ADVERTISEMENT

PSU @ Ok State: Will it be televised? FS1? BTN?

Looks like NBCSN has since removed it from their listings since the Flo announcement.

There is nothing preventing a student telecast, if Oklahoma State has one, I believe.

the public never sees the details of the broadcast agreements, but it would surprise me if student telecasts are allowed for Ok. St. wrestling meets. Ok. St. entered into an agreement with Flo for the broadcasting rights of their home wrestling duals.

the public never sees the details of the broadcast agreements, but it would surprise me if student telecasts are allowed for Ok. St. wrestling meets. Ok. St. entered into an agreement with Flo for the broadcasting rights of their home wrestling duals.

Most likely it will be some combination of the 3 amigos. Smalls, Vais and bader.

Flo's recent tweet said the match will also be available via Roku and Apple TV. Anyone know how that works. My experience with Apple TV is that you access available channels through Apple TV (ESPN, A&E, Netflix, etc.) What channel will this be on?

Match of the year and no one other than flo can televise this! This is bullshit and this is how they got ride of boxing. They ruined this sport by going to pay- per- view only. Just a matter of time till the rid of wrestling also sucks!!

$20 for what is essentially 1 match of interest is a steep price for many fans.

Match of the year and no one other than flo can televise this! This is bullshit and this is how they got ride of boxing. They ruined this sport by going to pay- per- view only. Just a matter of time till the rid of wrestling also sucks!!
My personal opinion on this is PSU wrestling should have told the committee that the only way they would wrestle in this event is if PSU could stream it live to their fans for free!

$20/$30 for hit/miss coverage and no android support. One of the few matches I want to see, but no way. Twitter will have to suffice, or here pbp.

Edit:
FloPRO Subscription
$12.50/mo ($150.00 paid yearly) 37% SAVINGS
$20.00/mo

Last edited:
Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Mine says 30. You got connections obviously.
Would this be the first time you are signing up? I'm trying to get to the bottom of this. Earlier in the year I paid monthly for a few months. It was 20 bucks. Anyway, now when I sign on and try to reup, it doesn't even give me a second option. It only gives me the yearly fee. So really, I'm not seeing any monthly fee at all as an option. I admit though, technology is pretty much kicking my ass so there's that....

Will Byers be making the call on GoPsuSports??

Exactly. Hopefully a free listen. For NWCA to have these dual meet with only Flo having the #1 vs #2 match is crazy means essentially very few will watch. Cannot generate interest if nobody is going to watch it.

Exactly. Hopefully a free listen. For NWCA to have these dual meet with only Flo having the #1 vs #2 match is crazy means essentially very few will watch. Cannot generate interest if nobody is going to watch it.
I admit it is crazy but I'll shell out the 20 bucks. What I won't do is pay 30, especially if I find out FLO just jacked up the price because they have exclusive rights and it's the only way to view it. Also, does anyone know that if you pay monthly and cancel, then try to reup, do they take the monthly option away from you and you can only pay yearly?

Btw, I just checked. You will be able to listen to the match online at gospusports.

I admit it is crazy but I'll shell out the 20 bucks. What I won't do is pay 30, especially if I find out FLO just jacked up the price because they have exclusive rights and it's the only way to view it. Also, does anyone know that if you pay monthly and cancel, then try to reup, do they take the monthly option away from you and you can only pay yearly?
No, it's still there for me, and I did the same thing this season.

Maybe try another browser? Log out and log in again. Are you sure your subscription is over? Maybe it hasn't expired even if you canceled it it could have days remaining.

I can't give in. I've given them too much for the little they provide already. The coverage on this sport is awful given the era we are in. $20 for one dual, unless you are interested in Iowa vs Edinboro =P

Another option, is if you know your local sports bar owner, you can ask him or her if they will show it live at the bar? Maybe Champs here locally?

So I got curious after wondering how both NBC and Flo could both claim rights to the same event, figuring that they must have been a contract dispute and perhaps it was in litigation. I searched PACER for a lawsuit (PACER covers all federal courts), and came up empty, then searched Travis County, where Flo is located, and found the following entry:

Cause Number D-1-GN-17-000468
Case Status CLOSED
Style FLOSPORTS INC V. COWBOY SPORTS
Filed Date 2/2/2017
Hearing Date February 09, 2017 02:00 PM

Attorney Type Full/Business Name First Name Middle Name Last Name
DEFENDANT OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
DEFENDANT TRACKWRESTLING DOT COM LLC
DEFENDANT NBCUNIVERSIAL MEDIA LLC
DEFENDANT NATIONAL WRESTLING COACHES ASSOCIATION
DEFENDANT COWBOY SPORTS PROPERTIES LLC
BURGESS KAREN CROOK PLAINTIFF FLOSPORTS INC

Event Date Party Type Description
2/6/2017 PL ORD:NTC/ORD DISMISSAL/NONSUIT
2/3/2017 ORD:OTHER ORDER
2/3/2017 DF ISS:CITATION
2/2/2017 PL ORIGINAL PETITION/APPLICATION​

So Flo did file suit and I'm guessing they settled favorably, given the case status as closed and given Flo is scheduled to air it. Would be interested in seeing the original petition, maybe I'll send away for it.

Yes this would DRAW A HUGE TV RATING....THINK A NETWORK WILL SOON STEP IN !!!!

Another option, is if you know your local sports bar owner, you can ask him or her if they will show it live at the bar? Maybe Champs here locally?

And the sports bar guy will respond by asking "What channel is it on?"

If anyone can definitely provide that info, I'd be much obliged.

So I got curious after wondering how both NBC and Flo could both claim rights to the same event, figuring that they must have been a contract dispute and perhaps it was in litigation. I searched PACER for a lawsuit (PACER covers all federal courts), and came up empty, then searched Travis County, where Flo is located, and found the following entry:

Cause Number D-1-GN-17-000468
Case Status CLOSED
Style FLOSPORTS INC V. COWBOY SPORTS
Filed Date 2/2/2017
Hearing Date February 09, 2017 02:00 PM

Attorney Type Full/Business Name First Name Middle Name Last Name
DEFENDANT OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
DEFENDANT TRACKWRESTLING DOT COM LLC
DEFENDANT NBCUNIVERSIAL MEDIA LLC
DEFENDANT NATIONAL WRESTLING COACHES ASSOCIATION
DEFENDANT COWBOY SPORTS PROPERTIES LLC
BURGESS KAREN CROOK PLAINTIFF FLOSPORTS INC

Event Date Party Type Description
2/6/2017 PL ORD:NTC/ORD DISMISSAL/NONSUIT
2/3/2017 ORD:OTHER ORDER
2/2/2017 PL ORIGINAL PETITION/APPLICATION​

So Flo did file suit and I'm guessing they settled favorably, given the case status as closed and given Flo is scheduled to air it. Would be interested in seeing the original petition, maybe I'll send away for it.
I went ahead and submitted a records request. I think that someone (either NWCA or OSU or both) attempted to license rights it had already licensed; since original rights would belong to OSU as home team, probably OSU. But NWCA is co-defendant so I imagine they, and not OSU, approached NBC and Track.

Key to dispute is probably the language in Flo's contract with Oklahoma State, and how it defined the matches to which Flo would get exclusive rights; if language was simply "all home dual matches" then it was probably game over right there. OSU/NWCA's argument was likely that DCS matches weren't contemplated at the time of the original Flo/OSU contract, and so DCS matches should be seen as falling outside the Flo/OSU contract.

Legal arguments aside, it's easier to root for NWCA here since OSU/NWCA's deal with NBC would've brought the match to a wider audience of wrestling fans. Only winner here is Flo.

I went ahead and submitted a records request. I think that someone (either NWCA or OSU or both) attempted to license rights it had already licensed; since original rights would belong to OSU as home team, probably OSU. But NWCA is co-defendant so I imagine they, and not OSU, approached NBC and Track.

Key to dispute is probably the language in Flo's contract with Oklahoma State, and how it defined the matches to which Flo would get exclusive rights; if language was simply "all home dual matches" then it was probably game over right there. OSU/NWCA's argument was likely that DCS matches weren't contemplated at the time of the original Flo/OSU contract, and so DCS matches should be seen as falling outside the Flo/OSU contract.

Legal arguments aside, it's easier to root for NWCA here since OSU/NWCA's deal with NBC would've brought the match to a wider audience of wrestling fans. Only winner here is Flo.
i do not know the contract Flo has with OSU but I can say that Fox Sports carried the Iowa dual in Stillwater this year along with Flo. It was an on demand option online but I did not need to pay anything as long as I had my cable provider log in. I did look to see if this was listed on Foxsportsgo as someone mentioned it was but I did not see it listed.

If flo has exclusive rights to OSU home matches, why was Iowa match televised?

This says to me that ESPN's desire to take on the "Duals Tournament" as the national Championship instead of the current format is talk. They see the number and know the duals tourney vs Nationals isn't comparable. Otherwise they would pick this up and market the crap out of it as a beta to see if it's feasible.

i do not know the contract Flo has with OSU but I can say that Fox Sports carried the Iowa dual in Stillwater this year along with Flo. It was an on demand option online but I did not need to pay anything as long as I had my cable provider log in. I did look to see if this was listed on Foxsportsgo as someone mentioned it was but I did not see it listed.
I missed this before posting but I watched it too in dish. It was in one of the sports networks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT