ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

I'm sure others may feel differently, but I'd love to see him do well there. He is the type of guy that should be around young men in college.
8651427.jpg

247 Composite #76 overall

This is great news considering he selected Florida State over Penn State in the summer. Cross' parents want him to go to Penn State, but Cross wanted to go to Florida State. Maybe his parents and other circumstances are changing his mind a little. I do know that he delayed signing with Florida State during the early signing period because his former DeMatha coach (Brooks), who was recently hired at Maryland, told him not to sign and to give Maryland a chance. By not giving Maryland the last official visit, he may be done with considering Maryland.

This is great news considering he selected Florida State over Penn State in the summer. Cross' parents want him to go to Penn State, but Cross wanted to go to Florida State. Maybe his parents and other circumstances are changing his mind a little. I do know that he delayed signing with Florida State during the early signing period because his former DeMatha coach (Brooks), who was recently hired at Maryland, told him not to sign and to give Maryland a chance. By not giving Maryland the last official visit, he may be done with considering Maryland.

I've posted it before and it bears repeating: Nick has some serious straight ahead speed as measured in the 55 and 60 meter dashes. He is also a good tackler. I'd love to see him in the same D-backfield with Jaquan Brisker.

Reactions: TheGLOV
With JJ's likely transfer and the potential for one or a couple more, it may be a challenge for CJF to fill all 85 scholarships going into the Fall.....

There may be the need for a new course to be included within MBA program electives:
"College Football Roster Management"

Reactions: MoyerJones
I also see Wiltfong listed us as still battling it out for Richards. I thought that shipped sailed because we didn't need another RB and he doesn't want to play WR.

https://247sports.com/Article/National-signing-day-college-football-storylines-127682285/

With the influx of additional 'ships opened, why not get the kid here if he's willing to come? He could turn out to be the best back of the bunch. He can also be switched to another position if necessary. Heath Miller REALLY wanted to play QB in college. I think UVA gave him a week before telling him his future was at TE, redshirt to learn.

With the influx of additional 'ships opened, why not get the kid here if he's willing to come? He could turn out to be the best back of the bunch. He can also be switched to another position if necessary. Heath Miller REALLY wanted to play QB in college. I think UVA gave him a week before telling him his future was at TE, redshirt to learn.
I think it was more on him wanting to be a RB rather than PSU balking

Reactions: djr4rebs
I think it was more on him wanting to be a RB rather than PSU balking
BMW wanted to ask this in a separate thread, but you are very knowledgable on recruiting. Last year PSU signs 23 this year we have 7 to 25 , can we somehow add 2 to last years class, thus adding 9 this year. That is the old greyshirt rule, is that applicable still?

Reactions: TheGLOV
BMW wanted to ask this in a separate thread, but you are very knowledgable on recruiting. Last year PSU signs 23 this year we have 7 to 25 , can we somehow add 2 to last years class, thus adding 9 this year. That is the old greyshirt rule, is that applicable still?
I'm not as in to the rules as some other, but assuming that we could fit them under the 85 rule, then yes it is my understanding that we could back count two of the early enrollees to last year. I know they were looking at that type of scholarship accounting and maybe got rid of it. I think Art and Barry know it better than I do, but I think yes.

We likely don't have the targets nor will we get to a spot where that many will fit in after giving Holmes a scholarship. Who knows though...free agency is changing things.

With JJ's likely transfer and the potential for one or a couple more, it may be a challenge for CJF to fill all 85 scholarships going into the Fall.....

There may be the need for a new course to be included within MBA program electives:
"College Football Roster Management"

You can teach the class how to read a crystal ball.

You spend 10 months a year telling us we only have 15 schollies and then two months complaining we did not sign enough recruits.

You can teach the class how to read a crystal ball.

You spend 10 months a year telling us we only have 15 schollies and then two months complaining we did not sign enough recruits.

Really? Go look it up earlier in the thread. Almost no one here believed this would be a full 25 player class 10 months ago. Obviously, even to you, things have changed considerably. And I'm not complaining about it!

It's called discussion on a message board.........

Reactions: eidolon21
I've posted it before and it bears repeating: Nick has some serious straight ahead speed as measured in the 55 and 60 meter dashes. He is also a good tackler. I'd love to see him in the same D-backfield with Jaquan Brisker.

Nick Cross is a fantastic prospect. I actually think he is underrated. If that is even possible given his accolades.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT