ADVERTISEMENT

Rider (don’t we usually have five match threads by now) Match thread

Good effort from all the boys! Nice win for Steen and big come from behind pin for Beau.

Van Ness taking on all challengers and looking good.

Alex put a whipping on my boy Hunter.

Anyone remotely concerned with Max taking a L should have his head examined. Tough as nails and will be there at the end

For anyone hoping the match replays would be on Flo, don’t get two excited. They’re almost all broken or shortened.

No video of Bartlett’s takedown or pin. No video of Van Ness’ 2nd or third period, no video of Facundo’s third.

Dogshit company strikes again.
i was all ready to spread the good news when i saw them on the site and then i clicked on them

• Angry
Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
For anyone hoping the match replays would be on Flo, don’t get two excited. They’re almost all broken or shortened.

No video of Bartlett’s takedown or pin. No video of Van Ness’ 2nd or third period, no video of Facundo’s third.

I think those were whatever they captured from the mothership, better video may be on the way:

Maybe some of the parents got better video on their camcorders? Worth asking.
😁

C’mon, that’s no way to be. People are individuals, not programs, schools, or states. Some of these Iowa guys are good peeps. js & madden included.
Yeah, no problem with that. That said, you have no idea how they were on these boards. I had huge respect for Iowa before last year. You have no idea how they trashed our boards. And I won't be called out by an Iowa fan.

That's like Vodka lying and claiming he was banned for no reason. Said I banned him. It wasn't me. It was Tom.

Basically that was a perfect storm for Rider against Max: 3 takedowns Max couldn't complete, then a strategic lung break by Rider coach, then a bang bang takedown that could have gone either way. They won't see each other again but if they do, Max will win comfortably.

Are you Spey?

giphy.gif

Post match thoughts?
149, 165 ... fantastic, very happy with how they look December. Van Ness obviously stole the show but like I said Facundo registering a major over Mays was very impressive. His aggression is there this year, no issue it seems with the cut and his mentality is right. I am a lot higher on him now than I was a few months ago.
197 - it is what it is, everyone knew this could happen and I don't think anyone expected Max to run the table this year (at least I hope not)

141 ... maybe I'm being a pessimistic but not the most encouraging result, he was down 4-2 against a solid kid for sure but was expecting a comfortable win and more in neutral from him. Needs to kick the standing cradle habit. Alas, I expect him to continue progressing at 141.

Yeah, no problem with that. That said, you have no idea how they were on these boards. I had huge respect for Iowa before last year. You have no idea how they trashed our boards. And I won't be called out by an Iowa fan.

That's like Vodka lying and claiming he was banned for no reason. Said I banned him. It wasn't me. It was Tom.
Well, I can imagine.

I guess my only advice is to take a breath as needed and just remember that we’re just children playing . . . and stupid dogs.

Just so some folks here are clear. When I was an admin, I spent over 10 days cleaning up the Iowa nonsense after the Iowa, Penn State game. It was like nothing I've ever witnessed.

This wasn't about injuries, it was personal against Franklin. Literally, his race. It got so bad, I had had enough. Why I got banned on the Iowa board that I hadn't posted on in 2 years. Last post I had over there was congratulating Spencer on another Natty.

Their posts were beyond vile. I lost my shit it got so bad. So no, I have zero patience.

Well, I can imagine.

I guess my only advice is to take a breath as needed and just remember that we’re just children playing . . . and stupid dogs.
It's not that. None of you know what took place after the Iowa loss in football. It's exactly why I walked away. I spent over a week cleaning up boards, 24/7.

Well, I can imagine.

When it got racist, I lost my sh&t. I had enough.

Reactions: mcpat
Just so some folks here are clear. When I was an admin, I spent over 10 days cleaning up the Iowa nonsense after the Iowa, Penn State game. It was like nothing I've ever witnessed.

This wasn't about injuries, it was personal against Franklin. Literally, his race. It got so bad, I had had enough. Why I got banned on the Iowa board that I hadn't posted on in 2 years. Last post I had over there was congratulating Spencer on another Natty.

Their posts were beyond vile. I lost my shit it got so bad. So no, I have zero patience.
zero patience for what? friendly jokes that literally everybody else got?

settle down. you missed the joke. it happens. you're only embarrassing yourself further trying to turn this into some moral stand that has nothing to do with us.

zero patience for what? friendly jokes that literally everybody else got?

settle down. you missed the joke. it happens. you're only embarrassing yourself further trying to turn this into some moral stand that has nothing to do with us.
Dude, don't come on here and give advice. There are tons of folks that are done with Iowa. I know who you are and have no disrespect. But don't try and give lessons to others.

@Hotshoe Not trying to speak out of turn since you are the moderator but I'd hope @js8793 has earned the benefit of the doubt on this board at this point and I thought the joke was pretty obvious here given the fact Brooks just picked apart Keckeisen and the guy he didn't wrestle today was 0-6 ... haha

@Hotshoe Not trying to speak out of turn since you are the moderator but I'd hope @js8793 has earned the benefit of the doubt on this board at this point and I thought the joke was pretty obvious here given the fact Brooks just picked apart Keckeisen and the guy he didn't wrestle today was 0-6 ... haha
Brooks knew he was due!

I'm not a mod. I walked away.

I walked away after the Iowa game. I have zero issue with the poster. That said, he likes to push the issue. No one here saw what Iowa fans posted on the boards. It wasn't just about injuries, it was racist as hell.

The absurdity is the idea that it IS someone else's fault. It's not. It IS Flo's responsibility to know the quality of the service to be provided. If Rider cannot support, then Flo shouldn't partner to provide the stream. This IS 100% on Flo.

Make your day better. Stick with IronHead.
So if I show up to a site to find they are still using dial-up.......it's my fault :) I know FLO are the black hats.....But....How many people are still using 720p Televisions? 10% ? How many Universities?

I'm not an administrator because I had had enough. The hate and racism after the Iowa loss made me loose my sh&t. I'll be the first to tell you, I didn't handle it well. 10 days of total nonsense did me in. I have little patience for Iowa fans. I know who is who, yet they still push the envelope. I really don't care.

Reactions: Wilco43
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT