ADVERTISEMENT

Stock market near new record highs

Yes, and in the last 3 weeks the DOW is down about 2000 points (5%), S&P down about 6%, NASDAQ almost 11%, and the Russell2k almost 9%. It is a significant pull back and the extension of a worrisome trend. Hopefully today halted that trend. I like when my accounts are going up instead of backwards. We have a lot of lost compounding to catch up on.
Dow is up 4100 points from this time last year

Dow is up 4100 points from this time last year
Not bad compared to the couple of years prior to that. It actually is close to the historical average inflation-adjusted return. Just a little below average.

I've been threatened banning again for simply discussing this topic without mention of politics, same as everyone else in this thread. Have you been similarly threatened to be banned for discussing this topic?

Not bad compared to the couple of years prior to that. It actually is close to the historical average inflation-adjusted return. Just a little below average.

I've been threatened banning again for simply discussing this topic without mention of politics, same as everyone else in this thread. Have you been similarly threatened to be banned for discussing this topic?
Except you haven't been. You interject politics into it at every step, whilst pretending not to do so. It's not only against the rules, but it's weak (passive-aggressive) faux-victimization. Be a man and stand up for what you believe in (on the other board).

Wow, recouped losses from Monday's beating and S&P now up almost 13% YTD.

New inflation/CPI data for July comes out next week I think.

Big day today so far. Good report on jobless claims declining. Approaching record high again as S&P up 17% YTD. Edwardo quiet as he can't complain that his near eight figure nest egg (as in close to $10 million) making 17% return is almost completely wiped out by 4% inflation.

Big day today so far. Good report on jobless claims declining. Approaching record high again as S&P up 17% YTD. Edwardo quiet as he can't complain that his near eight figure nest egg (as in close to $10 million) making 17% return is almost completely wiped out by 4% inflation.
Biggest news was consumers holding strong based on retailers quarterlies.

Looks like another big day (S&P up over 1%) as Powell hints on rate cuts coming.
Ya think the timing of the cuts is maybe just a bit political? Most analysts I've heard are saying they're late to the party. Should have moved months ago. This close to the election has a stench to it. And right after they restate the jobs report that they missed by close a million.? But nothing to see here. Business as usual in the fling swamp.

Ya think the timing of the cuts is maybe just a bit political? Most analysts I've heard are saying they're late to the party. Should have moved months ago. This close to the election has a stench to it. And right after they restate the jobs report that they missed by close a million.? But nothing to see here. Business as usual in the fling swamp.
This was debunked awhile ago, by many ... on both sides. You should have worn a more protective helmet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT