ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Lehigh Match Thread

My reaction was mixed. A combination of holy s$#@, this kid looks more like Nolf Jr. Every week, matrix part 2, and Gasp OMG can a knee bend like that? My knee popped just watching it.

RBY = must watch TV.

I still think he is unproven and a bit too young to hang with any of the top 4 in that weight. Too bad he missed out on Parker today. I will be more than happy with an AA, and delighted if proven to be too much of a pessimist come March.
Tariq Wilson is 4 and Pletcher is 5. RBY can more than hang with those guys

tumblr_static_logo.png
We too lo

I hate to beat on kids, but that was a terrible effort by Lehigh. No takedowns and not many more than 0 shots.

I expected a better effort even with guys out of the lineup.

Reactions: chrisrn1965
In response to Still In state

I respectfully disagree. Most of their guys were outmatched. . The only one I’d agree with you with is Kutler, as he did NoTHING to try to win.

Their kids..
125..3rd stringer? Wrestled as hard as he could
133..I thought Patzell wrestled hard RBY to fast
141..ok..he did nothing
149..close match
157..thought the kid wrestled super hard
165..4th stringer? Almost threw Cenzo to start match
174..Kutler came to lose close
184..kept Shak to major
197..Bo outmatched a tough kid
285..Cassar outmatched a tough kid

Bottom line. I think when our guys are firing on all cylinders like they did tonight they gonna make a lot of teams look bad

It would have been (will be) interesting to see Shakur against Preisch, who has beaten him twice at lower weights.

Reactions: diggerpup
Had to meet a client halfway through the dual today so just catching up now.

Verk looked solid.

Nolf seems to really want to savor his time on the mat. I think he may have given that TRFR he wrestled the impression that he was in that match more than he actually was. Seemed like he could've gotten that pin earlier if he wanted it.

Enjoyed the beginning of Cenzo match where Trey Cornish (noticeably not starter Cole Walter), after almost getting the better part of an attempted throw near the edge, walked back to the center totally feeling like this was his day.

Thought Hall's high-crotch was a thing of beauty. If a guy like Kutler doesn't want to wrestle Hall did about about as good as you can do.

Shak occasionally going seven minutes is a good thing, because his best competition isn't going to give him that cradle. His opponent today, his only goal seemed to be to not give up that cradle, which is really self-defeating if you want to give yourself a chance to win.

125 - love that Schnupp is staying aggressive late in matches. He might approach a .500 wrestler season long of he keeps it up. That said Teske come January please!
133 - next year RBY is going to be my Nolfless anti depressant. Wow is he talented.
141 - 2 points short of an A+ but a strong A is pretty damned great.
149 - I am not a fan of close ones vs unranked kids. He was in control but anything can happen late. Maybe it's me but I think Berge wins that one easily. I am feeling Verk is a R16 guy and Berge a low AA candidate.
157 - I saw a talented aggressive 4-time state champ just de-redshirted 6-0 on the year kid coming in saying 'I have a chance'. He was strong, athletic, aggressive.... then he meet the top wrestler in the nation and future Hodge winner. I do think Lehigh has a keeper here, but he was painfully introduced to the gap between great and GOAT.
165 - welcome back Cenzo. One year older and our new bonus machine!
174 - Marky in total control the whole time nice workman like victory, but I still think he could major guys like this every day if he were to open it up.
184 - so no cradle no pin, but he can really work guys from the top and he is great from neutral. Can't wait to guage where he is vs MiMar.
197 - Bo is looking thicker and stronger with each match. Noone else at this weight has his level of skill. Fewer pins expected, but noone is stopping the Bo train.
285 - Holy crap is Cassar good. With each match it's looking more and more like it's going to come down to AC and the young phenom punk. Stoll can't hang with this level of strength, speed and athleticism.

Last edited:
No doubt about what was said...but why?
As Hall was running off the mat you can hear Casey yelling "everytime we get in position you break em". Id assume it has to do with something similar being yelled during the match.

Last edited:
Two before today, 1993 and 2008.

Here's 2008:
125 Mark McKnight Berger WMD 14-5
133 Mike Eagen Vinh W 4-3
141 Jake Strayer Santo W 8-6
149 Bubba Jenkins Chinn W 5-4
157 Dan Vallimont Nakasone W 11-4
165 Dave Rella Galante WOT 10-5
174 Dave Erwin Caruso, A. WOT 5-3
184 Phil Bomberger Craig, D. W 9-6
197 Phil Davis Iacocca WTF 19-2
285 John Laboranti Allen W 12-7

Well, either JB was wrong or I misheard, I would place my money on me mishearing! Sorry guys....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT