ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

Pitt Chains is actually one the guys who works the chains at their home games.

I'm glad he had such a close up view in the rain of 51-6. Pitt tickets aren't that expensive, I'm surprised he needs to work the game to get in.

Their latest brainstorm discussion is the brilliance of downgrading the schedule to play only cupcakes non conference. This according to Lair Logic will guarantee winning seasons, increase attendance and upgrade recruiting. I guess the master plan is to leave the ACC, join the Patriot League and hope for a 64 team National Playoff.

Their latest brainstorm discussion is the brilliance of downgrading the schedule to play only cupcakes non conference. This according to Lair Logic will guarantee winning seasons, increase attendance and upgrade recruiting. I guess the master plan is to leave the ACC, join the Patriot League and hope for a 64 team National Playoff.
I really want to tell them the secret is winning with a balanced schedule, but it would fall on deaf ears. Of course, they can't seem to beat the crap teams on their schedule, so...?

This really happened

2mwbkb5.jpg

Add this here as well. Bill Connelly crushes them in his Pitt preview.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...anthers-football-2019-preview-schedule-roster

Per S&P+, Pitt has actually regressed in three of its four seasons under Narduzzi. The 2016 team took a decent step to 23rd overall, but the Panthers fell to 47th and 61st in the next two seasons. They were 4-7 when Miami came to town in 2017, and 2018 comes with a “Well, somebody had to win this horrid division” asterisk.

Pitt continues to rack up achievements while watching its foundation crumble. Four years in, I can’t even give a decent answer to the question, “Is Narduzzi doing a good job?” I can’t really tell what is in store.

In 2019, the Panthers return Pickett for a second full season of starting and bring back just about every wide receiver, too. Their secondary is loaded with experience as well.

They also lose just about all of their best players. Running backs Qadree Ollison and Darrin Hallcombined for 2,357 yards and 21 touchdowns. They’re gone, as are four starters on the offensive line, two of last year’s top three defensive linemen, and three of last year’s top four linebackers.

So the strengths get weaker, the weaknesses get stronger, and the Panthers become even blurrier than normal.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...anthers-football-2019-preview-schedule-roster

Per S&P+, Pitt has actually regressed in three of its four seasons under Narduzzi. The 2016 team took a decent step to 23rd overall, but the Panthers fell to 47th and 61st in the next two seasons. They were 4-7 when Miami came to town in 2017, and 2018 comes with a “Well, somebody had to win this horrid division” asterisk.

Pitt continues to rack up achievements while watching its foundation crumble. Four years in, I can’t even give a decent answer to the question, “Is Narduzzi doing a good job?” I can’t really tell what is in store.

In 2019, the Panthers return Pickett for a second full season of starting and bring back just about every wide receiver, too. Their secondary is loaded with experience as well.

They also lose just about all of their best players. Running backs Qadree Ollison and Darrin Hallcombined for 2,357 yards and 21 touchdowns. They’re gone, as are four starters on the offensive line, two of last year’s top three defensive linemen, and three of last year’s top four linebackers.

So the strengths get weaker, the weaknesses get stronger, and the Panthers become even blurrier than normal.

One constant: EMPTY yellow seats

I'm really getting tired of pitt's overall existence. Just sitting there in Oakland, sucking ass and making noise all the time.

In some respects, I almost have to give Pitt some credit. If you looked at who their contributors turn out to be, when they are freshman they look like mostly D-2 players. If you projected certain players as being team leaders, you'd assume that the result would be winless seasons. They at least manage to avoid that. Winning the ACC Coastal is probably easier than winning the WPIAL 6A Quad County, but most wouldn't expect even that given how terrible their recruiting is.

In spite of their ineptitude, they manage to survive and remain solidly mediocre.

6 wins may be optimistic. Their offense will be putrid. Their D will be average. They are shocked At the Ohio percentage. I think Ohio will win that game

I was just reading the Syracuse board — don’t ask why, I just was. Anyway, I’ve got to say that if you think Pitt hates us, Syracuse is worse and even more behind the times in its attitude toward PSU than Pitt is.

Just for instance, they have this irrational hatred of Trace McSorley. Say what? Syracuse never played against Trace McSorley. Trace McSorley never said anything about or did anything to Syracuse. Never rushed for one yard or threw for one TD against Syracuse. Just stupid.

And Syracuse hardly plays Penn State in anything anymore.....

You know, I had a friend in high school (Pennsylvania) who went to Syracuse.

Lost track of her for years, but got back in contact in 1983. She had her degree from Syracuse. When I told her I went to Penn State, she, who previously had zero ties to New York State, all of sudden had this look down her nose attitude toward PSU. Say what?

After graduating from PSU, I had this phone conversation with Joe DelPoppolo, a Syracuse guy who put out this football magazine. He never rated PSU very highly. Same thing. He just looked down his nose at Penn State and Joe Paterno.

I really think if you go back to the 70s and 80s, after Pitt got good again for a while with Dorsett and them, Syracuse was absolutely seething with jealousy, and drove a wedge between PSU and Pitt concerning the potential of an all-sports Eastern conference. Got Pitt in the Big East; made Pitt good in basketball, in fact. (They hardly ever were before.)

Disjointed rant over. I’ll stop here...

You mean like Bama?

I was just reading the Syracuse board — don’t ask why, I just was. Anyway, I’ve got to say that if you think Pitt hates us, Syracuse is worse and even more behind the times in its attitude toward PSU than Pitt is.

Just for instance, they have this irrational hatred of Trace McSorley. Say what? Syracuse never played against Trace McSorley. Trace McSorley never said anything about or did anything to Syracuse. Never rushed for one yard or threw for one TD against Syracuse. Just stupid.

And Syracuse hardly plays Penn State in anything anymore.....

You know, I had a friend in high school (Pennsylvania) who went to Syracuse.

Lost track of her for years, but got back in contact in 1983. She had her degree from Syracuse. When I told her I went to Penn State, she, who previously had zero ties to New York State, all of sudden had this look down her nose attitude toward PSU. Say what?

After graduating from PSU, I had this phone conversation with Joe DelPoppolo, a Syracuse guy who put out this football magazine. He never rated PSU very highly. Same thing. He just looked down his nose at Penn State and Joe Paterno.

I really think if you go back to the 70s and 80s, after Pitt got good again for a while with Dorsett and them, Syracuse was absolutely seething with jealousy, and drove a wedge between PSU and Pitt concerning the potential of an all-sports Eastern conference. Got Pitt in the Big East; made Pitt good in basketball, in fact. (They hardly ever were before.)

Disjointed rant over. I’ll stop here...

It's just jealousy. I've run across Temple grads here around Philly who despise Penn State. I'm always a little baffled. You can't worry about it.

"They are unanimous in their hate for me--and I welcome their hatred. "
- FDR

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT