ADVERTISEMENT

sPitt getting their it together....maybe not

3bf93575554c4ce07c4d7a9729aecccc.jpg

Seems like they're doing some really good things. I was iffy about the hire of Gavin (I know he's been pretty good as an assistant but felt they needed a huge name at Pitt) but after hearing a story about his career at Pitt and his mindset from a family friend who was teammates with him I'm starting to believe more that he could do some good things there

Seems like they're doing some really good things. I was iffy about the hire of Gavin (I know he's been pretty good as an assistant but felt they needed a huge name at Pitt) but after hearing a story about his career at Pitt and his mindset from a family friend who was teammates with him I'm starting to believe more that he could do some good things there

crossing fingers.....but this is sPitt unfortunately. The HS talent starring them in the face, the alumni support that they could have tapped.....I dont know. sPitt underwhelms while their PR dept does everything over the top.....bias i guess. Wish them the best only because I want a rival other than lehigh, but I think out only rivals in wrestling will be the power 5

Would like to think so, but the bungling ineptitude that led to his eventual hire says clearly that he'll get no serious support from the school administration. So he'll have to do it all himself. So far he's doing good stuff, but it's early. We'll see how long he can keep this up on an island.

The good part about being ignored by the administration is having plenty of flexibility and leash.

He'll need it. Being unable to even get Pitt into Verk's do-over list says a lot about the hole he has to dig out of.

Reactions: diggerpup
This reminded me of Pitt, and not in a good way:

Old Dominion has an RTC. Pitt's is in its infancy. Good that Gavin is starting one, but more evidence of how long Stottlemyer and then Peters let that program stagnate, and how little the school cared.

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT