ADVERTISEMENT

2019 B1G Championship Session 1 Thread

Great 1st Session.

Knew RBY and Luke was a tossup either way ... time to see how he rebounds in consolations, lot more wrestling to be done.

Rough finish for Devin. Was hoping he could at least win that one to get half a point for the team and give himself a shot at the 9 spot. Tough kid, does all he can.

Reactions: danoftw
2019 Big Ten Championships
Team Standings after quarters
Team

Penn State 77
Minnesota 52.5
Ohio State 52.5
Michigan 45
Nebraska 42.5
Iowa 33
Wisconsin 26
Rutgers 22.5
Northwestern 19.5
Purdue 16
Michigan State 14
Illinois 13.5
Indiana 4
Maryland 0

Penn State with eight in the semis.

Guess that's it for Devin this year ...

To Devin:

You represent what a PSU wrestler is all about and it goes beyond the team trophies, individual titles, AAs, Sportscenter higlights and bonus point wins. You come in everyday, think of the team first and give it your very best. If you don't represent PSU in another dual or B1G tournament, you'll still have a special place in my heart. That being said, I still don't plan to write you off. Come back hungrier and bigger and fight for that 125 spot you have manned for most of the last 2 years.

Are the quarterfinals over now? I was trying to find the view all four mats option on my tablet, but now I can't find any of the wrestling...

Team

Penn State 77
Minnesota 52.5
Ohio State 52.5
Michigan 45
Nebraska 42.5
Iowa 33
Wisconsin 26
Rutgers 22.5
Northwestern 19.5
Purdue 16
Michigan State 14
Illinois 13.5
Indiana 4
Maryland 0

Iowa slips off the edge. o_O

Reactions: breno14
Are semi finals tonight? I’ve looked a few places and either the blue moon is kicking in or time to schedule another eye appointment.

They started early. Even before Bowman wrestled his first match, a guy called Vak posted:

“Bowman up on Mat 4. Lets see if he can not poop his pants in the 1st period.”

Funny people on HR!
Poopie pants in the 3 ring binder right after Phony tough guy and right before Pretend to take half-shot to draw stall call

Reactions: Dogwelder
hopefully psu posters let them alone. No point in getting in the way of a circular firing squad.
I agree, watching is such great theatre (schadenfreude), but when an opposing fan involves themselves it allows then to divert they focus from their own misery and attack the other program/fanbase.

Reactions: danoftw
Team

Penn State 77
Minnesota 52.5
Ohio State 52.5
Michigan 45
Nebraska 42.5
Iowa 33
Wisconsin 26
Rutgers 22.5
Northwestern 19.5
Purdue 16
Michigan State 14
Illinois 13.5
Indiana 4
Maryland 0

Wow, Iowa.

Guess that's it for Devin this year ...

To Devin:

You represent what a PSU wrestler is all about and it goes beyond the team trophies, individual titles, AAs, Sportscenter higlights and bonus point wins. You come in everyday, think of the team first and give it your very best. If you don't represent PSU in another dual or B1G tournament, you'll still have a special place in my heart. That being said, I still don't plan to write you off. Come back hungrier and bigger and fight for that 125 spot you have manned for most of the last 2 years.
Not quite. 125 still has the mini-bracket for 9th. So he's not quite done... But, a very nice anyway.

Tom doesnt shy away from the camera and he always has an answer to a question

Not quite. 125 still has the mini-bracket for 9th. So he's not quite done... But, a very nice anyway.

I could be wrong but I think he had to win one on the backside to get into the bracket. Per the PSU Wrestling Twitter, he's done.

Reactions: dsites52
After he got the first takedown I thought he might have figured something out, but he just can't finish on Conan.

We shall see how he does against the biggest of boys. He faces Fletcher Miller of IU next (should win) and then Jensen from Nebraska who looks bigger than Conan. Is it the big boys that give him problems or is it just Conan? We shall see...

It's March again. The March meltdown is how I remember to set my clock ahead an hour. Check back next month.

It's slightly early for this level of HR meltdown. Usually it's after Friday of NCAAs. However, with all of their hopes and dreams on 2020 it makes sense. Their team doesn't look ready to compete for a NC for years and years.

Annoyed that Nolf and Lee's quarters are not actually archived on Flo right now. Both of them load a still image from another match. Hope they get 'em back--I was watching Berge's match and missed a Nolf pin.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
It's slightly early for this level of HR meltdown. Usually it's after Friday of NCAAs. However, with all of their hopes and dreams on 2020 it makes sense. Their team doesn't look ready to compete for a NC for years and years.

They aint winnin shit in 2020, with Lee a lock for ORS

Reactions: matwizard09
If Moisey loses to Schroder, which is totally possible - he's in danger of missing the tournament all together, after being a finalist before ... wow.

Annoyed that Nolf and Lee's quarters are not actually archived on Flo right now. Both of them load a still image from another match. Hope they get 'em back--I was watching Berge's match and missed a Nolf pin.

It's on penn state wrestling twitter account, or at least the last 20 seconds or so.

Reactions: nerfstate
Has a second round consolation match against Jens of Wisconsin tonight.
Pretty sure there are 2 rounds of consolations in the evening session tonight. If RBY beats Lantz tonight he would face the Duncan/Valdiriez winner later on tonight.

Really? I was watching Berge as well, and it was a clear view of Jason's Cradle on the mat directly behind Berge/Lugo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT