ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

Most fan bases fall victim to this, but I love the whole “we didn’t want him anyway” deal with Pitt fans and Lamont Wade.. These are the same people who constantly tweeted at him during his recruitment

Reactions: JJTopp99
A reminder about posting while drunk...

"I think we match up well here. Iknow NcSoerley is a Heismann candidate butbI think Kenny will best him on th field tonight. Pickett just seems li a winner to me. Abd, I think Kenny is much stronger physically than McSorley. Let's Go Pitt!!!!!"

"I think we match up well here. Iknow NcSoerley is a Heismann candidate butbI think Kenny will best him on th field tonight. Pickett just seems li a winner to me. Abd, I think Kenny is much stronger physically than McSorley. Let's Go Pitt!!!!!"
Saw this earlier over there. One thing you can count on, Sean Miller, Pitt Chains, Parrothead, Stache, and Steel Curtain have never a clue what they're talking about. Dumbest board in all of Rivals. Steel Curtain couldn't predict an earthquake if he was falling into the crater. Oh, and everyone is overrated and plays a lousy schedule. Never seen a whiner bunch of saps in my life.

Saw this earlier over there. One thing you can count on, Sean Miller, Pitt Chains, Parrothead, Stache, and Steel Curtain have never a clue what they're talking about. Dumbest board in all of Rivals. Steel Curtain couldn't predict an earthquake if he was falling into the crater. Oh, and everyone is overrated and plays a lousy schedule. Never seen a whiner bunch of saps in my life.
When anyone with a different opinion is immediately banned, and reasonable posters are ridiculed you are left only with fools.

Just as an aside. Presently there are at least 4 threads on the LAIR consisting of almost 100 responses debataing uniforms and color combinations. It’s like their attending a Paris fashion show. I’m genuinely thankful that we never have that problem. I’ll take plain vanilla and a win any day.

Reactions: odshowtime
They're banning pretty much anyone over there. I got banned and was a paying member. Never broke a single board rule, so Peak can go screw himself. Personally, I try not to ban anyone. I don't care about a different opinion, just don't bring up nasty stuff or take over a thread. Pretty simple. Yet some still cannot help themselves.

Reactions: step.eng69
They're banning pretty much anyone over there. I got banned and was a paying member. Never broke a single board rule, so Peak can go screw himself. Personally, I try not to ban anyone. I don't care about a different opinion, just don't bring up nasty stuff or take over a thread. Pretty simple. Yet some still cannot help themselves.

I was banned too as a paying objective fan of pitt football. If you speak objectively about Pitt, you are apparently a nitter and deserve banned. I’ve asked Peak to provide which rule I broke and he doesn’t reply. I’m not sure how he gets away with it

Reactions: Hotshoe
I was banned too as a paying objective fan of pitt football. If you speak objectively about Pitt, you are apparently a nitter and deserve banned. I’ve asked Peak to provide which rule I broke and he doesn’t reply. I’m not sure how he gets away with it
I talked to Rivals, finally. Not the first time for him. They emailed me to renew the other day, thanks, but no thanks I replied.

Reactions: denniskembala
For old timers like me, here is my boxing analogy of Pitt Football vs Penn State Football: George Chuvalo vs Muhammad Ali. Chuvalo, the long time Canadian Champ only saw the limelight when he was used as a stepping stone for the likes of Floyd Patterson, Ali, Frazier, Ernie Terrell etc. He was a dangerous puncher, who for that reason demanded respect.
He is largely unknown, and faded into the archives of boxing history. Alas, his only real "paydays" came from fighting the above champions. Sorta like Pitt living off upsets of Clemson and Miami Not much else to hang their hats on since 1980. Should fortunes turn on PSU tonight......Pitt will quickly fade into the back round of college football as they did after their upsets of Clemson and Miami. They need to be reminded that they were the favorite vs. PSU in 2016.

Reactions: m48tank
I talked to Rivals, finally. Not the first time for him. They emailed me to renew the other day, thanks, but no thanks I replied.

I completely get it if there is obvious trolling or provoking but providing an opinion is not ban worthy

He had the nerve to mention on his podcast Friday that most pitt fans are banned on this board

It’s always cute when your little brother tries to copy you
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: odshowtime

Not only is Kenny PickSix better than Trace, but now he is apparently better than WVU's Will Grier.....

You'd think that Rivals would rein Peak in. When his own personal demons are affecting the business bottom line, that's a problem. If Rivals were a stock, based on the way they let him run wild, I'd never buy it.

With the whole Verizon/Yahoo thing under heavily increased scrutiny, you'd think that every dollar counts.

Reactions: ELDADDY and Hotshoe
I completely get it if there is obvious trolling or provoking but providing an opinion is not ban worthy

He had the nerve to mention on his podcast Friday that most pitt fans are banned on this board
I'll be blunt. He's a moron. I'm very lenient here as long as folks keep it to football. Those folks are never banned here. Football banter is great, it's just the ped crap that isn't tolerated. I've said this for years, Rivals should step up and not allow such nonsense. Peak doesn't give a damn what is said, thus why that board has gotten far worse. Its laughable.

I'll be blunt. He's a moron. I'm very lenient here as long as folks keep it to football. Those folks are never banned here. Football banter is great, it's just the ped crap that isn't tolerated. I've said this for years, Rivals should step up and not allow such nonsense. Peak doesn't give a damn what is said, thus why that board has gotten far worse. Its laughable.
They actually allowed a conversation to continue that centered on PSU having unlimited $ to buy off the referees tonight!

They actually allowed a conversation to continue that centered on PSU having unlimited $ to buy off the referees tonight!
I saw that. Like I said, I've never seen a whiner fan base. They are the only ones that don't cheat, do everything right, have that hardest schedule, etc, etc. They're so FOS it's unbelievable. And dumb as well. Like actually ignorant of football. Any comparison to Trace is a joke. JoMo ducked, no we're nothing without him. Barkley suck, again, nothing without him. Sanders ducks, didn't want him, can't run between the tackles. Trace sucks, will get killed, no arm, 50/50 is all he is. Franklin sucks, Duzz is so much better. Duzz is gone with another bad year. They are morons.

Now they’re saying they’re not worried about the Albany game because PSU barely beat a D2 team. If App State is D2, what’s that make Albany?

Just wondering, what is the backstory for the Nitter nickname they love so much? It can't be what I think it is, right?

You'd think that Rivals would rein Peak in. When his own personal demons are affecting the business bottom line, that's a problem. If Rivals were a stock, based on the way they let him run wild, I'd never buy it.

With the whole Verizon/Yahoo thing under heavily increased scrutiny, you'd think that every dollar counts.
No, their board members are literally calling him brave for even being on a Pitt board. SMDH.

Reactions: step.eng69
steel_curtainSenior
-Big Ten West is absolute garbage. Finish these clowns.... Wisconsin is a 30+ point favorite in 6+ games playing a joke schedule once again against cream puffs and complete nobodies.

I can only hope Wisconsin plays Bama, Ill take Bama by 40+ over anyone in this sorry ass clown
division as Bama would clown rape Wisconsin or anyone in the Big Ten West

This guy likes rape, apparently.

steel_curtainSenior
-Big Ten West is absolute garbage. Finish these clowns.... Wisconsin is a 30+ point favorite in 6+ games playing a joke schedule once again against cream puffs and complete nobodies.

I can only hope Wisconsin plays Bama, Ill take Bama by 40+ over anyone in this sorry ass clown
division as Bama would clown rape Wisconsin or anyone in the Big Ten West

This guy likes rape, apparently.

Here's a gem from Shadyside241 on the Lair:

Hearing the press conference, I assume that CPN is talking about next year's game. But thinking about it, could be rematch in Bowl season. UPS loses at least four (Mich, MSU, OSU and Wisc). Maybe one more. Pitt loses no more than 2-3 as the team regroups this week. If they play as they did in the first half against UPS, and clean up the mistakes, this is an 8-9 win team. Good enough for the Pinstripe. The rematch would be huge .

Peak is one of the biggest clowns I've ever seen in media. It sucks his livelihood is depending on Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT