ADVERTISEMENT

2 weeks from tomorrow. We find out?

What is with your endless repetition of certain points?

Do you have some psychological need to have the last word? Or to be considered the smartest person around?

If you're not already aware, please realize your act gets old. Nothing wrong with making a point, but not over and over and over....
I don't care if it gets old or not--if people don't seem to comprehend it I'll continue to state it. Unlike you, it doesn't bother me.

Because the gap between Penn State (who is 2-6) in win projection and WVU (who is the equal of Colorado and below Pitt) is absurd.
You're still talking about margin of victory. I don't care about the margin. We can win by 1 and I'm happy. The point is we win this game not by 60. Same reason many here freaked our last year any time a team hung around for a half and I would tell everyone to relax.
We're a clear cut top 10 team (probably higher when you take the opinion out of it) and shouldn't have any issue with a team "receiving votes"
Again, would Ohio State or Georgia fans be worried about WVU...of course not. They worry about Bama and Michigan. Hell does Ohio State even worry about us?
O$U and Georgia are better than PSU…why they make 4-team playoff nearly every year.

Reactions: bison13
Lando, calm down, you're making a spectacle of yourself in this thread.

West Virginia is a good team. They got some votes in the AP poll...though fell short of making the top-25. They've got weapons on offense, to include a seasoned dual-threat QB. They're coming off a 9-win season. They'll be sky high for this game in front of a raucous home-town crowd.

For us to open the season playing that team in that environment with a pair of new coordinators is a challenge. Everybody gets that except you with your weird (but familiar) insistence that the game is a "lay-up."

If we do end up pulling away and winning in comfortable fashion, which is far from a sure thing, then that's credit to us...not a knock on West Virginia.

At the risk of scandalizing you further, there are no "lay-ups" on our schedule except the glorified scrimmages against Bowling Green and Kent State. Below the level of the Ohio States and Georgias, there is a lot of parity in college football...a lot of good players on a lot of teams. The on-any-given-Saturday rule has never been in more effect. You have to be ready to play every week. Fortunately, I think our coaches and players get that...even if you don't.
He thinks we are all "cowards" because we think WVU is a decent team and it can be a competitive game. In his warped mind since we are a favorite we should not even consider the scenario about losing. That is cowardly to think we could lose. Since we won games like this last year we will do it this year because we should be in the running for a playoff spot. Not arrogantly beating your chest and not saying WVU has no chance and is not remotely close to Penn State means you are a coward. Freaky. He has doubled down in this thread or tripled down just to be overly argumentative and confrontational.

He thinks we are all "cowards" because we think WVU is a decent team and it can be a competitive game. In his warped mind since we are a favorite we should not even consider the scenario about losing. That is cowardly to think we could lose. Since we won games like this last year we will do it this year because we should be in the running for a playoff spot. Not arrogantly beating your chest and not saying WVU has no chance and is not remotely close to Penn State means you are a coward. Freaky. He has doubled down in this thread or tripled down just to be overly argumentative and confrontational.
Vegas say 1/4 chance to lose…not too far-fetched.

And your last two sentences are exactly my point. If we're ready to play we'll beat WVU and we will be ready to play against them. That has changed over the last two years

WVU is not a good team. 6.3 wins by FPI isn't a good team. That's a team we are far superior to proven by the 10.2 wins.

On paper, we're on par with Texas Georgia and Ohio State. Only Oregon, on paper, is superior to us in the entire country per FPI.

And Greene is an inaccurate QB that lives on jump balls. Watch what OU did to him by setting the edge and forcing him to try to read a defense.

Getting votes in the coaches or AP poll doesn't mean anything other than someone thinks that maybe you have a chance to be decent and after the clear cut top 15 they're just throwing names on their ballot. Let's see how many votes they have after they play a game.

We're not playing the FPI. We're playing West Virginia...and it's a challenge for the reasons that I and others have outlined.

FPI is a computed statistic...among a hundred others. The games are not won by statistical computations but rather on the field.

What is with your endless repetition of certain points?

Do you have some psychological need to have the last word? Or to be considered the smartest person around?

If you're not already aware, please realize your act gets old. Nothing wrong with making a point, but not over and over and over....

Lando is on a crusade to antagonize everyone on the board.

Yet there's something oddly entertaining about it.

Every now and then he does get something right...but not in this thread.

Same song and dance again this year. If PSU wins it was against a lousy team and nothing more than a scrimmage, if PSU loses it is because the coaches are not using the personnel properly, not raising enough money to buy the right players, fans are living in the past, or it's a new game now. Quite boring and the act is getting old.

Less than 3 years on this site. Over 15,000 posts. That works out to about 15 per day, every day for almost 3 years. Some people think what they think is the only way to think.

"A healthy male bore consumes each year one and a half times his own weight in other people's patience." John Updike

Reactions: cramx3 and bison13
Correct....pretending WVU is on our level to where we should have any concern is cowardly

Same song and dance again this year. If PSU wins it was against a lousy team and nothing more than a scrimmage, if PSU loses it is because the coaches are not using the personnel properly, not raising enough money to buy the right players, fans are living in the past, or it's a new game now. Quite boring and the act is getting old.

Less than 3 years on this site. Over 15,000 posts. That works out to about 15 per day, every day for almost 3 years. Some people think what they think is the only way to think.

"A healthy male bore consumes each year one and a half times his own weight in other people's patience." John Updike
15 a day is nothing...
There's no excuse for losing and yes WVU is not a big win if we do
It's no different than those that want to make WVU into something they aren't just to claim we beat a good team or nothing is Franklin's fault
I'm happy with Franklin. He has us projected to be on par or better than everyone in the country other than Oregon. Now he has to execute.
Anyone slightly concerned about WVU needs to raise their expectations. It's not debatable. A 3.9 difference in projected win total when they play in a weak Big XII without Texas or OU

Oh look, yet another thread where Lando argues a point exhaustively, beating another topic to death. Dude has made almost 30 posts in a half day since saying he's "done with this bullshit." 🤣

This endless bickering adds nothing to the board. Just let it go man, step away from the keyboard. Every damn thread here ends up this way.

Last edited:
Oh look, yet another thread where Lando argues a point exhaustively, beating another topic to death. Dude has made almost 30 posts in a half day since saying he's "done with this bullshit." 🤣

This endless bickering adds nothing to the board. Just let it go man, step away from the keyboard. Every damn thread here ends up this way.
I'm good

200w.gif

FanDuel has -9.5 today as I just logged on to check. been going between 9.5 and 10.5. -9.5 is great betting line in my opinion
I can easily see a game where PSU leads by 7 at half. Then they trade TDs in the 3rd quarter before PSU kicks a FG in the 4th quarter to win by 10. WVa is forced to throw and PSU seals the win with a turnover.

This is why I have had him on ignore for months. And why everyone else should, too.

Threads get ruined. Have to scan through countless people feeding his ego and desperate need for attention.

There should be a limit of some sort. Ten per day. Or ten per thread. Shame that one person can hijack numerous threads.🤷🏿‍♂️

This is why I have had him on ignore for months. And why everyone else should, too.

Threads get ruined. Have to scan through countless people feeding his ego and desperate need for attention.

There should be a limit of some sort. Ten per day. Or ten per thread. Shame that one person can hijack numerous threads.🤷🏿‍♂️
You literally respond to me at times

I can't tolerate the nonsense anymore. You're a coward if you're at all worried about WVU
Do you believe Georgia's fan base (who FPI puts even with us this year) would be worried about WVU? Of course not--they expect to win. You're all trying to make WVU better than they are because you don't admitting we have a weak schedule or stetting high expectations.
I'm done with the bullshit.
Any game "can be an upset". App State beat Michigan. Stanford was a 40 point dog when they beat USC in 07. That doesn't mean you express concern for the game or fail to acknowledge the gap that exists.
Again, I'm done with your buillshit. If you "expect" us to win stop trying to make this out to be a tough game. It shouldn't be and if it is then we have major problems
STOP THE BULLSHIT.
Georgia wasn't worried in 05. They learned a hard lesson.

• Love
Reactions: The Spin Meister
You guys have had issues making meaningless bowl games. Georgia was the SEC champion
In 2005 Penn State won the Big Ten and was ranked higher than Georgia but still, like Georgia and WVU, played in a meaningless bowl game.
If Penn State's had issues making meaningless bowl games then how would you describe WVU's lack of relevance?

Good thread (well, for the most part other than a random 8-year old Star Wars fan chiming in).

Here's some updates from the WVU side relevant to this thread...

- Mulbah is indeed pegged to either start or be 1B at the NT position. He came on as the year went on last year and has really impressed in camp.

- WVU's LBs are going to be much better this season, and a strength. Jeremiah Trotter is the MLB who missed all of 2023 and is now slotted to start in the middle. He is a big, fast kid with NFL pedigree. Tray Lathan was lost for the season last year during the TCU game, and he is back to full speed. He was WVU's best LB last year when he played, and he'll start at Weak side, and can slide to Middle.

- Whispers from Fall Camp that a 4-star WR true freshman named RicDarius Farmer will play - he's got wiggle and is very fast.

- The Garrett Greene you saw in Happy Valley last year is not the Garrett Greene who finished the year for WVU, and will not be the same Cat you see on August 31. He's much, much better, a lot more confident, and is less apt to take off if his first read isn't there.

- PSU did not face Jahiem White last year, WVU's now co-starting tailback (along with CJ Donaldson). White is a smaller dynamo type back, shifty and fast once he hits open field. Averaged 7.7 ypc last season, and also caught a couple TD passes on swing routes.

- WVU's obvious weakness is the secondary. I believe that both of WVU's starting corners will be transfers (one from Northwestern, one from Duquesne). A focus this Fall Camp has been dialing up the pass rush to give our corners less time to cover.

- Some sharps started putting money down on WVU earlier this week and moved the line to -8.5. Bellagio even had it at -8 from today. Big movement over the past few weeks.

- Yes, it's a noon kick and noon kicks do not carry the same level of inebriation as a 7:30pm kick. However, Morgantown is on fire for this game. The level of confidence in this WVU team is at a level I have not seen since 2018, and our fans are extremely excited to play Penn State at home for the first time since 1992. Fox will be broadcasting live from the tailgate scene, the lot will be filled at 7am, and the stands will be packed. It's going to be fun - I invite any PSU fan wandering through the Light Blue lot to stop by for a beer, Moonshine and pepperoni rolls.

Good thread (well, for the most part other than a random 8-year old Star Wars fan chiming in).

- Mulbah is indeed pegged to either start or be 1B at the NT position. He came on as the year went on last year and has really impressed in camp.

- WVU's LBs are going to be much better this season, and a strength. Jeremiah Trotter is the MLB who missed all of 2023 and is now slotted to start in the middle. He is a big, fast kid with NFL pedigree. Tray Lathan was lost for the season last year during the TCU game, and he is back to full speed. He was WVU's best LB last year when he played, and he'll start at Weak side, and can slide to Middle.

- Whispers from Fall Camp that a 4-star WR true freshman named RicDarius Farmer will play - he's got wiggle and is very fast.

- The Garrett Greene you saw in Happy Valley last year is not the Garrett Greene who finished the year for WVU, and will not be the same Cat you see on August 31. He's much, much better, a lot more confident, and is less apt to take off if his first read isn't there.

- PSU did not face Jahiem White last year, WVU's now co-starting tailback (along with CJ Donaldson). White is a smaller dynamo type back, shifty and fast once he hits open field. Averaged 7.7 ypc last season, and also caught a couple TD passes on swing routes.

- WVU's obvious weakness is the secondary. I believe that both of WVU's starting corners will be transfers (one from Northwestern, one from Duquesne). A focus this Fall Camp has been dialing up the pass rush to give our corners less time to cover.

- Some sharps started putting money down on WVU earlier this week and moved the line to -8.5. Bellagio even had it at -8 from today. Big movement over the past few weeks.

- Yes, it's a noon kick and noon kicks do not carry the same level of inebriation as a 7:30pm kick. However, Morgantown is on fire for this game. The level of confidence in this WVU team is at a level I have not seen since 2018, and our fans are extremely excited to play Penn State at home for the first time since 1992. Fox will be broadcasting live from the tailgate scene, the lot will be filled at 7am, and the stands will be packed. It's going to be fun - I invite any PSU fan wandering through the Light Blue lot to stop by for a beer, Moonshine and pepperoni rolls.
Great write up. Been telling people all summer that your QB is vastly improved over last year.

Thanks for stopping by and giving us your update. Good info. Glad Mulbah has found a home for more PT. Looking forward to the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: eer2000

Whispers and reports from camp typically hold little water. When PSU hears whispers that a freshman receiver is turning heads, it either means we won't see him all season or else the rest of the WR's stink. Sometimes both.

I don't doubt Greene will be better. I think we can say the same thing regarding Drew and our offense. Should be fun to see who comes out on top.

As a PSU fan, I'm encouraged to hear about your secondary and to a lesser extend the LB's. Should help to get our passing game jump started. If our experience running backs can't pick up a blitzing cornerback, it will be a long season.

Whispers and reports from camp typically hold little water.
LOL - I actually was going to type these exact words after I mentioned our true frosh WR, but left it unsaid. It's very true, but we'll see. Last year we were told Rodney Gallagher would play a big role at Penn State, and he didn't log a single snap on offense.

Speaking of Rodney Gallagher, Head Coach Neal Brown has made the decision to play him both ways this season - as a slot WR and as a corner. He said recently that Gallagher was "the best man coverage corner we have". Gallagher showed flashes of raw talent last year, mainly on end-arounds and reverses, running the ball. It's going to be interesting to see how WVU will use him in 2024. I know he was on PSU's recruiting radar for a while...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT