ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Ohio State B1G Tourney BB Game Thread

I agree. I think we have a good shot against Purdue. If we lose, we may get left out in favor of some overrated teams with tradition on their side like Oklahoma (lost 10 of last 13!!) and Syracuse (7-10 in conference)
Tradition means nothing when it comes to selection to the NCAA tourney. And they've emphasized several times over the last few years that games in November mean the same as games in March (though people still point to last 10 games, which is no longer on the team sheets). Oklahoma has a bunch of nice wins before their February skid. And Cuse probably isn't getting in.

Reactions: TheGLOV
6 unranked teams have beat a ranked team 3 times in the same season. All previous 6 made the big dance. We shall see
Before 2002, every 2,000 yard RB had won the Heisman. We do like to buck trends ;-). But, don't fall flat on our face against PU tomorrow, or lose to RU, and I think that we are in very good bubble position to get in... barring some uncertainties out there (in other conf tournaments)

Gives us an RPI of ~63 assuming best case (Purdue -> MSU). .500 conference team that did nothing at all out of conference. That resume is anything but a lock. Every March, analyst get excited about every win that every bubble team has around the country, but unfortunately we started from too far back to make us a "lock" with a win tomorrow. Though I'd love to be wrong and find out.
This year they are de-emphasizing RPI in favor of BPI, KenPom, and other advanced metrics. All of those metrics LOVE us. We have been a top 25 team in the BPI and KenPom at times recently

This year they are de-emphasizing RPI in favor of BPI, KenPom, and other advanced metrics. All of those metrics LOVE us. We have been a top 25 team in the BPI and KenPom at times recently
The 3 predictive based metrics love us. The 3 results based metrics hate us. It'll be an interesting case study, but I don't see how the word "lock" could be attached to our resume with a win tomorrow.

And if this was pre-taking a glance at other metrics, we'd have like a 5% chance. Those things are when I think bump it up to 25% with a win tomorrow. We still just don't have enough good wins to offset the "badish" losses.

The 3 predictive based metrics love us. The 3 results based metrics hate us. It'll be an interesting case study, but I don't see how the word "lock" could be attached to our resume with a win tomorrow.

And if this was pre-taking a glance at other metrics, we'd have like a 5% chance. Those things are when I think bump it up to 25% with a win tomorrow. We still just don't have enough good wins to offset the "badish" losses.
John Rothstein would disagree with you. But, maybe we will see (but, hopefully we just win the whole dang thing and can argue for eternity what would have happened).

John Rothstein would disagree with you. But, maybe we will see (but, hopefully we just win the whole dang thing and can argue for eternity what would have happened).

Just like Dickie V will have about 75 teams in the tourney by the end of next weekend. Every year, talking heads get carried away with each win in March.

Just like Dickie V will have about 75 teams in the tourney by the end of next weekend. Every year, talking heads get carried away with each win in March.

He is a c×c#s×cker ... not that this adds anything to the conversation but just wanted to say it

He is a c×c#s×cker ... not that this adds anything to the conversation but just wanted to say it
Met him once at the US Open (tennis). Obviously no cameras around, and he seemed like the exact same guy you see on TV. He couldn't have been nicer.

Think about the kids and those children Erial. Think about them!
And last week, poster after poster wanted to cancel the NCAA tournament this year. Unfortunately, a lot of people in our society have issues with making judgments of situations without all the facts (whether it be with a keyboard or a mic).

And last week, poster after poster wanted to cancel the NCAA tournament this year. Unfortunately, a lot of people in our society have issues with making judgments of situations without all the facts (whether it be with a keyboard or a mic).

I like to call those people c×c#s*ckers. And I met and worked with him multiple times on broadcasts when I was at Syracuse. He is a dick with a schtick

Top seeded Rider lost to 9th seeded St Peter's in the MAAC quarters. That can't help.

Reactions: bdgan
ESPiN is saying there was a fender bender with the team bus. The driver of the other car followed the team bus to MSG to confront the bus driver. Once at MSG, the bus driver got out and challenged the other driver. Can anyone decode ESPiN spin for me? Sorry in advance for viewing that site.

ESPiN is saying there was a fender bender with the team bus. The driver of the other car followed the team bus to MSG to confront the bus driver. Once at MSG, the bus driver got out and challenged the other driver. Can anyone decode ESPiN spin for me? Sorry in advance for viewing that site.

Well, at least we know where Gunsie was tonight.

Tony Carr talked post-game about an incident on the bus ride over to MSG, but I didn't hear details.

Here's an article about the incident.
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...tate-buckeyes-big-ten-tournament-bus-accident

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiTownLion

Such a predictable thread. They should win, are so much better, psu sucks. Then psu takes lousy shots but are just damn lucky and cant miss. Then the refs are for psu. Then various JS, pedo references which, once again, means psu just beat someone’s a$$.

My favorite is the comment that Pennsylvania sports fans are “a depraved, degenerate bunch”. Coming from an Ohio fan that’s hilarious. I guess we should take that as a complement. ;)

Why you bet against the public.

Such a predictable thread. They should win, are so much better, psu sucks. Then psu takes lousy shots but are just damn lucky and cant miss. Then the refs are for psu. Then various JS, pedo references which, once again, means psu just beat someone’s a$$.

My favorite is the comment that Pennsylvania sports fans are “a depraved, degenerate bunch”. Coming from an Ohio fan that’s hilarious. I guess we should take that as a complement. ;)
We beat them three times, but it was the refs that did it. At what point do you just realize that another team matches up better? And that one poster, ActionJackson or whatever, should not be allowed near a keyboard. Either his parents should take it away or his parole officer, whichever is appropriate.

Reactions: OhioLion and psu00
Two comments about the end of the game...

I thought Pat Chambers remarks to the courtside BTN reporter were extremely classy. He credited tOSU saying they were a good team and they were well coached. Remarked that it was a 1 point game so it was a battle (to the bitter end).

I thought that the post game rant against the tOSU player were uncalled for. The kid is a "player" who had a brain cramp and lost the ball - to another "player" who should have been getting credit vs. blaming the player who lost that individual battle.

Happy for the Nits.

Two comments about the end of the game...

I thought Pat Chambers remarks to the courtside BTN reporter were extremely classy. He credited tOSU saying they were a good team and they were well coached. Remarked that it was a 1 point game so it was a battle (to the bitter end).

I thought that the post game rant against the tOSU player were uncalled for. The kid is a "player" who had a brain cramp and lost the ball - to another "player" who should have been getting credit vs. blaming the player who lost that individual battle.

Happy for the Nits.

Who ranted against the Tosu player? One of the btn talking heads?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT