ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Ohio State B1G Tourney BB Game Thread

If RPI wasn't such a retarded measurement or if PSU scheduled smarter this is a tournament team.

Any word on Watkins injury? I bet they get in if Watkins comes back.

I'm sure I won't be disappointed in future links in this thread to OSU board reactions based on how they were in our other games with them. Such miserable people, I can't wait to taste their tears.

Reactions: Bertway0
3 wins against a team as talented and strong as OSU should be a lock, but we'll see.

Can you believe PSU BB beat the BUGeyes 3 time this year????

Please take this opportunity to remember that Penn State is a basketball school.

:D

giphy.gif

WOW!! At 56 I'm running around the house yelling "they did it, they did it"!!!

Then settled to listen to B1G rundown.

Ouch, one announcer just beat up on Diop. Said he was soft when Garner stole the ball. I thought he beat the kid up pretty much.

OL

Just to throw a little gas on the flames, I just rewatched that last play three times and no way should they have added time back onto the clock. It didn’t matter, but it was the wrong call.
Huh? I just looked and it was either 3.2 or 3.1.

Rewatched the last basket. It was clearly over 3 seconds...probably 3.2...but, like was said, it doesn't matter now

TONY CARR

Carr is the best player to wear a Penn State basketball uniform in a long, long time. Probably since Crispin in 2001. I think he's better than Battle. For him to make the pass on the last play shows a lot about what type of basketball smarts he has

1 more win...if it is over Purdue...may get us in. If we beat Rutgers I think we have to win the B1G as the 7th place team in the B1G...especially since the 4th place team is far from a lock and they beat us less than a week ago

A matchup with Purdue will spell doom. They have two bigs who can play. Tough to outrebound that team like they did tonight.

Andy Katz made a good case for PSU to be deserving of an NCAA bid post game.
He can make any case he wants...it isn't happening with this resume.

With a win over Purdue, maybe goes up to 25% chance (and that's probably optimistic). I think recency bias is creeping in (as it does for talking heads every March).

A matchup with Purdue will spell doom. They have two bigs who can play. Tough to outrebound that team like they did tonight.
Good news is they are both soft. Crazy as it sounds, I go small and make them match up with us.

WOW!! At 56 I'm running around the house yelling "they did it, they did it"!!!

Then settled to listen to B1G rundown.

Ouch, one announcer just beat up on Diop. Said he was soft when Garner stole the ball. I thought he beat the kid up pretty much.

OL
Diop is a baller hands down!

image.jpg

How can you say 3.1 is wrong? This is after its thru...
That clock and the clock on the lower right hand were different. I just don’t usually see them go back to that precise time when the ball goes through the cylinder.

I know it doesn't matter who we root for, but I'm rooting for Rutgers for an easier path to the final. Get to the final and have a chance to win a championship in the Garden on Sunday. Guys kept their composure and withstood every run by Ohio State. That was a very impressive win. Hats off to Pat and the players for getting it done consecutive nights without Watkins.

That clock and the clock on the lower right hand were different. I just don’t usually see them go back to that precise time when the ball goes through the cylinder.
Panning out... And end of game, they always try to get it exact. Don't get how you could ever complain that they got it wrong.

image.jpg

He can make any case he wants...it isn't happening with this resume.

With a win over Purdue, maybe goes up to 25% chance (and that's probably optimistic). I think recency bias is creeping in (as it does for talking heads every March).
A win over PU makes us a LOCK, That gives us 12 conference wins, 4 quad 1 wins... it's an absolute lock. You are being very overly pessimistic.

Reactions: mcgunns and wbcincy
A win over PU makes us a LOCK, That gives us 12 conference wins, 4 quad 1 wins... it's an absolute lock. You are being very overly pessimistic.

Gives us an RPI of ~63 assuming best case (Purdue -> MSU). .500 conference team that did nothing at all out of conference. That resume is anything but a lock. Every March, analyst get excited about every win that every bubble team has around the country, but unfortunately we started from too far back to make us a "lock" with a win tomorrow. Though I'd love to be wrong and find out.

Gives us an RPI of ~63 assuming best case (Purdue -> MSU). .500 conference team that did nothing at all out of conference. That resume is anything but a lock. Every March, analyst get excited about every win that every bubble team has around the country, but unfortunately we started from too far back to make us a "lock" with a win tomorrow. Though I'd love to be wrong and find out.

Let’s just win it all, then we don’t have to worry.

I agree. I think we have a good shot against Purdue. If we lose, we may get left out in favor of some overrated teams with tradition on their side like Oklahoma (lost 10 of last 13!!) and Syracuse (7-10 in conference)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT