ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State cruises the country roads to a 34-12 win over West Virginia

They don't face another defense of our caliber the rest of the year.

It's not out of the question that they put up similar numbers as last year vs a Big 12 schedule devoid of Oklahoma, Texas, and Utah. Even matchups vs Kansas, Oklahoma State, Kansas St, and Arizona don't present strong defenses, yet.
West Virginia always seems to excel when all the best teams in their conference leave. Funny how that works.

• Haha
Reactions: lazydave841
I NEVER thought he was a Heisman contender. Never. I never fall for propaganda on anything WVU.
So, you agree he's a subpar QB that isn't accurate enough to do anything against even a mediocre defense other than hope his guys win 50/50 balls or his first read isn't covered?

So, you agree he's a subpar QB that isn't accurate enough to do anything against even a mediocre defense other than hope his guys win 50/50 balls or his first read isn't covered?
Pretty much. Pretty good runner, though. But that is the best defense I've seen WVU play against in some time.

It was also amazing to see clean holes. Donkoh mashing the DT and the devasting block by Warren was a thing of beauty.

FYI…..if you didn’t watch Cousins on every snap, you should. It will truly be hard to keep him off the field.

No doubt. 71 impressed me as well. On one running play he was on his block 8 yards downfield. It may have happened in the near past, but I didn't notice. Great to see now. I just looked him up. Ioane.

Really? Pribula converted a 3rd Down with a nice option play. Pribula had a nice TD pass to TE directly down the slot 100% set up by "Pribula Package" (replay shows WVU LBs running directly toward LOS after Pribula takes Shotgun Snap because he runs or options on like 90% of his snaps - this left the TE wide-open down the slot and Pribula hit him with a pass on the numbers).
The Matt Kizner package on that play!

Pretty much. Pretty good runner, though. But that is the best defense I've seen WVU play against in some time.

If you pick out certain plays, you would think our defense did worse than it did. I cam remember 2 or 3 runs by White that got 8, 10, maybe 12 yards. Donaldson had a couple good ones as well. Then Greene had a couple well placed balls that went for big gains.

And then you check the stats and figure out that was it. The rest was shut down.

I truly hope you guys finish 11-1 and destroy teams in the process. I have no ill will towards WVU. I don't honestly know how you will fare, but I'm glad we contained yall as much as we did.

I thought the '23 performance was good; '24 was superior.

Which game did you think WVU looked better in or about the same?

'23 for sure.

Donaldson ran better that day. Greene definitely ran better. I think they used the TE better in '23. WRs maybe a push as without looking at the stats again I don't have a strong inclination on them.

Looking at the stats, we put in a really good performance. Perhaps great. Or WVU is just bad. I dunno. They are probably gonna be fine in conference play, but this looks like a top 10 defense at worst and top 3 at best.

Reactions: LandoComando
'23 for sure.

Donaldson ran better that day. Greene definitely ran better. I think they used the TE better in '23. WRs maybe a push as without looking at the stats again I don't have a strong inclination on them.

Looking at the stats, we put in a really good performance. Perhaps great. Or WVU is just bad. I dunno. They are probably gonna be fine in conference play, but this looks like a top 10 defense at worst and top 3 at best.
I think it's very much a combination of us being better than last year and WVU being worse. Kansas, Kansas State, Arizona and Oklahoma State are going to be very difficult games for them to win. I'm curious how they do against Pitt who seeming has an actual QB this year but it's been one game so who even knows with that.

'23 for sure.

I don’t know, wasn’t Penn State up 30 to 7 in the fourth quarter of that game?

I think it's very much a combination of us being better than last year and WVU being worse. Kansas, Kansas State, Arizona and Oklahoma State are going to be very difficult games for them to win. I'm curious how they do against Pitt who seeming has an actual QB this year but it's been one game so who even knows with that.
I think WVU folded under the hype of that particular game. They played tight. They will be more loose for the rest.

I think WVU folded under the hype of that particular game. They played tight. They will be more loose for the rest.
They weren't tight. They were outclassed and outcoached.

Everything I've said about Greene and WVU for a year was evident in our game. Their run game suffered as their best player from last year is now playing on Sundays. The secondary is basically nonexistent...same with the pass rush. I mean Arizona might put up 60. Greene cant hit short or intermediate throws consistently, he locks onto his first receiver, he's high way too often...watch what should have been an easy TD pass that he bounced before they did get into the endzone. It wasn't nerves. It was talent. Or a lack there of.

Sorry I'm tired of people making WVU into something they aren't. Last year, they got lucky and avoided everyone somewhat decent in the Big XII other than the Oklahoma schools which were both double digit losses...just like they got beat badly by Penn State. Saturday wasn't about nerves or pressure. It was about skill and coaching

Again sorry

Last edited:
They weren't tight. They were outclassed and outcoached.

Everything I've said about Greene and WVU for a year was evident in our game. Their run game suffered as their best player from last year is now playing on Sundays. The secondary is basically nonexistent...same with the pass rush. I mean Arizona might put up 60. Greene cant hit short or intermediate throws consistently, he locks onto his first receiver, he's high way too often...watch what should have been an easy TD pass that he bounced before they did get into the endzone. It wasn't nerves. It was talent. Or a lack there of.

Sorry I'm tired of people making WVU into something they aren't. Last year, they got lucky and avoided everyone somewhat decent in the Big XII other than the Oklahoma schools which were both double digit losses...just like they got beat badly by Penn State. Saturday wasn't about nerves or pressure. It was about skill and coaching

Again sorry
Nobody is denying PSU is at a different level. But had WVU converted those short yardage situations and scored first it would have been closer.

Nobody is denying PSU is at a different level. But had WVU converted those short yardage situations and scored first it would have been closer.
I mean, no...just like last year when they play good teams they get beat badly. But we'll see in two weeks when they play a subpar Pitt team if they can win that one.

I mean, no...just like last year when they play good teams they get beat badly. But we'll see in two weeks when they play a subpar Pitt team if they can win that one.
Not denying that. But I think you win by 14 had WVU got those two score. Losing by 14 to PSU is not bad.

Not denying that. But I think you win by 14 had WVU got those two score. Losing by 14 to PSU is not bad.
But they didn't. We could also talk about how WVU might have 3 total points without somewhat questionable calls.

Good luck the rest of the year. Nothing against you as I know you're just trying to be optimistic about your team and I hope they do manage to win 8+ games again but you might be in for a long year. Luckily you play in the Big XII where anything can happen

But they didn't. We could also talk about how WVU might have 3 total points without somewhat questionable calls.

Good luck the rest of the year. Nothing against you as I know you're just trying to be optimistic about your team and I hope they do manage to win 8+ games again but you might be in for a long year. Luckily you play in the Big XII where anything can happen
I'd settle for 7 wins. You should see how the players graded out. Awful.

By the way, might come to your Ohio State game.

Reactions: LandoComando
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT