ADVERTISEMENT

Who gets in Bama or Texas?

Because it's the same OK State team that lost against 6-6 UCF 45-3 just three weeks ago
Beating OK State doesn't do anything to the Texas resume. Beating Georgia does
They don't want FSU to win. They want Georgia, Michigan and Texas to win. FSU to lose. That makes the job easy because then it's a Texas/Ohio State debate and they can go with Texas. They don't want FSU in the playoff. If FSU gets in and they get killed people will destroy them for putting FSU.
What part of Texas beat Alabama can you not comprehend?

Reactions: johnmpsu
Because it's the same OK State team that lost against 6-6 UCF 45-3 just three weeks ago
Beating OK State doesn't do anything to the Texas resume. Beating Georgia does
They don't want FSU to win. They want Georgia, Michigan and Texas to win. FSU to lose. That makes the job easy because then it's a Texas/Ohio State debate and they can go with Texas. They don't want FSU in the playoff. If FSU gets in and they get killed people will destroy them for putting FSU.

Disagree. They're less worried about what any given team will do in the playoffs than with the actual selections.

FSU winning makes it easy. Undefeated conference champ. Not a close call. But yeah, lucky is the #1 seed that draws the Travis-less Noles in the first round.

The committee's nightmare is an Alabama win coupled with a Texas win.

Reactions: doctornick
What part of Texas beat Alabama can you not comprehend?
What part of that's not the only game they played this year don't you comprehend
Bama would have the better win
Bama would have the better SOS
Bama would have the better loss
Bama would have more ranked wins
Texas has 1 argument which was a game MONTHS ago

Georgia might still get in, even with a close loss to Bama. 2X champ from the SEC earns some leeway with the committee.
Not against teams with fewer losses and/or winning their conference. Those have always been the top two criteria for the CFP Committee.

Disagree. They're less worried about what any given team will do in the playoffs than with the actual selections.

FSU winning makes it easy. Undefeated conference champ. Not a close call. But yeah, lucky is the #1 seed that draws the Travis-less Noles in the first round.

The committee's nightmare is an Alabama win coupled with a Texas win.
I don't think FSU winning makes it easy at all because many (if not most) don't believe they should be in at 13-0. Then if Georgia beats them by 50 they look foolish for not actually making a decision but just pretending 13-0 trumps everything else.
Bama and Texas winning is what they don't want because people will be mad when Texas is out.

Texas looking good so far. No team is safe on Championship Saturday today. Anyone who loses today could be out of the playoff, even Mich or Georgia.
Michigan probably has the best shot simply because the team that beats them wouldn’t be above them in terms of playoff rankings (unlike Georgia were Bama would be higher if the Tide wins). I think Michigan would be out though if Texas wins as seems to be the case and FSU wins.

Also Michigan has the potential issue of the Committee being biased against them due to the sign stealing. Them losing gives the Committee an “out” to not take them

Michigan probably has the best shot simply because the team that beats them wouldn’t be above them in terms of playoff rankings (unlike Georgia were Bama would be higher if the Tide wins). I think Michigan would be out though if Texas wins as seems to be the case and FSU wins.

Also Michigan has the potential issue of the Committee being biased against them due to the sign stealing. Them losing gives the Committee an “out” to not take them
If Michigan loses to Iowa I think the committee would be more than happy to bounce them.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
I don't think FSU winning makes it easy at all because many (if not most) don't believe they should be in at 13-0. Then if Georgia beats them by 50 they look foolish for not actually making a decision but just pretending 13-0 trumps everything else.
Bama and Texas winning is what they don't want because people will be mad when Texas is out.
If FSU, Mich, Texas, and Bama win, Bama is out. Any scenario with Bama in is a farce. Don't lose to Texas. That game counted, doesn't matter when it happened. That is why entire season matters. Keep blowing your illogical trumpet.

If FSU, Mich, Texas, and Bama win, Bama is out. Any scenario with Bama in is a farce. Don't lose to Texas. That game counted, doesn't matter when it happened. That is why entire season matters. Keep blowing your illogical trumpet.
It's not a farce--it's just what you want to happen.
FSU and Texas are likely out in that scenario--and should be
Texas shouldn't have lost to Oklahoma using your logic.

Yeah, there’s really no reasonable argument there. You have to take the 3 undefeateds so it comes down to 12-1 Texas versus 12-1 Bama and it’s just impossible to ignore the head to head result at Bama. There’s no mental gymnastics that could justify that in a way that wouldn’t cause rebellion among all the other teams

I think H2H matters if all else is equal. Bama beating Georgia doesn't make Texas/Bama comparable. That wins trumps everything else.
You play the season to get a full resume
Who was invited before the season started?
The objective isn't "the 4 most deserving teams"--it's the 4 best. Does anyone believe Georgia isn't one of the best 4 teams? Does anyone believe FSU without their starting QB is? We all know the answers--as does the committee.
OK, so you believe opinion trumps actual play on the field. That's fine I just think it's wrong. I'll have to watch for that during the Olympics to see if the committee awards the Gold to the favorite who gets upset even when he comes in second because everyone knows he's better and should have won and is clearly better. I won't hold my breath on that.

What do we do if GA loses in the playoff. I know, give them the trophy because everyone knows they should have won.

PS let's cancel the first 6 games of the season because we all know that they don't count if it violates the narrative.

They just canceled the Birds of Prey race today but why bother running it, just award the FIS points based on who we think should win. I'll head over their and tell them that the Lando philosophy demands it and in everybody's OPINION we know who is best so no need to run the race. Also better take points away from people who won early races because they don't count. If that sounds ridiculous, it's because it is.

If Bama knocks Georgia out and the other favorites win, Texas should get in.

The argument that "Bama looks better than Texas" is the same as putting a one loss Georgia in over SEC champ Bama; i.e., ridiculous.

Head to head HAS to matter. Bama would be ahead of Georgia and, by the same logic, Texas would be ahead of Bama.

Reactions: doctornick
OK, so you believe opinion trumps actual play on the field. That's fine I just think it's wrong. I'll have to watch for that during the Olympics to see if the committee awards the Gold to the favorite who gets upset even when he comes in second because everyone knows he's better and should have won and is clearly better. I won't hold my breath on that.

What do we do if GA loses in the playoff. I know, give them the trophy because everyone knows they should have won.

PS let's cancel the first 6 games of the season because we all know that they don't count if it violates the narrative.

They just canceled the Birds of Prey race today but why bother running it, just award the FIS points based on who we think should win. I'll head over their and tell them that the Lando philosophy demands it and in everybody's OPINION we know who is best so no need to run the race. Also better take points away from people who won early races because they don't count. If that sounds ridiculous, it's because it is.
Georgia's earned a playoff spot this year. If they lose in the playoff, they lose in the playoff
All games count--the ones at the end of the year simply have more value.
You keep talking about an event comparing it to a season--your first paragraph makes no sense

If Bama knocks Georgia out and the other favorites win, Texas should get in.

The argument that "Bama looks better than Texas" is the same as putting a one loss Georgia in over SEC champ Bama; i.e., ridiculous.

Head to head HAS to matter. Bama would be ahead of Georgia and, by the same logic, Texas would be ahead of Bama.
The argument isn't Bama looks better
Bama has the better resume
Texas has a horrible loss to OU

Lando, the committee telegraphed its thinking re Florida State with last week's ranking. They don't intend to penalize the Noles for Travis's injury...assuming the Noles take care of business this evening, which is not a sure thing.

Personally, with Texas's win today, I'd love to see Alabama win too...just to have the committee squirm and then listen to the cries of outrage when either the Horns or Tide are left out.

What part of that's not the only game they played
True. Not the only game but easily the most important game. Both teams could play 100 more games and it will always be the most important.

Sadly, according to the Lando philosophy it doesn't count because of when it was played and in his OPINION it doesn't count for anything. The more you defend this the worse it sounds but keep it up you are entitled to your OPINION and we all know OPINION counts more than actual results.

Bama legitimately should have lost to an actual bad team last weekend, if that team wasn’t moronic. Meanwhile I don’t see how losing to 10-2 Oklahoma is somehow a bad loss.

That’s kind of the irony because I’d actually say purely on looks that Texas has looked better than Bama this year. This isn’t the Bama of a few years ago.

Reactions: johnmpsu
Lando, the committee telegraphed its thinking re Florida State with last week's ranking. They don't intend to penalize the Noles for Travis's injury...assuming the Noles take care of business this evening, which is not a sure thing.

Personally, with Texas's win today, I'd love to see Alabama win too...just to have the committee squirm and then listen to the cries of outrage when either the Horns or Tide are left out.
If they did it was leaving Georgia at one and keeping Texas at 7. Not FSU at 4
Georgia will still be their biggest issue if they leave them out--even without the conf title.

That's funny. If Texas loss to OU is horrible than what does that make the Bama loss to TX. Even more horrible. So by your own logic Bama has a much worse loss than TX.
Texas losing to a team they shouldn't have doesn't make them bad
Texas is ranked 7th. OU is outside the top 10 with some awful losses. We all know which is the better loss.
Deal with reality please.

Bama legitimately should have lost to an actual bad team last weekend, if that team wasn’t moronic. Meanwhile I don’t see how losing to 10-2 Oklahoma is somehow a bad loss.

That’s kind of the irony because I’d actually say purely on looks that Texas has looked better than Bama this year. This isn’t the Bama of a few years ago.
Right but they didn't lose. Just like Washington isn't out because they tried to lose to a bunch of bad teams
OU lost to Kansas without their starting QB, OU lost to OK State who lost to South Alabama and UCF by 42, OU should have lost to UCF since you want to count the Auburn game as a loss
You're right--Bama isn't as good as they were in the past but if they beat Georgia they're in and we all know it.

True. Not the only game but easily the most important game. Both teams could play 100 more games and it will always be the most important.

Sadly, according to the Lando philosophy it doesn't count because of when it was played and in his OPINION it doesn't count for anything. The more you defend this the worse it sounds but keep it up you are entitled to your OPINION and we all know OPINION counts more than actual results.
It's not the most important if BAMA BEATS GEORGIA
In what world is a game 3 months ago the most important game?
When it was played absolutely matters--how does it not?
People can't come up with anything for Texas other than they beat Bama. That's when you know you lost.

Lando will never admit when his stupid logic is proven wrong - Bama loss at home to UT is worse than the UT loss and it doesnt make a damn bit of difference when they lost - UT beat Bama plain and simple and goes to The CFP if its a choice between the 2.

Lando will never admit when his stupid logic is proven wrong - Bama loss at home to UT is worse than the UT loss and it doesnt make a damn bit of difference when they lost - UT beat Bama plain and simple and goes to The CFP if its a choice between the 2.
you're going to be very confused tomorrow if you believe that

People have complained forever about how there's bias toward the SEC and now people believe the SEC is going to get left out completely if Bama beats Georgia and both are 12-1. Yet I'm the one using "stupid logic"--adorable

People have complained forever about how there's bias toward the SEC and now people believe the SEC is going to get left out completely if Bama beats Georgia and both are 12-1. Yet I'm the one using "stupid logic"--adorable
Actually you aren't using logic at all.

I am. You aren't. You're dismissing everything but Bama losing to Texas months ago
OK by your logic The Texas loss to OU was horrible and the AL loss to TX doesn't count because it was months ago. OK well by that logic why does the TX loss count because it was months ago? By your "logic" it shouldn't count. Also if the TX loss to OU months ago is horrible why isn't the AL loss to TX even more horrible months ago. Obviously by your "logic" TX is worse than OU so that loss is worse. Oh the humanity. I can't take the circles any more.

Why don't you just come out and admit that you don't think head to head matters if it doesn't give you the result you want and that the OPINION of a committee is more valuable than results on the field. It's fine to think that. Others may disagree but you insist on constantly defending your OPINION as the one true truth. Hate to break it to you, it's not.

I'm basing my OPINION on results on the field. I'm quite comfortable with that.

Reactions: GSPMax
OK by your logic The Texas loss to OU was horrible and the AL loss to TX doesn't count because it was months ago. OK well by that logic why does the TX loss count because it was months ago? By your "logic" it shouldn't count. Also if the TX loss to OU months ago is horrible why isn't the AL loss to TX even more horrible months ago. Obviously by your "logic" TX is worse than OU so that loss is worse. Oh the humanity. I can't take the circles any more.

Why don't you just come out and admit that you don't think head to head matters if it doesn't give you the result you want and that the OPINION of a committee is more valuable than results on the field. It's fine to think that. Others may disagree but you insist on constantly defending your OPINION as the one true truth. Hate to break it to you, it's not.

I'm basing my OPINION on results on the field. I'm quite comfortable with that.
H2H doesn't matter unless the teams are comparable. If Bama beats Georgia they're not comparable.

Alabama beat Miss State who beat Arizona who beat Oregon State who beat San Diego State who beat Ohio who beat Iowa State who beat Oklahoma State who bear Oklahoma who beat Texas. This is why you can't use only H2H.

Texas isn't worse than OU. H2H doesn't always prove who's better which is exactly my point. If Bama beats Georgia they're in.

H2H doesn't matter unless the teams are comparable. If Bama beats Georgia they're not comparable.

Alabama beat Miss State who beat Arizona who beat Oregon State who beat San Diego State who beat Ohio who beat Iowa State who beat Oklahoma State who bear Oklahoma who beat Texas. This is why you can't use only H2H.

Texas isn't worse than OU. H2H doesn't always prove who's better which is exactly my point. If Bama beats Georgia they're in.
Comparable? Texas BEAT Alabama. Why do you continue to ignore this? Alabama is not comparable to a team that beat it in Tuscaloosa. Bama with 1 loss is also not comparable to FSU who is undefeated and a conference champion.

Comparable? Texas BEAT Alabama. Why do you continue to ignore this? Alabama is not comparable to a team that beat it in Tuscaloosa. Bama with 1 loss is also not comparable to FSU who is undefeated and a conference champion.
Why do you ignore everything but that?
Bama with a win over Georgia isn't comparable to FSU--they're far better.

Beat them pretty handily as well.

lol Texas beat Bama by 10 at Bama. That is all I need to see who is better team. Doesn’t matter anyway after Georgia wins.

Yeah, there’s really no reasonable argument there. You have to take the 3 undefeateds so it comes down to 12-1 Texas versus 12-1 Bama and it’s just impossible to ignore the head to head result at Bama. There’s no mental gymnastics that could justify that in a way that wouldn’t cause rebellion among all the other teams
Except if you have oppositional defiance disorder.

Why do you ignore everything but that?
Bama with a win over Georgia isn't comparable to FSU--they're far better.
How do you know? They haven't played each other have they? Did I miss that event? Or is more accurately stated that in your OPINION Bama is better than FSU.

Even though I hope Georgia wins another title at this point i just want Bama to win so everyone will be confused tomorrow when it plays it. I don't believe for a second anyone truly believes the SEC would ever get left out. And I think you all know that which is why you're refusing to discuss any part of the resume other than the H2H

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT