cesspool scum as well.
It can get ugly on HR in a hurry, particularly when things aren't going well on the mat. There are some good and knowledgeable posters there, but the good ones can quickly become overwhelmed by the cesspool masses.

Cenzo got careless and Marinelli capitalized. No question about it. Joseph also lost to IMAR last year at BIGs. We all know what happened after that.

I call it a "Self-6"

Do you need a hug? A cookie?
You're acting like someone kicked your dog.

Perhaps he named his dog Bull.

No one outside of Iowa fans or people who hate Penn State would watch that match objectively and think that Marinelli made that happen. That was Cenzo getting over aggressive when he didn't need to. Nothing else.

You flamed the living crap out of the play by play thread (along with several other PSU fans) and acted like a complete tool and then have the nerve to run back here and call them "cesspool scum." Please tell me you are 12 years old.
And you can go right back to your board and specifically state I agree with you. It was ridiculous. Maybe tell mp that constantly wants to be an assh$le. And yeah, he's still not banned but cannot let go.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Marinelli took 6 Ls in March...meanwhile Cenzo won another title. Cenzo got caught attacking late in a match when he didn't have to. Iowa fans are so used to a guy getting a slight lead and just shutting it down. Yet jmadden (after his team got its ass handed to it) wants to die on the Marinelli deserves more credit for beating Cenzo last year sword? As the kids say, weird flex but ok

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT