ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

Did anyone see Pitt play? How do we know they did?
IF....Pitt beats PSU......PSU will finish higher in the rankings, go to a better bowl game, continue to draw 3x the fans and Pitt will still be irrelevant as a college FB program.

But pitt will have keychains.

Reactions: diggerpup
Who knew..... Sean Miller Fan opines on Trace.

"Not Heisman caliber? Ummmm......duh! He's a good QB, not as good as Pickett. He does have a knack for clutch drives. Though it helps he has better players than the team he is playing against nearly every week."

"Not Heisman caliber? Ummmm......duh! He's a good QB, not as good as Pickett. He does have a knack for clutch drives. Though it helps he has better players than the team he is playing against nearly every week."
Pitt disease.....diarrhea of the gums and constipation of the brain.

Kenny is just getting warmed up!

In only his second start for Pitt, Pickett picked apart Albany by completing 13 of 13 passes for 129 yards and a touchdown and running for another score on the way to a 33-7 victory Saturday at Heinz Field.

The nickname might have been an accident, but Pickett’s near-perfect first half wasn’t. Maurice Ffrench spotted Pitt a 7-0 lead by returning the opening kickoff for a touchdown, and safety Damar Hamlin returned an interception 79 yards to the Albany 19 before Pickett ever took the field.

Pickett scored on a 5-yard run for a 13-0 lead, then completed five passes to four receivers on a nine-play, 75-yard scoring drive to make it 19-0 at 4:42 of the first quarter.

An admitted perfectionist who said offensive coordinator Shawn Watson demands precision, Pickett threw touchdown passes of 3 and 42 yards to Rafael Araujo-Lopes in the second quarter for a 26-point halftime lead.

“Since I’ve been young, you chase perfection and you find excellence,” Pickett said. “That’s something I want to continue as my career moves on, really, just being as efficient of a quarterback as I can be.”

The Panthers professed they had no idea Pickett was perfect through the first two quarters. To be fair, he did have a failed 2-point conversion pass that didn’t count toward his passing totals and another incomplete throw negated by an Albany illegal substitution penalty.

“He’s so far ahead for how old he is, you wouldn’t even know that he’s a true sophomore quarterback out there with only, what, two starts now,” Pitt senior running back Qadree Ollison said.

“You wouldn’t even know it if you walked into the stadium and watched the game. You would think this kid has started in 20-plus games. He does a tremendous job leading the offense and running the whole show. At the same time, you still know that he’s only a sophomore, that he’s an 18-, 19-year-old kid. You don’t expect him to be perfect.”

So it shouldn’t be a surprise that Pickett’s pursuit of perfection had the second-half hiccups that Narduzzi anticipated when he made the Kenny Perfect comment.

As poised as Pickett appeared in his leading Pitt to an upset of No. 2 Miami in his first college start and as perfect as his passing was in his first start in a season opener, his second-half had hiccups: a fumble, an interception and a first-ever slide that sent a shiver through the stadium.

No wonder Narduzzi quipped, “I didn’t know he was 13 of 13, but he could be a lot better.”

For one, Pickett learned he can’t run over linebackers. On a third-and-10 at the Albany 37, he tried to leap over Bethel Park graduate Levi Metheny when Eli Mencer hit Pickett high and forced a fumble.

“I think I might have to retire that move,” Pickett said.

With a four-touchdown lead and Penn State visiting next week, Narduzzi had warned Pickett not to take unnecessary hits. No wonder Pickett avoided Narduzzi, walking away and pretending not to hear him screaming about not knowing the difference between up and down.

When Pickett threw the interception on a tipped pass, Narduzzi decided he didn’t want his quarterback to dwell on a negative play all week. So he put Pickett back into the game, only to see his slide to end a 12-yard run cause a hush to fall over Heinz Field when Pickett grabbed his leg.

Turns out, his right calf locked up with a cramp.

Pickett returned to finish 16 of 22 for 154 yards, adding 42 yards rushing on six carries. His second half was nowhere near as impressive as his first, let alone perfect. But that’s the promising part, as Pickett showed signs there is room for improvement.

“I don’t know if Kenny was as sharp as I’ve seen him,” Narduzzi said. “I think he was about 75 percent. I thought he played OK. I’ve seen him play a lot better. I’ve seen him be more accurate. It’s been a long time since he’s played and he hasn’t played a lot of football so I expect to see a sharper Kenny next week.”

Pickett proved that he doesn’t have to be Kenny Perfect for Pitt. But he also showed in the second half he has to be better than Kenny OK for the Panthers to beat Penn State, which needed overtime to avoid an upset against Appalachian State.

Pitt will follow Pickett in his pursuit of perfection, knowing it can still find excellence if he falls short of living up to his new nickname.
Oh, look....captain cut-and-paste is back.
Jerot.....do you have any original thoughts of your own?

Is there anyone with more astute observations than this guy? Pitt beats Albany and look out. VT goes into Tallahassee and destroys Fla St...they stink

Dokish does have some interesting thoughts on the Pitt OL .
Windsor should have no problems-

Last season's offensive line was mostly above average, even after losing all-conference players Adam Bisnowaty and Dorian Johnson the year before. And now with early NFL entrant Brian O'Neill, and long time veteran Alex Officer, moving on, every lineman from the very good offensive line of two years ago is now gone, except 6'6" 315 pound redshirt senior Alex Bookser, who will return to start at guard. Bookser missed the beginning of last season because of a suspension, but he needs to be on the field and have a good year for the offensive line to also have a good year. Physically, he's capable of turning into an all-star player in his last go around.

At the tackle position, there will be two new starters, and both will also probably be players that are new to the team. At left tackle, the starter will be 6'5" 305 pound redshirt senior Stefano Millin, a graduate transfer from Kent State, unless something very unexpected happens. He's coming from a poor team, but he has the potential to be drafted in the NFL with a good year. At the very least, he should be serviceable. At right tackle, the favorite to start will be 6'5" 310 pound redshirt junior Chase Brown, a junior college transfer that is strong and has quick feet. If he makes the transition to full-time starter, the tackle position should at least be solid.

Opposite Bookser at guard could be one of many different possibilities. The candidates include 6'4" 310 pound redshirt senior Mike Herndon, 6'4" 310 pound redshirt sophomore Bryce Hargrove, 6'6" 350 pound redshirt sophomore Justin Morgan, 6'5" 310 pound redshirt sophomore Brandon Ford, 6'6" 280 pound redshirt freshman Gabe Houy, and 6'5" 325 pound redshirt freshman Carter Warren.

Herndon is a veteran that has played at defensive tackle last year, too. He projects as an average starter, at best. Warren, who is naturally huge, and Houy, probably won't be ready to start this season. The best hopes may come from Hargrove, Ford, or Morgan, but Morgan has yet to play a game, and Hargrove and Ford have each played just one game. So, needless to say, this is a very questionable area until at least one of them shows they are capable of being a quality starter.

Warren and Houy could also play at tackle, but the main reserve there should be 6'5" 315 pound redshirt freshman Jerry Drake, who the staff thought was capable of playing last year if he had to. With Millin and Brown brought in to start at tackle this will give Drake another year to develop so that he could take over as a starter two years from now. Also in reserve at tackle is 6'5" 320 pound redshirt junior Tony Pilato, who has mostly played on special teams at this point in his career.

At center, returning starter Jimmy Morrissey is a former walk-on that got a scholarship last season. At 6'3" and 300 pounds, Morrissey has the size, and he has the leadership despite his youth. He was only average as a starter last season, but there's hope that he'll improve next season and beyond. He'll be backed up by 6'3" 315 pond redshirt senior Connor Dintino, who lost out to Morrissey as a starter before the season started last year, and 6'3" 280 pound redshirt freshman Owen Drexel, who is a tough tactician.

Two locals- Jake Kradel and Blake Zubovic- will redshirt, but both could be future starters. Kradel is listed at 6'3" and 280 pounds, which may force him even more inside, to center, and Zubovic is already a solidly built 6'4 1/2" and 310 pounds. The staff sees him as someone that could also end up at tackle.

Right now, this is a very questionable unit because there will be three new starters, and two of them were not on the team last year. This group could really go either way. I think they will at least be solid, but if they can become good or even really good, that's anybody's guess (really good may be a stretch).

What makes this unit even more mysterious is that there will be a new offensive line coach in Dave Borberly, who has been a major college offensive line coach since 1986. His vast experience can only help develop all of the rawness before him. Like someone that comes in as somebody is putting together a puzzle, a new set of eyes can see things that others could no longer see. And Borberly with his experience should be able to get things out of a few players that others could not.

Pitt had 105 yards of offense in the 2nd half

And yet, we have people here who are beyond scared.

I have every confidence that App State would soundly defeat Pitt, based on the speed differences between those teams alone.

I hope the spread comes down to reflect the fear I see here. It will be like taking candy from a baby.

Pickett lit a high school team up for 155 yards...wowee wow wow.

You forgot, "we've won two of the last three games"
Give them some credit. From 2000 thru 2016 they were undefeated against Penn State. Sure, we only played twice during that time but the Pittsters would lead you to believe they had a 17 game winning streak.

As an aside, we've never beaten Yale and every game has been a shutout. Also every game has been in New Haven. It really pisses me off.

Psst....we play them next year :)
They remind me of the guy at the reunion who is still talking about his "big game" after 30 years. He hasn't done anything of note since. PSU measures its football success in finishing ranked in the nation and getting invited to a top tier bowl game.
Pitt is relegated itself to trying to beat PSU and an occasional upset.
I want to win this one. But, I want to win every game. Pitt isn't relevant. The ACC coastal is arguably the weakest division in a P5 conference. It isn't likely they'll win it either.

They remind me of the guy at the reunion who is still talking about his "big game" after 30 years. He hasn't done anything of note since. PSU measures its football success in finishing ranked in the nation and getting invited to a top tier bowl game.
Pitt is relegated itself to trying to beat PSU and an occasional upset.
I want to win this one. But, I want to win every game. Pitt isn't relevant. The ACC coastal is arguably the weakest division in a P5 conference. It isn't likely they'll win it either.

Pitt is Al Bundy without 3 of the 4 touchdowns.

VT goes into Tallahassee and destroys Fla St...they stink

I know it's so early in the season, but I might actually agree with the slob this time. The ACC, outside of one team, is absolute garbage. Between Francois and Rosier, that's some of the worst QB play I've ever witnessed. Duke might very well be the best team in the Coastal. I'm also convinced BC might be the second best team in the entire conference.

Pitt fans truly are a special kind of special. The koolaid they are drinking is some of the most powerful I have seen. It’s amazing what a win over Albany will do while scoring zero second half points. Its going to be a joy watching reality hit that fanbase at 11pm Saturday

That’s in poor taste, but look up that remark by the Jimmy Buffet Parrot Head idiot. He’s suggesting that PITT cheap shot Trace and knock him out of the game.

That’s in poor taste, but look up that remark by the Jimmy Buffet Parrot Head idiot. He’s suggesting that PITT cheap shot Trace and knock him out of the game.
Parrot Head's Sig...

"save a horse ride a cowboy"
Signed: Mrs Buffett
Go CSU Rams & PITT Panthers

She must be a real hoot on the open range, :eek:

Last edited:
Pitt fans say it must be a rivalry if Franklin chooses Sanders and Wade to speak to the media.....or maybe they are from Pittsburgh

Dumbest fanbase in the country
There's a moron thread on the Rutgers board too. Ped State insults and calling everyone pedophiles. Who knew beating these two groups in football would leave such complete and utter losers as human beings in our wake.

Some interesting tidbits from the Pitt - Albany game.
Damar Hamlin was special, as was Damarri Mathis . Also -

The Panthers’ starting offensive line included at left tackle Stefano Millin, making his Pitt debut following a graduate transfer from Kent State; redshirt freshman right tackle Gabe Houy, playing in his first collegiate game; and senior left guard Connor Dintino, who made his first career offensive line start. (Dintino has two starting assignments for his career as he opened at fullback against Villanova in 2016.) Senior right guard Mike Herndon made just his second career start.
• Sophomore Kenny Pickett, making his second career start, finished the first half 13 of 13 for 129 yards and two touchdowns. His first incompletion came on his initial attempt of the second half when he threw the ball away under pressure. Pickett finished 16-of-22 passing for 154 yards with two TDs and one INT. He additionally rushed for 42 yards on six carries and a score.
• Senior receiver Rafael Araujo-Lopes had the first multiple-TD reception game of his career (with two). His scoring catches covered 3 and 42 yards. (The latter marked the longest reception of his career.)
• Pitt finished with 238 rushing yards and two TDs on 37 attempts. The Panthers are 13-3 under Pat Narduzzi when rushing for at least 200 yards.
DEFENSE
• The Panthers’ starting defense included senior middle linebacker Quintin Wirginis and sophomore cornerback Damarri Mathis. It was the first career start for both players. Wirginis made his return to active duty after missing the entire 2017 season due to injury.
• Junior safety Damar Hamlin halted Albany’s first drive with an interception at the Pitt 2, returning it 79 yards. It marked the second INT of his collegiate career. The 79-yard INT return marked Pitt’s longest since October 16, 2010, when Ricky Gary had an 80-yard return for a score at Syracuse.
• Sophomore Damarri Mathis ended Albany’s opening drive of the second half with an interception in the end zone. The INT was the first of his collegiate career.
• Pitt compiled five sacks, led by sophomore defensive tackle Keyshon Camp’s two sacks. It marked Pitt’s highest sack total since recording five against Duke on Nov. 19, 2016. The Panthers are 11-3 under Pat Narduzzi when they record at least four sacks.
SPECIAL TEAMS
• Junior Maurice Ffrench returned the game’s opening kickoff for a 91-yard touchdown, the first kick return score of his collegiate career. It marked Pitt’s first game-opening kickoff return TD since Dec. 28, 2015, when Quadree Henderson had a 100-yard return against Navy in the Military Bowl.

cut-paste-2.jpeg

There's a moron thread on the Rutgers board too. Ped State insults and calling everyone pedophiles. Who knew beating these two groups in football would leave such complete and utter losers as human beings in our wake.
We're playing Pitt. So much chatter because of that. Pitt is the perfect example of " little brother " syndrome. Rutgers on the other hand has absolutely nothing to be pissed about. They are not relevant to PSU . They are not relevant in the college football world. 90% of the country thinks Rutgers is FCS.

Kenny is just getting warmed up!

In only his second start for Pitt, Pickett picked apart Albany by completing 13 of 13 passes for 129 yards and a touchdown and running for another score on the way to a 33-7 victory Saturday at Heinz Field.

The nickname might have been an accident, but Pickett’s near-perfect first half wasn’t. Maurice Ffrench spotted Pitt a 7-0 lead by returning the opening kickoff for a touchdown, and safety Damar Hamlin returned an interception 79 yards to the Albany 19 before Pickett ever took the field.

Pickett scored on a 5-yard run for a 13-0 lead, then completed five passes to four receivers on a nine-play, 75-yard scoring drive to make it 19-0 at 4:42 of the first quarter.

An admitted perfectionist who said offensive coordinator Shawn Watson demands precision, Pickett threw touchdown passes of 3 and 42 yards to Rafael Araujo-Lopes in the second quarter for a 26-point halftime lead.

“Since I’ve been young, you chase perfection and you find excellence,” Pickett said. “That’s something I want to continue as my career moves on, really, just being as efficient of a quarterback as I can be.”

The Panthers professed they had no idea Pickett was perfect through the first two quarters. To be fair, he did have a failed 2-point conversion pass that didn’t count toward his passing totals and another incomplete throw negated by an Albany illegal substitution penalty.

“He’s so far ahead for how old he is, you wouldn’t even know that he’s a true sophomore quarterback out there with only, what, two starts now,” Pitt senior running back Qadree Ollison said.

“You wouldn’t even know it if you walked into the stadium and watched the game. You would think this kid has started in 20-plus games. He does a tremendous job leading the offense and running the whole show. At the same time, you still know that he’s only a sophomore, that he’s an 18-, 19-year-old kid. You don’t expect him to be perfect.”

So it shouldn’t be a surprise that Pickett’s pursuit of perfection had the second-half hiccups that Narduzzi anticipated when he made the Kenny Perfect comment.

As poised as Pickett appeared in his leading Pitt to an upset of No. 2 Miami in his first college start and as perfect as his passing was in his first start in a season opener, his second-half had hiccups: a fumble, an interception and a first-ever slide that sent a shiver through the stadium.

No wonder Narduzzi quipped, “I didn’t know he was 13 of 13, but he could be a lot better.”

For one, Pickett learned he can’t run over linebackers. On a third-and-10 at the Albany 37, he tried to leap over Bethel Park graduate Levi Metheny when Eli Mencer hit Pickett high and forced a fumble.

“I think I might have to retire that move,” Pickett said.

With a four-touchdown lead and Penn State visiting next week, Narduzzi had warned Pickett not to take unnecessary hits. No wonder Pickett avoided Narduzzi, walking away and pretending not to hear him screaming about not knowing the difference between up and down.

When Pickett threw the interception on a tipped pass, Narduzzi decided he didn’t want his quarterback to dwell on a negative play all week. So he put Pickett back into the game, only to see his slide to end a 12-yard run cause a hush to fall over Heinz Field when Pickett grabbed his leg.

Turns out, his right calf locked up with a cramp.

Pickett returned to finish 16 of 22 for 154 yards, adding 42 yards rushing on six carries. His second half was nowhere near as impressive as his first, let alone perfect. But that’s the promising part, as Pickett showed signs there is room for improvement.

“I don’t know if Kenny was as sharp as I’ve seen him,” Narduzzi said. “I think he was about 75 percent. I thought he played OK. I’ve seen him play a lot better. I’ve seen him be more accurate. It’s been a long time since he’s played and he hasn’t played a lot of football so I expect to see a sharper Kenny next week.”

Pickett proved that he doesn’t have to be Kenny Perfect for Pitt. But he also showed in the second half he has to be better than Kenny OK for the Panthers to beat Penn State, which needed overtime to avoid an upset against Appalachian State.

Pitt will follow Pickett in his pursuit of perfection, knowing it can still find excellence if he falls short of living up to his new nickname.
Dude, I warned you before about posting all this crap. Knock it off.

Dude, I warned you before about posting all this crap. Knock it off.

It’s amazing he is still here. I have no issues with Pitt fans coming here and offering opinions even if they are delusional. In fact, I love the laughs it provides. This guy is just a moron with an inability to think for himself

It’s amazing he is still here. I have no issues with Pitt fans coming here and offering opinions even if they are delusional. In fact, I love the laughs it provides. This guy is just a moron with an inability to think for himself

Meanwhile on their board you get banned with no warning even when you are being respectful. Given that he has been warned and has not heeded the warning, that warrants a banning IMO.

I ignored the Pitt troll and yet my browsing experience is continually disrupted by others talking about it. This is exactly what the Pitt troll wants.

"Let's hope its a mud bowl and that celebrated Nitter OL ( who couldn't handle Hole in The Wall State last week) will be sliding around like a bunch of big hogs in a pig pen."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT