ADVERTISEMENT

Time to play Allar here on out

After Ohio State not before. Allar's going to struggle some (he didn't look good today) so you wait until Minnesota (who still has a decent D) and Ohio State are done so you set him up to build confidence going into 2023.

With Allar it was start him at Purdue or after Ohio State--no in between

After Ohio State not before. Allar's going to struggle some (he didn't look good today) so you wait until Minnesota (who still has a decent D) and Ohio State are done so you set him up to build confidence going into 2023.

With Allar it was start him at Purdue or after Ohio State--no in between
After Ohio State? Are u joking?

Yeah, why aren't you okay with that?
Allar's not beating Ohio State--you put him in the best position to develop
It's like the Steelers with Pickett and Tomlin was an idiot for allowing his first start to be against Bills--followed by Tampa, Miami and Philly. You put him in the best position to succeed as he's the key to the future.
Come on--you know this season is shot regardless of who's playing QB

No he's not. Have you watched the new OSU defense this year. I posted this on another thread

I went over to the OSU - Eleven Warriors and found an article that said they fired their whole defensive staff (minus Larry Johnson) and brought in DC Nowles (sp?) whose defenses are strictly designed to plug up the middle for runs and harass the QB. They play a lot of man on man in the secondary and he was hired because of the way Michigan ran the ball down OSU's throat last year. Nowles even said to expect 3 or 4 big plays against them every game but in his eyes that's the price for stacking the line. You can bet that they're going to make that Michigan QB beat them in November

In other words, if you think your QBs faced pressure today, wait until you play OSU and that's not the best situation for a true freshman QB

Reactions: psu1969a
No he's not. Have you watched the new OSU defense this year. I posted this on another thread

I went over to the OSU - Eleven Warriors and found an article that said they fired their whole defensive staff (minus Larry Johnson) and brought in DC Nowles (sp?) whose defenses are strictly designed to plug up the middle for runs and harass the QB. They play a lot of man on man in the secondary and he was hired because of the way Michigan ran the ball down OSU's throat last year. Nowles even said to expect 3 or 4 big plays against them every game but in his eyes that's the price for stacking the line. You can bet that they're going to make that Michigan QB beat them in November

In other words, if you think your QBs faced pressure today, wait until you play OSU and that's not the best situation for a true freshman QB
Clifford won't be any better. Give Allar the experience. it will help him and us in the long run.

Yeah, why aren't you okay with that?
Allar's not beating Ohio State--you put him in the best position to develop
It's like the Steelers with Pickett and Tomlin was an idiot for allowing his first start to be against Bills--followed by Tampa, Miami and Philly. You put him in the best position to succeed as he's the key to the future.
Come on--you know this season is shot regardless of who's playing QB
Yes lets just lose on purpose. Good idea.

Yes lets just lose on purpose. Good idea.
It's not losing on purpose. We're not beating Ohio State regardless and truthfully Clifford likely gives us the better chance to win that game. We aren't making the playoff or winning the conference this year--you know it and I know it. So you develop the young guys while still trying to win but you do it at the right time. That's after Ohio State

It's not losing on purpose. We're not beating Ohio State regardless and truthfully Clifford likely gives us the better chance to win that game. We aren't making the playoff or winning the conference this year--you know it and I know it. So you develop the young guys while still trying to win but you do it at the right time. That's after Ohio State
Clifford is horrendous. No he doesnt give us the best chance to win. Hes getting worse.

Reactions: THEEHMANN
And Cliffords ready????? He cant throw a 10 yard hitch. Worst PSU QB game in years.
You did watch Roberson last year, right?
Listen--if you say you're just excited to see Allar and want him to start even though you realize the best thing for his development to play the last 4 I'd be cool with that but there's no logic in thinking it's best for Allar to start him the next two weeks.

You did watch Roberson last year, right?
Listen--if you say you're just excited to see Allar and want him to start even though you realize the best thing for his development to play the last 4 I'd be cool with that but there's no logic in thinking it's best for Allar to start him the next two weeks.
Yes lets compare Allar to Roberson. My God.

So he’ll never play here. Stop being a pussy. He needs to play
You've watched football before in your life, right?
Development of QBs is critical. His first 2 start should not be Minnesota and Ohio State
He should have 4 starts this year plus a meaningless bowl game (aka scrimmage) before WVU and Delaware next year prior to Big Ten play.
This isn't complicated or about being a pussy. He's our future--you plan accordingly.
Losing today ended our season since we all know we aren't beating Ohio State--no one here is that delusional...no one.

You've watched football before in your life, right?
Development of QBs is critical. His first 2 start should not be Minnesota and Ohio State
He should have 4 starts this year plus a meaningless bowl game (aka scrimmage) before WVU and Delaware next year prior to Big Ten play.
This isn't complicated or about being a pussy. He's our future--you plan accordingly.
Losing today ended our season since we all know we aren't beating Ohio State--no one here is that delusional...no one.
That’s nonsense. Play the game. Get out there. I mean do you think every QB in the history of football started in the ideal situation? At some point you have to play. Minnesota is the time to do it ( actually Purdue was the time to do it as I would have told Clifford not to come back)

That’s nonsense. Play the game. Get out there. I mean do you think every QB in the history of football started in the ideal situation? At some point you have to play. Minnesota is the time to do it ( actually Purdue was the time to do it as I would have told Clifford not to come back)
But there's no need not to give him an ideal situation
It doesn't even make sense not to
We agree that Purdue was the time to do it--now it's after Ohio State
Just like Pickett should have started against Cincinnati then since Tomlin's an idiot he needed to wait until after the bye week
You never put a QB in a position to fail.
It's all moot anyway--there's no chance barring injury Allar starts the next two games

No. After ohio state. Give Allar some time next week. Clifford is thrown to the wolves against OSU. Allar finishes the season as a tune up for next year. No need to ruin his confidence or get him hurt against OSU.
So throw Clifford to the wolves? Makes no sense. Clifford is done.

Starting Allar against OSU is probably a disservice to the young man as it would not help his confidence and is a recipe for disaster.
Besides, I’m not convinced he is the answer to the QBs issue. He seems to lack mobility, though his mechanics are better than SC.

Reactions: LandoComando
He's not being thrown to the wolves--he has a ton of career starts

Here's where I think the disconnect is...you want Allar because you want to see Allar and hate Clifford, right?

The rest of us want to prepare Allar for next year and that means waiting until after the Ohio State game. We aren't winning anything meaningful this year so why would we subject Allar to that game? What's the benefit other than fans want to see him?

Respectfully, you don't know what 'sense' is. You don't start a freshman QB with 0 or 1 starts against OSU. 2022 is done. Allar isn't beating OSU. He gets 5 games under center to build on for next year.

Last edited:
Starting Allar against OSU is probably a disservice to the young man as it would not help his confidence and is a recipe for disaster.
Besides, I’m not convinced he is the answer to the QBs issue. He seems to lack mobility, though his mechanics are better than SC.
If you watched OSU this year, they just flat out bring it and a lot of times leave their DBs one on one. They rotate 10 to 12 DL - they're extremely deep. The QB they are most vulnerable to are the QBs with legs that can get away from the pressure - like that Toledo QB who ran few a few 1st downs. Completely different philosophy than they had last year. Not an ideal situation for Allar who could get killed back there. Seriously, if you thought Michigan brought pressure, wait til OSU - Allar will have to make quick decisions

If you watched OSU this year, they just flat out bring it and a lot of times leave their DBs one on one. The QB they are most vulnerable to are the QBs with legs that can get away from the pressure - like that Toledo QB who ran few a few 1st downs. Completely different philosophy than they had last year. Not an ideal situation for Allar who could get killed back there. Seriously, if you thought Michigan brought pressure, wait til OSU - Allar will have to make quick decisions
Clifford is the worst QB in the Big Ten under pressure so whats your point?

Will Levis is projected to be the #1 pick in the 2023 NFL Draft by Mel Kiper as of last week.
QB is not your biggest problem. Your OL, and especially DL and LBs are - it was obvious today. Go back and watch Michigan's games against Maryland, Iowa, and Indiana and concentrate on the LOS. You'll see they stacked up OK against Michigan

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT