ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Wrestling Session 5 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

Let's go Kerk!

finish-him-gif-1.gif
I think we have a winner for weirdest NCAA tourney post

285 Consolation Semifinal
Kerk vs Parris

Good action from both wrestlers early. Kerk with the deepest early shot but they go OOB on Parris’s sprawl. Things then settle down a bit. Kerk shrugs by, scrambles, shows incredible chain wrestling and gets the first TD! 2-0 Kerk! OOB with 1:09 to go! Parris escapes with 0:50 to go. 2-1. 0:33 RT. That’s how the first period ends.

Kerk chooses bottom. Sits out and gets the escape in 0:04! 3-1 Kerk! 0:29 RT for Kerk. Parris shoots and Kerk defends easily. Another Parris shot stuffed and Kerk shoots and finishes a beauty! 5-1 Kerk! OOB with 0:08 to go. 5-1 after two with 1:05 RT.

Parris chooses bottom. Kerk tries a tilt but Parris rolls through. Complete domination by Kerk. Has him flat as a pancake now. Stalemated as Kerk was dominating. Hate that. RT locked. 0:30 to go now. Mat return with 20 secs to go. Kerk wins 6-1! Will wrestle for 3rd!

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Edit: I see that Michigan’s max potential is still 0.5 points higher than our current points. I’m not changing the bold statement. Let’s be real. It is over and really was before Kerk’s win too.

Last edited:
TeamPointsMaximum
Potential
Semi
# 3rd-4th# 5th-6th# 7th-8th
Team Standings
Penn State
111.5​
144.5​
5​
1​
1​
Michigan
88​
112​
2​
4​
1​
3​

On the very, very edge of a championship right now. A small hair or a piece of straw will secure the 10th NCAA victory:

TeamPointsMaximum
Potential
Semi
# 3rd-4th# 5th-6th# 7th-8th
Team Standings
Penn State
111.5​
144.5​
5​
1​
1​
Michigan