ADVERTISEMENT

125 this season

Third time for this Gif, Im guessing no one else was able to find any other ones of him either?

giphy.gif

Reactions: danoftw
Anyone care to make a friendly wager for Ayala vs Davis? 100$ to each others wrestling clubs? HWC and NLWC?

Anyone else notice how often Braeden messes with his singlet during matches? M&M does a bit too, but not as much as Davis.

Seems like one of our other studs in the past few years was often tugging at his singlet during matches. Bo maybe? Does Cael need to upgrade the team wardrobe?
I’ve always thought that as well, that a lot of our guys over the years have constantly pulled down the bottom of their singlet lol

Reactions: RandyL
Carver on a Friday night, got Ayala as a slight favorite.

If Braeden does win, really cements him as the one of the favorites in March.

I think Iowa wins 125,141,149. PSU wins everything else. Iowa is always pulling off an upset in big duals so it wouldn't surprise me too much if they won 4 weights. The upper half of the weight classes are bonus points(potential) everywhere for PSU.26=9

Carver on a Friday night, got Ayala as a slight favorite.

If Braeden does win, really cements him as the one of the favorites in March.

Yeah, I'm still pinching myself. With our results at 125 in the last 7 years, it's hard to believe Davis is for real.

No doubt he is a tough kid who could win, but Ayala is a slight favorite, IMO.

Yeah, I'm still pinching myself. With our results at 125 in the last 7 years, it's hard to believe Davis is for real.

No doubt he is a tough kid who could win, but Ayala is a slight favorite, IMO.
Ayala gets the edge in Carver, but Davis is a cool customer, so the Iceman may pull it off.

Last edited:
I don't really know where Ayala has a distinct advantage over him other than experience. He just doesn't make mistakes and rarely is OOP. I'll go with Ayala but I just know Davis can win this.

I think Iowa wins 125,141,149. PSU wins everything else. Iowa is always pulling off an upset in big duals so it wouldn't surprise me too much if they won 4 weights. The upper half of the weight classes are bonus points(potential) everywhere for PSU.26=9
You believe MM can bonus Caliendo? I do, but Iowa is pretty high on Cali right now.

You believe MM can bonus Caliendo? I do, but Iowa is pretty high on Cali right now.
Rightfully so. Caliendo is a really good wrestler who is going to get caught up in the wash a little at 165, but he’s looking like a sure fire AA once you get past the KOT/Carr/MM/Hamiti types, which is a very significant accomplishment this year.

Rightfully so. Caliendo is a really good wrestler who is going to get caught up in the wash a little at 165, but he’s looking like a sure fire AA once you get past the KOT/Carr/MM/Hamiti types, which is a very significant accomplishment this year.
IMO he's a possible, maybe probable AA, but not a lock. Ramirez is also ahead of him, maybe also Hall. Then you get into draws at nationals.

He did AA last year and beat Griffith, Fish, and Olejnik, so he is capable.

His next 4 matches are Amine, Psycho, Hamiti, Olejnik. We'll know a lot more after that.

I wouldn't even put him out of Hamiti range. The first 3 are the only ones I'd be surprised he beat this year.

I think Caliendo is a stud who will come to wrestle. Carr beat him worse than he does a lot of good guys because Caliendo wrestles to win instead of wrestling not to lose. He will press forward and take risk. The 3 point takedown would be the only reason I think this could end up as bonus. It just doesn't take much to get to 8. my prediction has way more to do with my feelings about MM than any slight on MC.

Let’s be fair to Braedon. Ayala’s not just a “slight” favorite. From Intermat, Drake’s beaten Volk (#7), crafty McKee (#11) twice, Smith (#12), Terukina (#25), and Griffin (#27) and lost to Ramos (#1) on late TD. Davis has beaten DeAug (#14), Kaylor (#15), and Berginc (#33).
Transitive (BD over Kaylor over Ayala) means little, but Carver can mean something (kid will have extra butterflies plus potential crowd-induced stalls against).
Make no mistake. Ayala is strong, fast, and a HEAVY favorite. A Davis win would be a HUGE upset that not only fixes his star in orbit but includes an imbedded bonus: The immediate sedation of CHA.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
Let’s be fair to Braedon. Ayala’s not just a “slight” favorite. From Intermat, Drake’s beaten Volk (#7), crafty McKee (#11) twice, Smith (#12), Terukina (#25), and Griffin (#27) and lost to Ramos (#1) on late TD. Davis has beaten DeAug (#14), Kaylor (#15), and Berginc (#33).
Transitive (BD over Kaylor over Ayala) means little, but Carver can mean something (kid will have extra butterflies plus potential crowd-induced stalls against).
Make no mistake. Ayala is strong, fast, and a HEAVY favorite. A Davis win would be a HUGE upset that not only fixes his star in orbit but includes an imbedded bonus: The immediate sedation of CHA.
Davis won't have butterflies. He's probably the most business-like guy we've had since Zain.

Heavy favorite also seems hyperbolic. Ayala should be favored but is beatable.

Davis won't have butterflies. He's probably the most business-like guy we've had since Zain.

Davis will have a few butterflies. They both are beatable. Toss up with a slight edge to Ayala at home

I didn't wrestle anywhere close to the level of 95% of you guys on the board. I had butterflies before all matches unless it was a total fish I knew I could play with and stick at will.
Is that because I'm normal or because I didn't wrestle at the level of 95% of you guys? 😆
Do the elite guys still get butterflies?

Last edited:
Reactions: pish69
I hope Davis pulls off the upset and pounds his chest while yelling at Tom. ”You could have at least should called me Tom“

Reactions: HikeNatParks
I can’t speak for all here but I can barely comprehend what’s happening at 125 in college rankings much less what these damn highschoolers are doing.
Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

Reactions: mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT