ADVERTISEMENT

The Lions actually out performed against NW

Those of us who have been fans for many decades realize that the biggest lemons laid by the Lions have often been on Saturday morning starts. I said during the game that they would wake up in the second half and they surely did. Have patience. This team is on the verge of greatness..

Older fans realike that 7+ minute "boring" scoring drives are the best defense.
Reactions: ncgolfer and BOSCO2

interesting study

as we all knew, fossil fuels DO receive substantial subsidies from the federal government, according to a new study requested by members of congress.

over the period of the study 2016-2022, fossil fuels received $24.5 billion in subsidies, representing 13% of total subsidies, but provides 60% of the nation's energy.

Renewables received $83.3 billion in subsidies but provided only 21% of domestic energy production.

end use sources accounted for the remainder

Here is the thing

Do lawyers even live in the same world as everyone else? They have some very strange takes on things.
Reactions: Ski and NCHawk55

Ryder Cup

IMHO, one of the best sporting events there is. Euros have dominated for the last several events until the last one. The US obliterated the Euros in the USA at Whistling Straits (one of the coolest courses I've ever seen) at the last event. Euros, with a very solid team, are motivated. At the same time, the US team includes some controversial picks. Justin Thomas had an awful year, for him, but was still picked because he is one of the most popular and, historically, successful Ryder Cup players who was eligible.

This year it is in Europe, Rome. The Euros did a lot of mathematical analysis and mapped out the golf course according to the Euro team's strengths. For example, the US team are longer hitters but tend to be a little off-center with their drives. So the Euros closed down the width of the fairway and roped off the spectators a lot further back so shots in the rough don't land in tramped down grass but fluffy rough. They also saw that the US team, for some reason, was really good at approach shots in the 125-yard range. So they tricked up that range and will force players into less than 100 or more than 140 for approach shots.

There is also a ton of analytics going into pairing, trying to get complimentary players. Both in terms of skill sets and mentality. Really solid players on both sides and maybe the best set of players ever.

Tomorrow's matchups.

Login to view embedded media

Charging you car with solar energy at night.

Did anyone see this coming?

Football Penn State 41, Northwestern 13 - Position Grades

Very rarely will you see a team score 41 points and have a poor report card on offense, but, well, here we are.

Also, sorry for the delay here. Listened to the first half of the game on the radio driving across the state for Dylan's wedding yesterday. Caught a series at Clay's house while I got dressed, and some of the 3rd quarter streaming on Clay's phone while he drove to the ceremony. Did not want to do my position grades until I had a chance to watch the game in full this afternoon.

We have a dude

For the first time, in a long time it appears that we have a guy at the helm who can make all of the throws that are necessary to be a complete QB.

Is this important? I would say that it is the most important attibute to have on your team.

My reasoning for this thought, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, and Herbert are the 4 most likely teams to win in the AFC........ and they are presumed to be the best QBs in the AFC. PSU seems to have a good OL.....very good RBs, pretty good WRs, but now we have a dude...... therefore we are in play for greatness in the next 2 years.

I was disappointed slightly in the Defense against WVU but in thinking about it, the upside that was presented by Allar......is what will take us to where we want to be, a real threat to tOSU and U of M.

Great game by Blue and White Tonight.

Just need a few improvements on O to be dominant

Through 5 games. it’s crazy how dominant our D is!!! No 4 in defensive stat for points allowed at 9/game, 20 sacks, lots of 3 and outs, 12 turnovers caused.

Although offense has been hot and cold, defense has given Offense no 1 time of possession at about 37 min out of 60 and many favorable field positions. Despite squandering some, O is no 15 In points at over 40. W Virginia is 4-1 and so is Iowa. Defense is great all over and depth is unreal.

Next three weeks, shore up right side of O line- get Cephas to learn playbook, get more passing plays to Warren and tight ends, get more plays to KLS, hopefully get Tre back and run to strengths— Singleton outside to left side than up the gut or right.

Next three weeks will be most important for coaching staff. Sept has been better than any of us would have imagined preseason. Allar is great for first yr starter, 9 TDs and 0 INTs and dealing with some adversity without losing will make him better.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT