ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

I agree this is a horrible take. PSU will obviously not get all of the great talent produced. But until another program steps up and can gather up enough studs to put a lineup out there that has studs top to bottom, our dynasty is safe. I don't see another program that is successfully bringing in top talent, KEEPING that talent, and growing that talent as well as PSU.

As Bo said in a recent podcast "PSU's approach is 20 years ahead of other programs".

Not sure I agree with this take. We are absolutely in a golden era of wrestling with a ton of great kids coming up. Still, the best of those kids are coming to PSU where they have the best coaches and training partners. I don’t see this dynasty ending anytime soon
Hmmm… I can’t say I disagree with you but there is a litany of circumstances that could end this way quicker than we would all like. Not going to list them because I think we all know that.

I am confident though Cael and company won’t be putting Dylan mulvaney in a penn state singlet to advertise the program . But not at all confident the university wouldn’t.

Not sure I agree with this take. We are absolutely in a golden era of wrestling with a ton of great kids coming up. Still, the best of those kids are coming to PSU where they have the best coaches and training partners. I don’t see this dynasty ending anytime soon
The sport is evolving because Cael is evolving it. At both the college and senior level.

Want a senior world medal? Go to NLWC.

Want to get into NLWC? Easiest path is by going to PSU.

Not sure where to put this. On FRL yesterday they said that Meyer Shapiro is confirmed to be going 157 this year. I think most thought he was going to be at 149. Now we get to see him vs Levi or Mesenbrink which will be incredible. That’s the match I’m really hoping we see

Not sure where to put this. On FRL yesterday they said that Meyer Shapiro is confirmed to be going 157 this year. I think most thought he was going to be at 149. Now we get to see him vs Levi or Mesenbrink which will be incredible. That’s the match I’m really hoping we see
Speaking of 157, an Iowa fan on FB was confident Anthony Ferrari (not on trial, but maybe the worst of the bunch) would whip all comers at 157.

Imagine Haines getting ahold of that Ferrari from top. Dare I say, Levi would “brutalize” him

Suppose this was the same meeting where the “ no biting” rule was discussed?
Season 2 Episode 2 Miniatures GIF by Best in Miniature

It's not really controversial (or particularly insightful) to say "all dynasties eventually end." The bad take part of this poster's comment to me is that it ignores the fact that other wrestling programs frequently have VERY strong recruiting classes, including many that on paper eclipsed PSU's haul in the same year. Heaven knows we've had our fair share of hand-wringers on this board that worried out loud about us too often missing out on the best "studs."

So the poster's premise is just wrong. We aren't getting all of the studs, or even most of them. It's what happens to wrestlers after they get here that sets Penn State apart. Coming under the tutelage of CCC seems to be the secret sauce, not recruitment rankings.

And that's why it's easy to be optimistic that this dynastic run could continue for much longer than the poster would apparently like to imagine.

It's not really controversial (or particularly insightful) to say "all dynasties eventually end." The bad take part of this poster's comment to me is that it ignores the fact that other wrestling programs frequently have VERY strong recruiting classes, including many that on paper eclipsed PSU's haul in the same year. Heaven knows we've had our fair share of hand-wringers on this board that worried out loud about us too often missing out on the best "studs."

So the poster's premise is just wrong. We aren't getting all of the studs, or even most of them. It's what happens to wrestlers after they get here that sets Penn State apart. Coming under the tutelage of CCC seems to be the secret sauce, not recruitment rankings.

And that's why it's easy to be optimistic that this dynastic run could continue for much longer than the poster would apparently like to imagine.
In related news, Ohio State has won a lot of Recruiting National Titles.

With the Journeyman classic on the schedule we should see Meyer twice. Maybe just maybe he will go 0-2 against PSU this year, wrestling two different kids. These are great times!

I am going to steal your use of "CCC". That is much quicker than the alternatives!

Reactions: PSUbluTX
Even tho he didn't follow flo when they purchased track wrestling, doesn't mean he's gone .

Great article from Nick Corey, definitely worth the read!

Reactions: danoftw
Even tho he didn't follow flo when they purchased track wrestling, doesn't mean he's gone .

Great article from Nick Corey, definitely worth the read!

Not that it matters much, but someone should tell Nick Corey, the author of the linked article, that JT Realmuto is a catcher, not a pitcher. JT is a nephew of John Smith.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT