ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive line next year

We lose starters Olu, Nourzad, Wormley, and Wallace. JB Nelson and Nick Dawkins have another year of eligibility but there’s no guarantee they use it.

The projected starting OL looks a little scary right now.

Tackles: Shelton, Williams?
Guards: Nelson, Vega
Center: Dawkins?

Depth with playing experience: Donkoh and ??

I’m thinking they are going to have to hit the portal for a couple of OL next year.

AI …why it’s dangerous.

AI looks at its own code and improves it. Double exponential self improvement technology.

You can program it to design vaccines or biological weapons.

Two things should never happen.
You shouldn’t teach it to code or hook it up to the internet. We’ve already done both.

Edward O. Wilson
Wilson 1929– American sociobiologist.

The real problem of humanity is the following: we have Paleolithic emotions, medieval institutions, and god-like technology.

No shit.

Interesting developments in OSU sex abuse case

Including asking the plaintiffs to pay for OSU court cases. Despite paying out $60 million so far...

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA

Rank the PSU DTs thus far this season...

Just an analysis exercise. How would you rank our DTs based on their performance this year thus far?

Mine:
1. Z Durant - Leads all DTs with 11 tackles and 4.5 TFL. Has added some weight without apparently losing quickness or explosiveness. I also think he is improving all the time. The best is yet to come with Zane and I'm very excited to see it.

2. D Ellies - Second in tackles for DTs with 9 and also has 2.5 TFL. Yes, it was Delaware, but he was dominant yesterday, a disruptive force who was all over the field and impacting the play even when not making tackles. His snap counts need to be increased.

3. C Izzard - Is third in DTs with 7 tackles and has 3 TFL. Actually leads all DTs with 2.5 sacks. He's also done all this with missing significant time due to injury and having fewer snaps than some others. Very impressed with Izzard.

4. J Van Den Berg - Is fourth in DT tackles with 4 and that has been in very limited time. He is on the shorter side, but definitely is incredibly strong and may present some matchup problems with certain O Linemen. I also think there is room for growth.

5. H Beamon - Have to be honest in the analysis. He has 3 tackles in 6 games, 0 TFL, and 0 sacks. I don't have the stats on snaps played per game but has to be among the leaders. Gotta call it as I see it and he simply hasn't lived up to his starting status or the faith that CJF and Diaz have placed in him. He gets pushed around by many O Linemen and should be relegated to 3rd string reps at this point.

6. K Artis - Has 2 tackles in extremely limited playing time. Big dude and we could use his size, but perhaps not a completely fair judgment, but he seems to lack quickness.

What do others think?

WE ARE!!!

I see Newsome (Gov CA) vetoed the gender affirmation bill last night

during the Firday night distraction (when news isn't reported and, if it is, few are listening). Weird that he had to veto a bill that takes the ability of parents to raise their kids out of their hands and into the govts. His statement was sound and that was "what is next? where does this end?". If that is the law, and courts make it OK to make home decisions away from parents on everything that they deem as "safety", where does it end? Can the state take a kid because he doesn't have a square meal? Because he likes country music? plays too many video games? is a Raiders fan?
Reactions: dailybuck777

Film Study - Diaz's blitzes and coverages vs. UMASS

PSU D FILM STUDY vs. UMASS

See Link. Another defensive snuff film basically. Only difference is we had Codutti highlight the complexities of Diaz's coverages and how he's disguising those different looks. We haven't really gotten into pass coverage before this season because the front seven has been so destructive (awesome problem for us to have) so we forced the issue to show what a pain in the arse this entire defensive scheme is for opposing offenses to decipher.
Reactions: lazydave841
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT