ADVERTISEMENT

PSU vs Michigan game thread

There is an intelligence to Michigan's offense. I see no intelligence to our offense.

Referines are giving us these ticky-tack calls early so they can screw us later.

False starts, illegal snaps, and offsides are small penalty but definitely not ticky tack. Pre-snap penalties have to be called. I do agree that we will get some egregious call at some point though.

Our offense seems so slow and unimaginative compared to Michigan's offense. Ours is predicable and takes forever while Michigan never gives a hint of what's coming. They will keep us on our heels all game, I'm afraid, while we continue having three and outs.

Not saying Donovan is a great coordinator. But game after game his players let him down. If you read the guy who writes a column in the Lebonon paper you would see that Hack makes a lot of poor reads and holds the ball too long. There are countless examples of Hack missing open players, throwing poor passes to open players and the recievers (more typically the TE's) dropping balls.

I dont mind the first down wildcat call. We have had success running it.

I don't love the 3rd and 5 call on Mich 38. Slow developing run play with our crappy line wont work very often.

The oline obviously is not very good. They are made worse by bad blocking by TE's and Hack holding on to the ball and taking unecessary sacks.

Reactions: psualt
If the opposing D just keys on Barkley, they will be right 70% of the time. Most of the rest of the time, Hackenberg makes a mistake. And every once in a while, we get lucky.

That last play is one of the reasons Hack has been poor. Just throw it away. He sees the rush and turns into a deer in headlights. That isnt coaching. That is a player who continues to make the same mistakes.

Not saying hack has much time but I only remember him throwing ball away twice all year. Can anyone remember more than that?

That's the type of sequence that's going to just freakin' lose the game for us. Take an unnecessary sack. Go for the long ball on 3rd and long and get nothing instead of getting into FG range at least. Punt into the end zone for 19 yards of net field position.

Christ.

Reactions: PSUAlum91
At some point in time those penalties will stop and we will lose by 3 touchdowns.

I said it to my buddy earlier, if Michigan goes up 14-3 the game could be over. I have little faith we can score 2 TD, let alone 1.

I wish they'd just occasionally put McSorley in, just for the bloody hell of it. But if he does OK, then they've got a problem they would rather not have.

Reactions: psualt
False starts, illegal snaps, and offsides are small penalty but definitely not ticky tack. Pre-snap penalties have to be called. I do agree that we will get some egregious call at some point though.
My point is, they'll be able to say look at all th penalties Michy had to defend the horseshit call we'll get later.

Reactions: harjeff
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT