ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State defeats Delaware, 63-7

You went back almost 30 years. Allar is a bigger component in this team than Collins was in 94. Collins 94 team had 5RBs eventually drafted, 1st Rd TE, 2 WRs drafted and at least 4 OL drafted

.500 coach. Maybe less than by the end of this season.
It just may have reached the point where big time college football has passed by NU; I’m beginning to think that may struggle ever to be a major player again based on demographics and location.

Honest question...is there any inference to draw from Kaytron Allen being the clear #1 RB today? He started the game and had a clear advantage in carries, 19-12. It's usually much more even. Was this some kind of message being sent? I heard CJF praising Allen all week, is he concerned about the portal? Did Kaytron just have a great week of practice? It's probably nothing at all, but it is a departure from past usage and just throwing it out there for consideration.

WE ARE!!!

Honest question...is there any inference to draw from Kaytron Allen being the clear #1 RB today? He started the game and had a clear advantage in carries, 19-12. It's usually much more even. Was this some kind of message being sent? I heard CJF praising Allen all week, is he concerned about the portal? Did Kaytron just have a great week of practice? It's probably nothing at all, but it is a departure from past usage and just throwing it out there for consideration.

WE ARE!!!
I wondered the same

Reactions: NittanyChris

WE ARE!!!

Allen and Singleton have the ideal situation. It would be foolish for either to transfer just to avoid splitting carries. As it is, they'll have half the chance of a career-ending injury and still have the same look from the NFL. The NFL doesn't care about college stats.

If I'm an RB I not only want a great OL, but a great passer. I don't want defenses stacking the LOS. I want them worried about the QB. Allar is tough to defend.

Allen and Singleton have the ideal situation. It would be foolish for either to transfer just to avoid splitting carries. As it is, they'll have half the chance of a career-ending injury and still have the same look from the NFL. The NFL doesn't care about college stats.

If I'm an RB I not only want a great OL, but a great passer. I don't want defenses stacking the LOS. I want them worried about the QB. Allar is tough to defend.
Agreed. RBs should want to split carries in college. Less wear & tear. They just both need to go pro the first chance they can. Age matters with backs.

Reactions: lazydave841

WE ARE!!!

None. Singleton had 3 TDs. If they were concerned about the portal, wouldn't they have fed Allen the TDs?

19 vs 12 against an FCS opponent isn't a big difference. We were able to run at will and keeps drives going effectively and efficiently. When do you remember this happening?

None. Singleton had 3 TDs. If they were concerned about the portal, wouldn't they have fed Allen the TDs?

19 vs 12 against an FCS opponent isn't a big difference. We were able to run at will and keeps drives going effectively and efficiently. When do you remember this happening?
You could very well be correct. Just thought it was interesting. I think this is the first time I recall that Allen was in for the first two series. That is a change.

Reactions: lazydave841
Way premature to slam rhule. He's going the program build route like he did at temple and Baylor vs the wholesale portal route taken by Deion. Horrible 1st year, mediocre 2nd and 10+ wins the 3rd year. I'd be shocked I Nebby can't compete NIL-wise next year. They are the ONLY game in town and state.

Way premature to slam rhule. He's going the program build route like he did at temple and Baylor vs the wholesale portal route taken by Deion. Horrible 1st year, mediocre 2nd and 10+ wins the 3rd year. I'd be shocked I Nebby can't compete NIL-wise next year. They are the ONLY game in town and state.
Deion is showing his approach is wrong. That's the problem. He doesn't have years to right the ship. It can be done instantly. This isn't Temple or Baylor. And this isn't the AAU or Big XII. This is the Big Ten if reinforcements coming that are all better than them.

I was going to say that I wonder what OSU only scoring 35 points at home against YSU tells their fans about their team right now. Not that it matters much now, but OSU shouldn’t be ranked as highly as they are after two rather pedestrian performances.
Unfortunately, I’m starting to think that ND will beat the Suckeyes, which definitely takes some of the shine off when we beat them as well.

Reactions: Online Persona
Unfortunately, I’m starting to think that ND will beat the Suckeyes, which definitely takes some of the shine off when we beat them as well.
Right now, this ND team should beat this OSU team at home, and I’ll be surprised if they don’t.

On another note, does an ACC school ever beat ND? I know that ND has lost a few games since they started playing a de facto ACC schedule, but they own that conference.

Reactions: Online Persona
Agreed. RBs should want to split carries in college. Less wear & tear. They just both need to go pro the first chance they can. Age matters with backs.

Coach apparently said it better than I could, using a reference to "tread on tires."

From Dylan's article.

"Those guys have bought into the idea that we have two starting tailbacks; we will see how that goes week to week based on preparation," James Franklin said about his two tailbacks on Saturday after the game. "We're going to play them both like starter reps, and they're competitors; they want the ball, and they want opportunities to make plays, but they also understand the long term for their collegiate careers, but afterward, showing that those guys have a lot of tread on the tires and are fresh for their careers for the long haul. Sometimes, in the heat of the battle, they want more opportunities and more touches, but big picture-wise, they get it, they really get it."

Reactions: LandoComando
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT