ADVERTISEMENT

2 weeks from tomorrow. We find out?

I am having a hard time putting that Chick Fila bowl behind me. I was there, albeit blackout drunk and we were missing many players, but that was a big letdown and I have lost confidence in this team until they prove otherwise. Still going to WVU game though. I know some of you feel the say way!
Based on a bowl game lol

Okay, all of last year. The bowl game was the most recent and most expensive.
Last year, against teams of WVU's quality, we were fine. Undefeated which is the only goal.
Michigan and Ohio State were the only issues last year and thankfully we avoid Michigan and Oregon this year
We can't ask for a better path to the playoff--WVU isn't a concern

- If this offense is Coach K's or CJF's "same Ole, same ole"
- If Allar has matured enough as a QB to make the difficult decisions and accurate passes at all levels of the field.
- If the WRs have actually improved and can get separation.
- If the OL veterans and newcomers look like a cohesive unit in their blocking & protections

- How much a difference the new DCs scheme will be from Diaz's and if they are more stout against the runs up the middle.
- If the new starters at CB are shutdown corners.
-Who gets trotted out to attempt FGs if required and are they accurate from 40 yds in.
What are you wanting to see?

The only question that needs answering for me will be answered on November 2nd.

God bless you. I know a thing or two about how lines work. lol

Not pretending WVU is good.? Just skeptical of PSU.

I could see line tightening to 8. Especially if word gets out that PSU has no wide out threats.

In any case, Vegas sees this as a competitive game. I have seen much stranger things than an opening game upset - especially against a team with a pulse. Vegas knows Franklin as good as anyone.

That Illinois game at homecoming a few years back has every gambling interest on alert.

Better yet, if you are so sure, you should make a fine amount of $ betting PSU.

Best of luck to you!

It's not a test. It's a typical weak Big XII team to start the season that's an easy win for most of the Bog Ten.
Stop trying to make our opponents better than they are falsely believing that makes us beating them more impressive.
We all know this has to be a win and that WVU isn't remotely close to us. Again, FPI has them winning less than 7 games. The gap on paper is ridiculous
Stop making them out to be a high school JV team. Not remotely close is a dumb statement. It is a test, 10 point line is not 30. With your logic we could only have the 3rd teamers play/true freshmen and beat them by 40. So are you taking bets we win by 40 or 50?

God bless you. I know a thing or two about how lines work. lol

Not pretending WVU is good.? Just skeptical of PSU.

I could see line tightening to 8. Especially if word gets out that PSU has no wide out threats.

In any case, Vegas sees this as a competitive game. I have seen much stranger things than an opening game upset - especially against a team with a pulse. Vegas knows Franklin as good as anyone.

That Illinois game at homecoming a few years back has every gambling interest on alert.

Better yet, if you are so sure, you should make a fine amount of $ betting PSU.

Best of luck to you!
You're still talking about the line which has zero meaning
Vegas does not see it as a competitive game--they set the line based on betting trends.
And a 10 point road favorite isn't a competitive game on paper which is why you keep talking about it magically dropping

Stop making them out to be a high school JV team. Not remotely close is a dumb statement. It is a test, 10 point line is not 30. With your logic we could only have the 3rd teamers play/true freshmen and beat them by 40. So are you taking bets we win by 40 or 50?
10 is a huge spread on the road
See--again you're talking about winning by a large amount. That's irrelevant.
We will win this game--if we don't we're nowhere near where everyone thinks we are. I don't care if we win by 3 or 60. A win is a win and we proved the last 2 years we win games like this.
This is the same as playing a mid-tier Big Ten game. It's a win
You and others simply want to pretend WVU is better than they are so you can claim it's an impressive win
Just show up, take care of business and build toward Ohio State. It's that damn simple
Watch OU vs WVU--WVU doesn't have a third of the talent we have.

Lando says: "Margin of victory is irrelevant. Just watch OU pound WVU for a huge margin of victory last year to see how this team stands no chance against us."

Gotta love LandoLogic.

Lando says: "Margin of victory is irrelevant. Just watch OU pound WVU for a huge margin of victory last year to see how this team stands no chance against us."

Gotta love LandoLogic.
Again this is illogical....go to the threads of our close games last year where I didn't complain and told everyone to relax we were fine.
And watch OU/WVU to see the skill level difference not the score. The score doesn't matter
All of last year I said we couldn't beat Ohio State or Michigan because our offense wouldn't be able to put up points. You can dislike me all you want but be accurate with your attacks. You're an idiot and don't need to make yourself look any less intelligent

10 is a huge spread on the road
See--again you're talking about winning by a large amount. That's irrelevant.
We will win this game--if we don't we're nowhere near where everyone thinks we are. I don't care if we win by 3 or 60. A win is a win and we proved the last 2 years we win games like this.
This is the same as playing a mid-tier Big Ten game. It's a win
You and others simply want to pretend WVU is better than they are so you can claim it's an impressive win
Just show up, take care of business and build toward Ohio State. It's that damn simple
Watch OU vs WVU--WVU doesn't have a third of the talent we have.
We should win but it is not an absolute lock (nothing is). The FPI is 77.6%. I and everyone on this board expects us to win but are smart enough to recognize we could be upset. It has nothing to do with us being "cowards" or wanting to "claim it is an impressive win" or other jibberish you concoct.

We should win but it is not an absolute lock (nothing is). The FPI is 77.6%. I and everyone on this board expects us to win but are smart enough to recognize we could be upset. It has nothing to do with us being "cowards" or wanting to "claim it is an impressive win" or other jibberish you concoct.
I can't tolerate the nonsense anymore. You're a coward if you're at all worried about WVU
Do you believe Georgia's fan base (who FPI puts even with us this year) would be worried about WVU? Of course not--they expect to win. You're all trying to make WVU better than they are because you don't admitting we have a weak schedule or stetting high expectations.
I'm done with the bullshit.
Any game "can be an upset". App State beat Michigan. Stanford was a 40 point dog when they beat USC in 07. That doesn't mean you express concern for the game or fail to acknowledge the gap that exists.
Again, I'm done with your buillshit. If you "expect" us to win stop trying to make this out to be a tough game. It shouldn't be and if it is then we have major problems
STOP THE BULLSHIT.

Again, for anyone too stupid to comprehend FPI
We're projected to win 10.2 games
WVU is projected to win 6.3 games--the same as Colorado and less than Pitt and Nebraska
This is game that, anyone with common sense, is expecting us to take care of business in but so many of you refuse to accept that reality.
Stop lowering your expectations--be a realist.

I can't tolerate the nonsense anymore. You're a coward if you're at all worried about WVU
Do you believe Georgia's fan base (who FPI puts even with us this year) would be worried about WVU? Of course not--they expect to win. You're all trying to make WVU better than they are because you don't admitting we have a weak schedule or stetting high expectations.
Any game "can be an upset". App State beat Michigan. Stanford was a 40 point dog when they beat USC in 07. That doesn't mean you express concern for the game or fail to acknowledge the gap that exists.
Again, I'm done with your buillshit. If you "expect" us to win stop trying to make this out to be a tough game. It shouldn't be and if it is then we have major problems
STOP THE BULLSHIT.
Wow, oh mods, can we ban this guy please. Out of control.

Reactions: cramx3
Again this is illogical....go to the threads of our close games last year where I didn't complain and told everyone to relax we were fine.
And watch OU/WVU to see the skill level difference not the score. The score doesn't matter
All of last year I said we couldn't beat Ohio State or Michigan because our offense wouldn't be able to put up points. You can dislike me all you want but be accurate with your attacks. You're an idiot and don't need to make yourself look any less intelligent

So when BYU barely lost to OU last year, could you see the skill level difference between the teams?

And when WVU blew BYU out, could you see the skill level difference of the teams?

I would have thought you’d have enough integrity to run and hide after your logical syllogism embarrassment.

At this point, I’m guessing you’re autistic and just don’t know how to act.

This is another variation of your “what happened happened. .. and what happened didn’t happen unless we decide it did” nonsense.

Hey ... explain the "logic" of your claim that WVU has a talent level a third of PSU. Show us the calcs on that "logical" statement.

Reactions: nickw79
STOP THE BULLSHIT.

I mean, we're used to your irrationality, but please explain how someone thinking a WVU football team could present problems for a PSU football team would make anyone a "coward."

Yikes.

So when BYU barely lost to OU last year, could you see the skill level difference between the teams?

And when WVU blew BYU out, could you see the skill level difference of the teams?

I would have thought you’d have enough integrity to run and hide after your logical syllogism embarrassment.

At this point, I’m guessing you’re autistic and just don’t know how to act.

This is another variation of your “what happened happened. .. and what happened didn’t happen unless we decide it did” nonsense.

Hey ... explain the "logic" of your claim that WVU has a talent level a third of PSU. Show us the calcs on that "logical" statement.
"barely lost" aka they won
WVU/BYU didn't have a skill difference--watch it again
lol--I'm autistic because I don't tolerate nonsense on a message point
Do you want draft numbers regarding the two programs? The different is immense

I mean, we're used to your irrationality, but please explain how someone thinking a WVU football team could present problems for a PSU football team would make anyone a "coward."

Yikes.
They won't present problem unless we play down to their level
You're a coward if you can't accept the expectations and acknowledge this, on paper, isn't competitive
Again, FPI proves that. 10.2 - 6.3 win projection. The game isn't close on paper.

They won't present problem unless we play down to their level
You're a coward if you can't accept the expectations and acknowledge this, on paper, isn't competitive
Again, FPI proves that. 10.2 - 6.3 win projection. The game isn't close on paper.

Kid, I asked you how it makes someone a coward … I didn’t ask you to restate your unfounded claim that it does make them cowards.

It could make them ill-informed. It could make them even unintelligent (if there was evidence of other poor analyses) … but a coward? Explain your illogical characterization.

Or are you running away from this craziness like you did with your inability to put forth a logical syllogism to support your craziness in the other thread? Running away … like a coward.

Last edited:
Kid, I asked you how it makes someone a coward … I didn’t ask you to restate your unfounded claim that it does make them cowards.

It could make them ill-informed. It could make them even unintelligent (if there was evidence of other poor analyses) … but a coward? Explain your illogical characterization.

Or are you running away from this craziness like you did with your inability to put forth a logical syllogism to support your craziness in the other thread? Running away … like a coward.
And I explained--"you're a coward if"
Coward--they lack the courage to acknowledge WVU isn't good and this is an easy win. It's a simple concept for most.
When did I ever run away from anything--all that happened what others said you were insane and illogical which you continue to prove

And I explained--"you're a coward if"
Coward--they lack the courage to acknowledge WVU isn't good and this is an easy win. It's a simple concept for most.
When did I ever run away from anything--all that happened what others said you were insane and illogical which you continue to prove

Why would not acknowledging another team isn’t good make one a coward?

Again, that’s nonsensical.

You might as well claim someone’s a coward because they think a certain dress is orange, rather than yellow.

I asked you to put forward the logical syllogism to support your claim in the other thread … you ran away. Like a coward.

And show us the calc to support WVU having 1/3 our talent. Don’t be a coward. Again.

Why would not acknowledging another team isn’t good make one a coward?

Again, that’s nonsensical.

You might as well claim someone’s a coward because they think a certain dress is orange, rather than yellow.

I asked you to put forward the logical syllogism to support your claim in the other thread … you ran away. Like a coward.

And show us the calc to support WVU having 1/3 our talent. Don’t be a coward. Again.
Because they aren't good--FPI proves that
You don't make demands on what I do--I've explained 900 times why you're wrong about me not following what happened, happened
Since 2020--Penn State has had 32 players drafted--WVU had 5--if anything I'm underselling it.
That will continue to trend--we can also use star ratings but you don't understand football or math or the English language or anything so...be better.
You're always wrong--this is why you're on screenname 226

And, this, @LandoComando, is what rationality and logic look like. You're the other guy.

Being wrong about how much of a "lock" or a favorite we are wouldn't make someone a coward.

Cowardice doesn't come into that determination at all.

And I've asked you repeatedly to explain how you think it does, and you just keep going in a circle.

Here, let me help you, since you're struggling with this ...

Someone says 2+2=5. They aren't cowards because they're wrong. They may not understand basic math, or they may be incapable of understanding basic math. They could be uneducated, stupid or both. But they aren't cowards because they don't understand the sum of 2 and 2.

Now, if a little guy comes up to you and threatens to punch you in the face ... and you run away crying ... that is likely a cowardly act.

So, how in the hell is not agreeing that WVU is so bad that they stand absolutely no chance of ever winning a game against us something that is cowardly?

You don't make demands on what I do--

Actually, I do. And you consistently fail to respond in a logical and reasonable manner.

I've explained 900 times why you're wrong about me not following what happened, happened

No, you haven't. You've rambled nonsensically, but you've never put forth a logical explanation for your failures.

Since 2020--Penn State has had 32 players drafted--WVU had 5--if anything I'm underselling it.
That will continue to trend--we can also use star ratings but you don't understand football or math or the English language or anything so...be better.

Yeah, none of what you just said is meaningful to the topic at hand.

Others appear to be taking a reasonable approach to the outlook on this game ... whether or not I agree with them entirely ... they're being measured and logical. You're out here taking extremist positions and then shouting about cowardice.

It's weird, dude. And it's a pattern with you. Hence my previous characterization of you ... you share traits with those on the spectrum.

You don't make demands on what I do--I've explained 900 times why you're wrong about me not following what happened, happened

Lando, calm down, you're making a spectacle of yourself in this thread.

West Virginia is a good team. They got some votes in the AP poll...though fell short of making the top-25. They've got weapons on offense, to include a seasoned dual-threat QB. They're coming off a 9-win season. They'll be sky high for this game in front of a raucous home-town crowd.

For us to open the season playing that team in that environment with a pair of new coordinators is a challenge. Everybody gets that except you with your weird (but familiar) insistence that the game is a "lay-up."

If we do end up pulling away and winning in comfortable fashion, which is far from a sure thing, then that's credit to us...not a knock on West Virginia.

At the risk of scandalizing you further, there are no "lay-ups" on our schedule except the glorified scrimmages against Bowling Green and Kent State. Below the level of the Ohio States and Georgias, there is a lot of parity in college football...a lot of good players on a lot of teams. The on-any-given-Saturday rule has never been in more effect. You have to be ready to play every week. Fortunately, I think our coaches and players get that...even if you don't.

West Virginia is a good team. They got some votes in the AP poll...though fell short of making the top-25. They've got weapons on offense, to include a seasoned dual-threat QB. They're coming off a 9-win season. They'll be sky high for this game in front of a raucous home-town crowd.

For us to open the season playing that team in that environment with a pair of new coordinators is a challenge. Everybody gets that except you with your weird (but familiar) insistence that the game is a "lay-up."

If we do end up pulling away and winning in comfortable fashion, which is far from a sure thing, then that's credit to us...not a knock on West Virginia.

At the risk of scandalizing you further, there are no "lay-ups" on our schedule except the glorified scrimmages against Bowling Green and Kent State. Below the level of the Ohio States and Georgias, there is a lot of parity in college football...a lot of good players on a lot of teams. The on-any-given-Saturday rule has never been in more effect. You have to be ready to play every week. Fortunately, I think our coaches and players get that...even if you don't.
He unfortunately becomes insufferable at times and other times he can be ok to banter back and forth. I am having a hard time believing that WVU is a simple layup when they were pretty good last year and the relevant rankings and ratings preseason this year have them in a 29-33 range. We also have them on the road, which can be a very tough place. We probably get to the spread or slightly beat the spread in the end, but it will be tight for much of the game.

Reactions: bison13 and Jerry

And your last two sentences are exactly my point. If we're ready to play we'll beat WVU and we will be ready to play against them. That has changed over the last two years

WVU is not a good team. 6.3 wins by FPI isn't a good team. That's a team we are far superior to proven by the 10.2 wins.

On paper, we're on par with Texas Georgia and Ohio State. Only Oregon, on paper, is superior to us in the entire country per FPI.

And Greene is an inaccurate QB that lives on jump balls. Watch what OU did to him by setting the edge and forcing him to try to read a defense.

Getting votes in the coaches or AP poll doesn't mean anything other than someone thinks that maybe you have a chance to be decent and after the clear cut top 15 they're just throwing names on their ballot. Let's see how many votes they have after they play a game.

He unfortunately becomes insufferable at times and other times he can be ok to banter back and forth. I am having a hard time believing that WVU is a simple layup when they were pretty good last year and the relevant rankings and ratings preseason this year have them in a 29-33 range. We also have them on the road, which can be a very tough place. We probably get to the spread or slightly beat the spread in the end, but it will be tight for much of the game.
Because the gap between Penn State (who is 2-6) in win projection and WVU (who is the equal of Colorado and below Pitt) is absurd.
You're still talking about margin of victory. I don't care about the margin. We can win by 1 and I'm happy. The point is we win this game not by 60. Same reason many here freaked our last year any time a team hung around for a half and I would tell everyone to relax.
We're a clear cut top 10 team (probably higher when you take the opinion out of it) and shouldn't have any issue with a team "receiving votes"
Again, would Ohio State or Georgia fans be worried about WVU...of course not. They worry about Bama and Michigan. Hell does Ohio State even worry about us?

And your last two sentences are exactly my point. If we're ready to play we'll beat WVU and we will be ready to play against them.
What does "ready to play" mean? Every team works hard to prepare for the season. Do you think Toledo had better players than PSU back in 2000? Do you think Ohio had better players in 2012 or Illinois had better players in 2021?

PSU certainly has higher ranked recruits but that doesn't guarantee a win. The 10 pt line vs WVa is a pretty good indication that a lot of people think WVa will be competitive in this game. ESPN says PSU has a 77% chance of winning this game. I think that's pretty accurate. It's not a 99% chance. PSU's talent advantage should prevail (77% chance) but WVa has enough talent to make the game competitive and a couple of mistakes by PSU could spell trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: bison13
What does "ready to play" mean? Every team works hard to prepare for the season. Do you think Toledo had better players than PSU back in 2000? Do you think Ohio had better players in 2012 or Illinois had better players in 2021?

PSU certainly has higher ranked recruits but that doesn't guarantee a win. The 10 pt line vs WVa is a pretty good indication that a lot of people think WVa will be competitive in this game. ESPN says PSU has a 77% chance of winning this game. I think that's pretty accurate. It's not a 99% chance. PSU's talent advantage should prevail (77% chance) but WVa has enough talent to make the game competitive and a couple of mistakes by PSU could spell trouble.
We weren't "ready to play"---we were poorly coached and the team greatly underachieved because Paterno should have walked away
A 10 point road favored is not a "competitive game". 77% of winning is huge--and you'll see that drift up immediately once it's kicked.
They do not have enough talent to beat us (5 players drafted since 2020 and recruiting hasn't improved) to beat us if we bring even our C game--see last year.

We weren't "ready to play"---we were poorly coached and the team greatly underachieved because Paterno should have walked away
A 10 point road favored is not a "competitive game". 77% of winning is huge--and you'll see that drift up immediately once it's kicked.
They do not have enough talent to beat us (5 players drafted since 2020 and recruiting hasn't improved) to beat us if we bring even our C game--see last year.
What is with your endless repetition of certain points?

Do you have some psychological need to have the last word? Or to be considered the smartest person around?

If you're not already aware, please realize your act gets old. Nothing wrong with making a point, but not over and over and over....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT