ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

I don't visit the Panther Lair as much as I once did. Now that they are playing a D3 non conference schedule and no longer on the PSU schedule.....there isn't as much banter about PSU. However, I'm so pleased to see that the Fearby commit, has a few SPitters coming unhinged. On one hand they insist that with their fearsome foursome they didn't need him....but one says Fearby must be "weird" another insists that only some sort of "foul play" could have lured the young man to "moo cowville....." Perhaps the biggest belly laugh is a delusional Pitter that insists he wouldn't take PSU's 2022 class over what Pitt currently has (PSU top 10 Pitt 48 LOl). Anyway, its worth some laughs.

For years Pitt fans have criticized kids who choose PSU by essentially calling them dumb because "Pitt is better at developing NFL talent". Meanwhile, PSU has well over double the amount of players in the NFL. During the 2020 season, I think PSU was tied for 5th among active players on NFL rosters.

For any Pitt lurkers - Yes! I know Aaron Donald was a 3-star and yes, I know Aaaron Donald is very very good. He's an exception and the vast majority of the other 3-stars you recruit perform like 3-stars and that's why Pitt has averaged 7 wins a season under Duzz.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Except for the ~5 months this thread was idle. Meanwhile, how often do you post here? Pot meet kettle.

panda, where have you been man?

I missed you sir. Man crush!

Glad you're back.

I knew, if you were good, you'd get an early release sir.

;) ;) ;)

Now, all we need is LaJollaLion and we'll be one big happy family again!

Reactions: brupsu
panda, where have you been man?

I missed you sir. Man crush!

Glad you're back.

I knew, if you were good, you'd get an early release sir.

;) ;) ;)

Now, all we need is LaJollaLion and we'll be one big happy family again!
Like a moth to the flame…..they always want to know what big brother is up to.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGLOV
For years Pitt fans have criticized kids who choose PSU by essentially calling them dumb because "Pitt is better at developing NFL talent". Meanwhile, PSU has well over double the amount of players in the NFL. During the 2020 season, I think PSU was tied for 5th among active players on NFL rosters.

For any Pitt lurkers - Yes! I know Aaron Donald was a 3-star and yes, I know Aaaron Donald is very very good. He's an exception and the vast majority of the other 3-stars you recruit perform like 3-stars and that's why Pitt has averaged 7 wins a season under Duzz.
The same few idiots continue to be mystified by recruits picking us in light their exaggerated version of Sandusky's crimes.

Now, now, if you don't know your geography or history, then it stands to reason that PITTSBURGHER will correct the ignorant or incorrect reference.

I do realize, of course, that y ou can't fix stupid.

Lol I don't even know why PITTSBURGHERS are so eager to distance themselves from the Midwest. I've spent my entire life (30 years) throughout different towns and cities in both the Midwest and the East Coast. People from the Midwest are far nicer, just as smart, and don't have weird accents. I also find there's this stigma on the east coast that people from the Midwest are "trashier" which....certainly hasn't been my experience.

I certainly won't argue with you on the geography, but I think the notion is that Pittsburgh is culturally similar to Midwestern cities (NOT an insult). Are we allowed to refer to Pittsburgh as Appalachia?

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13

That is why I made the Temple post. Pitt isn’t even second in the state for developing NFL players.

Lol I don't even know why PITTSBURGHERS are so eager to distance themselves from the Midwest. I've spent my entire life (30 years) throughout different towns and cities in both the Midwest and the East Coast. People from the Midwest are far nicer, just as smart, and don't have weird accents. I also find there's this stigma on the east coast that people from the Midwest are "trashier" which....certainly hasn't been my experience.

I certainly won't argue with you on the geography, but I think the notion is that Pittsburgh is culturally similar to Midwestern cities (NOT an insult). Are we allowed to refer to Pittsburgh as Appalachia?

No.

Pittsburgh was once referred to as the "Gateway to the West" .

We are MID ATLANTIC. Get it straight sir.

Appalachia, oh hell no.

Maybe you ought to research why Chicago is referred to as the "2nd city' hence #1 city would be New York.

This. Grew up In The Burgh,live in the Midwest for 10 years ...people are sooo much nicer in the Midwest.

This. Grew up In The Burgh,live in the Midwest for 10 years ...people are sooo much nicer in the Midwest.

No way. Midwesterners have an upity-ness about them; nose out of joint - we're better than you attitude!

Boy, has this thread gone off the rails!!

All you have to do is think Ohio State University and go from there.

Cleveland too.

Reactions: odshowtime
No.

Pittsburgh was once referred to as the "Gateway to the West" .

We are MID ATLANTIC. Get it straight sir.

Appalachia, oh hell no.

Maybe you ought to research why Chicago is referred to as the "2nd city' hence #1 city would be New York.

So do you think that Pittsburgh is more culturally similar to Philly and DC than Cleveland and Cinci?

No way. Midwesterners have an upity-ness about them; nose out of joint - we're better than you attitude!

Cleveland too.

So... I kind of get the Ohio State thing, but Ohioans more uppity than New Yorkers and Washingtonians? Uh....

I sense a strong Pittsburgh bias, Glov. :p

• Haha

I love Pittsburgh. It reminds me of a small town more than any other big city I’ve spent any amount of time in. The city has real neighborhoods, a community feel and many parts of the city are quite nice and real estate in generally reasonably priced. Not many places have low cost real estate and access to quality jobs like the Burg. With that being said, Pittsburgher’s claiming other people talk funny is the epitome of pot calling kettle black!

I love Pittsburgh. It reminds me of a small town more than any other big city I’ve spent any amount of time in. The city has real neighborhoods, a community feel and many parts of the city are quite nice and real estate in generally reasonably priced. Not many places have low cost real estate and access to quality jobs like the Burg. With that being said, Pittsburgher’s claiming other people talk funny is the epitome of pot calling kettle black!

I do not recal anybody, me included, saying people outside of Pittsurgh talk funny in this thread.

Swing and a miss.

Unless you are just providing your general opinion.

Cleveland

Cleveland too.
To me the Midwest starts in Indiana goes as far north as Minnesota horse houses in southern tip of Missouri. Ohio doesn’t belong anywhere

People from the Midwest are far nicer, just as smart, and don't have weird accents.
My Yinzer accent had people confounded when I moved to LA out of college. It is there, where I learned to enunciate (among other things). ;) :cool: This skill (enunciation) helped me out when I travelled internationally and used interpreters routinely. Give me 5-6 IPA's and I can recall my inner Yinzer quite well!!
I do not recal anybody, me included, saying people outside of Pittsurgh talk funny in this thread.
See above, in bold...:cool::cool::cool:

Reactions: PSUoh90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT