ADVERTISEMENT

Super 32

They picked Cornell first.

Must have been terribly difficult for them to turn down their Dream School twice.
Erik is extremely smart but didn't like the room once he got there "partying" wasn't happy with it that's why he moved on. This is second hand but it is close nit here so take it or leave it.

Cough cough Telford. LOL just trying to get a laugh

They are also cousins to the Bassett's that are a heavy influence in their lives..... they don't hate the cesspole

Last edited:
I'm fairly confident that none of 3 champs from McCort end up in Iowa.
I agree with steel. I don’t see Iowa getting anyone from PA anytime soon, especially the Mcort crew. I hope we get the Bo and Jax duo. Heck & Miller.

Iowa had their run at pa guys then seemed to turn to the Sebolt revolt. His club had the 2-3 years and now non-existent. Flash in the ban. I haven’t talked or heard from one dad that Iowa even came to Pa to recruit. Since Lee, Young, Murin.

I agree with steel. I don’t see Iowa getting anyone from PA anytime soon, especially the Mcort crew. I hope we get the Bo and Jax duo. Heck & Miller.

Iowa had their run at pa guys then seemed to turn to the Sebolt revolt. His club had the 2-3 years and now non-existent. Flash in the ban. I haven’t talked or heard from one dad that Iowa even came to Pa to recruit. Since Lee, Young, Murin.
They did land Kolby Franklin, were finalists for Joey Fischer, and IIRC were also finalists for Rocco Welsh (definitely on his semifinal list).

But that's it since the 2021 class. So the bigger point is well taken.

Reactions: dicemen99
Incredible, three HS champions from the same HS program, has that ever been done before. Two sophomores and a freshmen.

Pennsylvania in general May of had their best performance ever. Just a few years back, the whispers in the back were saying PA was down and other states caught them. Think again
That team isn't exactly home grown. Didn't they lose eligibility due to illegal recruiting practices?

They did land Kolby Franklin, were finalists for Joey Fischer, and IIRC were also finalists for Rocco Welsh (definitely on his semifinal list).

But that's it since the 2021 class. So the bigger point is well taken.
We won't mention what Kolby Franklin's dream school was....

that could be every team in the country esp prep schools,blame the coaches not the wrestlers!
Regardless...I'm always going to be team PA but due to the nature of the game these days as you just expounded upon, it has become more difficult to truly assess the strength by state. That's all I'm saying.

Florida State Champ coming to McCort as a soph. Will help the upper weights.
Who would that be? I just checked FL states brackets -- every 160+ champ was either a JR or SR last year. Maybe a prep school kid?

My fault. Runner-up.
They have a good number of kids that grew up around Jtown, some are backups or incoming freshmen. Their ‘homegrown’ kids are all studs and the team would be legit without the few out of state world and national medalists filling the gaps.

Extremely unfortunate. Without a PA connection we're in even bigger trouble...

Did someone mention the next wave?

teahupoocylinder.jpg

That's a cute wave. This is a Penn State wave:

dec45573c23b59a9e08b2ec4605f700e.gif

Regardless...I'm always going to be team PA but due to the nature of the game these days as you just expounded upon, it has become more difficult to truly assess the strength by state. That's all I'm saying.
sounds like your saying they cheat and they do like most prep school and yes PA all the way.Wy Sem may be the worst!

They have a good number of kids that grew up around Jtown, some are backups or incoming freshmen. Their ‘homegrown’ kids are all studs and the team would be legit without the few out of state world and national medalists filling the gaps.
Agree. Forest Hills was in line to have a title contending team the last few years and going forward without sledzianowski, herring, Forrest and Rodriguez.

why would any PA kid go to iowa when they can stay in PA and keep winning titles!
That's actually a great question. Being #2 isn't the worst thing in the worlds, but as long as you guys are #1 it would something special to get one of the top tier hammers to leave PA. Hell, I wouldn't leave...

Reactions: Bosox2004
That's actually a great question. Being #2 isn't the worst thing in the worlds, but as long as you guys are #1 it would something special to get one of the top tier hammers to leave PA. Hell, I wouldn't leave...
Here are my top 3 reasons

1. Not all kids want to be part of the dynasty they want to beat the dynasty.

2. Ever watch the movie Good Will Hunting.

3 . Iowa has ottumwa home of radar oreilly.

why would any PA kid go to iowa when they can stay in PA and keep winning titles!
Other than Lord Spencer, which Iowa wrestler from PA had that option?

Kemerer is the most obvious answer -- being the only other recent finalist from PA -- and he wasn't coming to PSU. We supposedly didn't push hard for him (but did push hard for Cenzo in the same class). If not Iowa, he would've gone to Lehigh -- and does he get a title there?

Reactions: hlstone
Sasso, Labriola, and Hidlay among other national finalists left PA. Granted, varying reasons for each of them ... but it does happen, and not infrequently.

Other than Lee, Iowa’s big PA haul, was because they were not our coaching staff’s first choice, they would have had to burn a lot of their eligibility, to have a chance to make the lineup at Penn State.

beat the dynasty,good luck with that!
Lots of people root against the favorite in any sport.

On the other hand, when your career is on the line, I think most people would want to go to the program they believe is tops for their personal development.

Trivia question: the last wrestler who met their personal goals at Iowa? I have no idea on the answer. You might have to go back a decade.

On the other hand, when your career is on the line, I think most people would want to go to the program they believe is tops for their personal development.

Trivia question: the last wrestler who met their personal goals at Iowa? I have no idea on the answer. You might have to go back a decade.
Likely zero, and that's not a shot at Iowa. Most national-level recruits say one of their goals is being a 4x national champ.

They also say World/Olympic champ. The only recent Hawk to do that is Gilman, and he did it after moving to PSU. (Cass won U23s, so Iowa should get some credit for that.)

Agreed no doubt that’s probably the primary reason for most . What might be argued is what is meant by personal development.

I could have added a few other reasons to the list but was somewhat trying to be funny. I agree with whoever started this topic it’s gonna be difficult to pry away PA kids and have them end up in Iowa.

Iowa is in a tough spot for alot of reasons yet still one of the top programs in the country .

Trivia question answer :

Give me 5 months to answer this question . I think it will be Woods. Hoping it won’t be but afraid it will be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT