ADVERTISEMENT

The Iowa board is comical.....

url3.gif

The biggest problems I had with the HR were the knee-jerk "troll" charge if an "outsider" brought up unpleasant facts; the immediate resort to name-calling; a general delusional general quality; a propensity to bring up Sandusky at the drop of a hat; and a disrespectful attitude towards any other college wrestling program (including "good guy" AZChief consistently calling VT "Vag Tech" and saying things like "nobody cares about Lehigh and Rutgers") even (especially?) teams that defeated or performed better than Iowa. Other than that, it was pretty reasonable.

Anyone who visits an opposing team's board to bring up unpleasant facts, especially right after their loss, would be the definition of a troll in my opinion. Just keeping it real.

Besides PSU, tOSU & Okie St, which teams will be stronger than Iowa next season ?

Michigan is going to be fairly loaded. I think Michigan would beat handily Iowa next season.

Who else ?

VT loses Dance, Malstrani & Walz.

Missouri loses Mayes & Cox and some others.

Nebraska loses a ton: Lambert, Montoya, Dudley, Studebaker & Jensen.

Cornell loses Dean, Realbuto & Palacio.

I think Minnesota returns everyone but Pfarr & Kroells. They could be better than Iowa.

Last edited:
Certainly
PSU
tOSU
OSU

Perhaps
Minn.
Michigan
ASU
Mizzu
Lehigh
NE
VT

Michigan seems most likely to claim a spot above Iowa from the perhaps list. I could see Mizzu doing it too.

I think Lehigh could beat probably beat Iowa next year. Speaking of Lehigh ,is it fair to assume that PSU will wrestle them next year at Bethlehem.

I think Lehigh could beat probably beat Iowa next year. Speaking of Lehigh ,is it fair to assume that PSU will wrestle them next year at Bethlehem.
Yes and yes. Will be a packed house.

I didn't do the numbers but I think iowa is 5-6 to start the year.

Reactions: GSL
Iowa board far better than the Cowboy board. That's a cesspool right now - albeit a fairly empty cesspool.

Yeah it's bad but really only one guy who's on a 21 run that makes it look like a long time poster.

He is far from Ob, micco, AR, etc. Many good posters there that for whatever reason moved aside for an idiot.

Yeah it's bad but really only one guy who's on a 21 run that makes it look like a long time poster.

He is far from Ob, micco, AR, etc. Many good posters there that for whatever reason moved aside for an idiot.

I agree that it wasn't everyone, but I put half a dozen on ignore (including one regular) before I decided I am not going to bother even looking there anymore because it was so juvenile and thoughtless what people were saying. Its unfortunate when those voices drown out the good ones.

Certainly
PSU
tOSU
OSU

Perhaps
Minn.
Michigan
ASU
Mizzu
Lehigh
NE
VT

Michigan seems most likely to claim a spot above Iowa from the perhaps list. I could see Mizzu doing it too.

Maybe add NCST to the 'Perhaps' list. Would be a competitive dual at least.
Fausz, Morris, Jack could sweep Iowa's first 3 weights [depending on who goes of course].
They have Renda [197] & Hidlay off rs and possibly Rohskopf [6th yr?] and a few other young guys with another year exp [Bullard bros, Reenan, etc].
Could come down to bonus pts if they would meet, but I doubt we'll find out.

I hope Renda returns at 197. Would be a difficult matchup for Kollin Moore. Though I suspect he'll be 184.

Certainly
PSU
tOSU
OSU

Perhaps
Minn.
Michigan
ASU
Mizzu
Lehigh
NE
VT

Nebraska loses a lot of seniors: Lambert, Montoya, Dudley, Studebaker just off the top of my head.

But Michigan and Minnesota both will beat and place higher than Iowa.

Lehigh, Missouri and VT are strong possibilities as well.

Iowa loses gilman,Clark,Carton,Meyer, and Brooks. They may get Stoll back. Not much coming into the lineup either. The bull is tough but low/mid AA is my guess.
125- way worse (0)
133- way worse (0)
141- equal (3)
149- slightly better (18)
157- slightly better (20)
165- big improvement (12)
174- way worse (2)
184- way worse (4)
197- slightly better (4)
285- way better or the same depending on Stoll (15) 3-4 AAs. 2 finalists in BS and JK.

78 points with Stoll- 63 without Stoll.

Agree...
Lee will never face Suriano in college...
Agree...
You're dead wrong. Teasdale is 100% all in on Iowa.

Just pointing it out again that it was a good idea on your part since you're dead wrong and grasping at straws with your Teasdale talk... Me being right has nothing to do with you being wrong. My apologies if you took them as one in the same.

Oh, Goblin.

Oh, Goblin.

Yikes.....

I almost feel bad for him, but ....

When those rumors were going off in December & January, I heard from a local WPIAL guy who is very involved in HS wrestling - but never sniffs a message board.

He knew Chance & PSU wasn't happening 7-10 days before the decommitment. Back in January, same guy said that Teasdale wasn't ending up at Iowa.

I don't think GT is taking much scholarship money, either ( $$ uncle $$ ).

Last edited:
Yikes.....

I almost feel bad for him, but ....

When those rumors were going off in December & January, I heard from a local WPIAL guy who is very involved in HS wrestling - but never sniffs a message board.

He knew Chance & PSU wasn't happening 7-10 days before that happened. Back in January, same guy said that Teasdale wasn't ending up at Iowa.

I don't think GT is taking much scholarship money, either ( $$ uncle $$ ).

I have heard the $$uncle angle before also, a few years back , however was not sure If it was true or not

Reactions: diggerpup
Preseason:

1. Penn State
2. Tanning Bed U
3. Pokes
4. Michigan
5. Iowa

Hawks are still a formidable team. Do not disrespect.

"Formidable For Fifth" would make a pretty cool Tshirt for the Hawk fans to run around in. Minnesota could print some "Savvy for Sixth" shirts to go along with the theme. I've learned some pretty cool stuff reading through the HRn trash this past hour.

Cael tries to win all of the time and that makes him a really bad guy. Brands is a good guy and would never place importance on winning. PSU will burn out because it is too fun there? Yes an idiot said that. All parents are so poor they could never afford to pay even part of the kids education. A kid should always honor his verbal commitment, but its ok to take a free ride while you redshirt and expect an unconditional release as long as your going to Iowa. PSU guys were so good this year it means they will under perform next year, so again we see the losing is better theme. I hope they don't nail poor Spencer to a cross or anything crazy, for they are 100% convinced he is the savior of that program. Talk about weight of the world. The wide open high octane style PSU wrestles is boring. We need a push out rule so Iowa has some way to score. Refs hate Iowa. Everyone is jealous of the 4/th place team including the champions. Mark Hall is old for his grade so he is bad. Cory Clark who is also old for his grade is good. Gavin Teasdale was good but is now bad. PSU fans are insufferable. Insufferable Iowa fans are just loyal. It is really honorable to kick ISU while they are down. It is really bad to even slightly kick Iowa when they are down.

"Formidable For Fifth" would make a pretty cool Tshirt for the Hawk fans to run around in. Minnesota could print some "Savvy for Sixth" shirts to go along with the theme. I've learned some pretty cool stuff reading through the HRn trash this past hour.

Cael tries to win all of the time and that makes him a really bad guy. Brands is a good guy and would never place importance on winning. PSU will burn out because it is too fun there? Yes an idiot said that. All parents are so poor they could never afford to pay even part of the kids education. A kid should always honor his verbal commitment, but its ok to take a free ride while you redshirt and expect an unconditional release as long as your going to Iowa. PSU guys were so good this year it means they will under perform next year, so again we see the losing is better theme. I hope they don't nail poor Spencer to a cross or anything crazy, for they are 100% convinced he is the savior of that program. Talk about weight of the world. The wide open high octane style PSU wrestles is boring. We need a push out rule so Iowa has some way to score. Refs hate Iowa. Everyone is jealous of the 4/th place team including the champions. Mark Hall is old for his grade so he is bad. Cory Clark who is also old for his grade is good. Gavin Teasdale was good but is now bad. PSU fans are insufferable. Insufferable Iowa fans are just loyal. It is really honorable to kick ISU while they are down. It is really bad to even slightly kick Iowa when they are down.
Iowa down? I just don't get it. They have a champion this year. They had a Saturday night participant score an offensive point. All in all (125 pound exception) they wrestled a pretty darn good tournament and improved their team placement over last year's placement.
The Hawks are not down. The first couple years after Iowa made their last run of championships it could have been argued they were down slightly. Other than the year Penn State chose to do a reload the Hawks haven't even been the next best team. The Hawks are not down, but have been reslotted.

Now THAT is some salty passive aggressiveness. You could teach Chief a thing or two.

I'm waiting for the HR people who called me a troll, douchebag, idiot, asshole, etc. when I said on HR that thinking they would keep all of Meija, Renteria, Lee and Teasdale was unrealistic. You know, they wound up with one of the four. So I expect to see the apologies rolling in any day now .............. But I'm certainly not holding my breath.

Hey - you get what you earn. Check out the common theme of their posts. They've got Sandusky on the brain. Hope you go to 34 and Holding and lecture them as well.

OMG - I read their "NCAA Session 6" thread over there, and it was a complete dumpster with multiple OklahomaState fans claiming PSU people are pedophiles and promote child rape.

It was absolutely ridiculous. Wtf.

OMG - I read their "NCAA Session 6" thread over there, and it was a complete dumpster with multiple OklahomaState fans claiming PSU people are pedophiles and promote child rape.

It was absolutely ridiculous. Wtf.
Reading that thread was like the scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark, when they open the vault and the floor is covered with snakes.

So you want to lower yourself to the worst of their posters? All I am saying. Most of the regular posters have basically told the 3 asses to shut up. You are a better man, right?

I'm not defending what CT said but I checked their board (I rarely go over there because of the lack of info/traffic) after CT made mention of a cess pool. I thought that meant, "hey its like New Jersey" so I was curious. It's much worse than a cesspool and even worse than Newark. And their regulars are certainly not policing their own. <edit: I apologize to everyone I just offended from Newark>

Yeah, I actually saw a post where they called Cael a "scumbag" and NYwrestler94 hit the "like" button, but hey, it's all good because the little clique on here likes NYwrestler94, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT