ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Wrestling Session 5 - 2022 NCAA Championships Results and Discussion thread

As someone else said, in this tournament there should be a true second, at least at heavyweight. They definitely seeded that bracket wrong. And I say that with my tongue firmly held in cheek, I'm not actually proposing that.

Reactions: Fatmarc
They meant longer better is longer lol

thats-what-she-said-what-she-said.gif

Greg with a complete butt kicking of Paris. Impressive! Most Impressive! 6-1. Boom!

Still just amazed how Kerk consistently dominates Parris, Parris consistently dominates Cass (has majored Cass last 2 times they've wrestled) - yet Greg struggles with Cass. Very weird....

Something is wrong with ESPN’s current standings?? They don’t show tOSU with their number one classes, blackshirts, premier facilities in the top 10. Has to be an error
All the more reason for the recent batch of Tan Tom’s recruits to look at the portal in the years to come. Cael will have his pick 👍

This program is absolutely AMAZING when you think of how little we got out of 125, 157, no 165 and lock it up BEFORE the finals.........who would have bet that???????
I would have. This is the formula that we've used to win 8 Titles under Cael. 5-6 Hammers that score tons of bonus. The true differentiation is how our guys perform on Friday Night. Our "competition" consistently falls by the wayside, and we just keep stacking W's.

I don’t dislike Marinelli at all. Just Iowa fans that think everyone he wrestles is stalling when they get pushed around by him while he never takes a shot.
With Kemerer, Spencer and almost always DeSanto as the noted exceptions, that push for a stall call is an Iowa thing.
Gable taught it to art form. Drive to the edge, lower your stance and take a big, strong penetration step through your opponent to drive them off the mat. Gable would scream for a stall, Iowa fans would sing along "heeeeeesssss stttttaaaaallllliiiiinnnnnn" and after the second or third time a stall call went.
There is no artistry to the Brands method, just push someone OOBs and have TnT act the part of an idiot and the Iowa fans still sing along. Without the effort to keep it an art firm it isn't as effective.

The 3rd best wrestler in the country at 133, who should have been seeded 3rd, takes 3rd. What is next for ADS? I’m sure we haven’t seen the last of him in the sport.
I would be ok with him taking a run at internet message board moderator for a few days

j/k

I hope he is successful at whatever his next steps are. Lord knows his heart and passion will be in whatever he chooses.

I hope Dan is still alive when Iowa gets another shot at one a decade from now.
My prediction is that Iowa won’t challenge for another NCAA title until after the Brands brother’s contract extension expires. By then they will be largely irrelevant to college wrestling.

The 3rd best wrestler in the country at 133, who should have been seeded 3rd, takes 3rd. What is next for ADS? I’m sure we haven’t seen the last of him in the sport.
Serious question. Does he have any free style experience?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT