ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

Not that it matters much, but someone should tell Nick Corey, the author of the linked article, that JT Realmuto is a catcher, not a pitcher. JT is a nephew of John Smith.
It says catcher I believe, atleast what I'm reading.

I’m not sure where to write this, so Ill do it here.

On Twitter, I see the one guy named “NLWC fan” has been posting pictures of the wrestlers in their official Penn State gear. As far as the freshman go, he has one for Wenzel, Davis, and Kasak. I haven’t seen one for Barr. Does anybody know if all the freshman enrolled this year or is anybody delaying? I had heard Nasdeo was greyshirting.

I’m not sure where to write this, so Ill do it here.

On Twitter, I see the one guy named “NLWC fan” has been posting pictures of the wrestlers in their official Penn State gear. As far as the freshman go, he has one for Wenzel, Davis, and Kasak. I haven’t seen one for Barr. Does anybody know if all the freshman enrolled this year or is anybody delaying? I had heard Nasdeo was greyshirting.
Forgive me for not being able to keep track of our plethora of studs but isnt Barr a HSSR?

Forgive me for not being able to keep track of our plethora of studs but isnt Barr a HSSR?
I can’t keep the straight either.

Article says capped off his HS career with 4th straight championship.

Plus, I listened to an interview with Alex Facundo that was posted in another thread, I believe he said he was rooming with Barr and two others. I know when I went to PSU freshman had to live on campus, I guess they did away with that rule.

Though I guess he could be grey shirting and living and working out in SC.

I wouldn't be shocked if Barr is greyshirting, it makes sense for flexibility purposes as it allows him to keep his redshirt (whether he uses it or not, it's not bad to keep it)

Similarly, I imagine if he is getting a full ride, it might have been required for him to greyshirt since we likely have some money coming off the books this year with AB and Starocci moving on.

Barr is 2023, on campus, and registered as a student.

"NLWC Fan" scrapes info from social media and tweets without attribution. Barr has put no Photo Day pics on Tweeter or Spacebook or Insta-ho, so nothing for that guy to post.

Whether that's evidence of a grayshirt ... PSU is notoriously slow to publish the roster, so it might be a while before we know officially if Barr is with the team or with NLWC.

Barr is 2023, on campus, and registered as a student.

"NLWC Fan" scrapes info from social media and tweets without attribution. Barr has put no Photo Day pics on Tweeter or Spacebook or Insta-ho, so nothing for that guy to post.

Whether that's evidence of a grayshirt ... PSU is notoriously slow to publish the roster, so it might be a while before we know officially if Barr is with the team or with NLWC.
Thanks for pointing this out. This account scraped my photos of the open practice prior to the NLWC golf event that I posted here and on FB, posted them on Twitter without attribution, even trimming off my watermark, and ignored me when I asked for attribution. He's scum.

If Barr is in the directory then he's enrolled and on the team. If he wanted to greyshirt, he wouldn't register, his clock started.

Barr just probably isn't a huge social media guy or just is behind a bit.

Thanks for pointing this out. This account scraped my photos of the open practice prior to the NLWC golf event that I posted here and on FB, posted them on Twitter without attribution, even trimming off my watermark, and ignored me when I asked for attribution. He's scum.
Ya know, their latest tweet included never before seen attribution—40 minutes ago. This board does indeed get results.

Reactions: Ja1339
If Barr is in the directory then he's enrolled and on the team. If he wanted to greyshirt, he wouldn't register, his clock started.

Barr just probably isn't a huge social media guy or just is behind a bit.
Maybe. Athletes can take some classes and still grayshirt. They just can't be on the roster or compete attached.

But, yeah, he's probably not doing that.

I thought you could take up to 9 (or under 12) credits before your clock started?
I know nothing but I thought you needed to be a full time student to participate in sports which is 12 credits and they drop it to 9 for football for the first semester .

Maybe things have changed.

Reactions: Ski
I think Imar was so good from an early age that he never really trained nor was exposed to the need to get off of his back.

Looking at his feeble attempts to do something from his back, was almost humorous, and unlike almost every other wrestler I have seen.

Am I wrong to have observed a type of tonic immobility with both the Nolf and Cenzo pins. Just like a shark that has no spacial reference ability to determine what to do when turned upside down.

Short of getting him on his back, he proved very very difficult to beat for everyone,... but Cenzo.

I think Imar was so good from an early age that he never really trained nor was exposed to the need to get off of his back.

Looking at his feeble attempts to do something from his back, was almost humorous, and unlike almost every other wrestler I have seen.

Am I wrong to have observed a type of tonic immobility with both the Nolf and Cenzo pins. Just like a shark that has no spacial reference ability to determine what to do when turned upside down.

Short of getting him on his back, he proved very very difficult to beat for everyone,... but Cenzo.
I think Cenzo had the strength to avoid getting man-handled by IMar, which was something he seemed to rely on.

I think Cenzo had the strength to avoid getting man-handled by IMar, which was something he seemed to rely on.

I miss all those inside trips.

Being a little vindictive , come ncaa time I’d even root for brands to be beat lewis. Nah I take that back …

Not only that, but who in the Illi room was good enough to GET Imar onto his back?

Reactions: District four
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT