ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Oh, it’s definitely in the cards for Michigan. I was just pointing out your initial comment made no sense.

Sheer brilliance. Poke holes in my posts as I throw them up while pounding IPA’s at the pub. You should take the LSAT’s. Superb logic.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I watched his highlight video on 24/7. The competition in the first three minutes was awful and he didn't stand out all that much. I didn't think it worth posting. How much does the staff pay me for my opinion? Worth even less.
Well, they are desperate to land DTs. Appears they misread JHH all along.

Oh, it’s definitely in the cards for Michigan. I was just pointing out your initial comment made no sense.

Sudden non qualifier! Greyshirt! Can’t pass a physical! Come on Karl. Shyquan pulliam says hi. Think he signed with PSU twice and never made it on campus.

You don't think a kid who signed a LOI can be "filtered out"?

Aside from - I would suppose - needing to conform to/juggle the "25 initial qualifiers" (or whatever that NCAA verbiage is), I think it would be neither difficult nor outside the realm for Jimmah.

Pretty simple actually. Just have you admissions office reject them. Done all the time.

This year we really seem to be seeing the effects of the early signing period.

Gone are the days we would flip recruits like Kevin Givens from Pitt, Jordan Hill from Rutgers, Trevor Williams from WVU, or a Jordan Lucas from Temple.

We are either going after Top Prospects or Late Projects

Not really but I get where you are coming from.

LOL, Ohio State and the OSU fans are perfect for each other.

SFlaBuckeye13
6 HOURS AGO
Per BK, Nester will take OV’s to Ohio State on the 18th, PSU on the 26th and VT the next weekend. Stud told him he isn’t taking the Maryland job. Nester said if nothing changes at OSU, he’ll sign with OSU but if something changes he’ll decommit and announce on NSD.

The world is yours

+ 9 HS

Quality 6 HOURS AGO
If OL Coach Stud stays, I like our chances. That said I would be fine with the risk of losing him if Day wanted to move on.

+ 4 HS

Spartan13
5 HOURS AGO
I'm not so sure Stud is the one deciding if he is taking the Maryland job.

+ 3 HS

Macdaddybuckeye...
4 HOURS AGO
Or they just wait until after he signs then announce his replacement....sure it seems deceptive, but he has to understand that Day knows best

This years version of "WILKINS"
Wilkins was a top 3 guy that talked to nobody. Hunte will at least throw out the occasional interview. Had Diaz stated at Temple, I'd like the good guys here. Oh well, they tried to nip this in the bud before the holidays and the kid wouldn't budge...$h*t happens.

I didn't see this posted previously so sorry if it was posted already, but Doug Nestor cancelled his official visit to Georgia and said Georgia is too far away from home (great news since many thought he would go to Georgia if he decommitted from Ohio State). That leaves Ohio State and Penn State as his top two schools, although he will take an official to Virginia Tech later this month. I've heard from some Virginia Tech fans that their Head Coach Fuente is on the hot seat going into this season and if he has another .500 winning season or worse, then he will get canned. If Ohio State's offensive line coach gets canned over the next couple of weeks, then Nestor will decommit from Ohio State. I am hopeful for Penn State's chances here if Franklin and company have maintained a strong relationship with Nestor and sold him on early playing time.

I didn't see this posted previously so sorry if it was posted already, but Doug Nestor cancelled his official visit to Georgia and said Georgia is too far away from home (great news since many thought he would go to Georgia if he decommitted from Ohio State). That leaves Ohio State and Penn State as his top two schools, although he will take an official to Virginia Tech later this month. I've heard from some Virginia Tech fans that their Head Coach Fuente is on the hot seat going into this season and if he has another .500 winning season or worse, then he will get canned. If Ohio State's offensive line coach gets canned over the next couple of weeks, then Nestor will decommit from Ohio State. I am hopeful for Penn State's chances here if Franklin and company have maintained a strong relationship with Nestor and sold him on early playing time.

Not sure how the PSU roster translates in to real early playing time at OT, with Fries having eligibility thru 2020, Walker thru 2022 and Whigan thru 2021, and Wallace a true freshman top OL talent that could also play inside or OT. But a good OT in the 2019 class can compete for PT relatively early for a top 15 program at PSU. Any player that's top priority is to go somewhere and have a great chance to start as a freshman would more likely go to a less talented program..... I believe Franklin's top points about PSU are more about the culture, education, playing for a winning team, and family atmosphere. As he has stated, developing players academically, socially, spiritually, and athletically.....

Not sure how the PSU roster translates in to real early playing time at OT, with Fries having eligibility thru 2020, Walker thru 2022 and Whigan thru 2021, and Wallace a true freshman top OL talent that could also play inside or OT. But a good OT in the 2019 class can compete for PT relatively early for a top 15 program at PSU. Any player that's top priority is to go somewhere and have a great chance to start as a freshman would more likely go to a less talented program..... I believe Franklin's top points about PSU are more about the culture, education, playing for a winning team, and family atmosphere. As he has stated, developing players academically, socially, spiritually, and athletically.....
He's really a tweener that leans more to the inside long term by all accounts. Yes he could play outside, but we'll just have to see what happens. tOSU will still make a push here.

I honestly and truly believe in all these items. Also media wise kids reference them in recruiting and commitment interviews. But down deep most top 4 and 5 star recruits just want to know how fast they are going to receive meaningful playing time.

I see that none of the recruiting gurus have changed their crystal balls on Jared Harrison-Hunte (JHH) since Brian Dohn published his recruiting article and changed his own CB to Miami. So Penn State still has 89% of the CB's for JHH. Do we believe that JHH is going to Miami, or do we think he just wanted to visit Miami in mid-December for the glitz, glamour, and sunshine? Miami didnt offer JHH until late November 2018. JHH also took an official visit to Arizona State in November 2018, Arizona State what?!?!

I see that none of the recruiting gurus have changed their crystal balls on Jared Harrison-Hunte (JHH) since Brian Dohn published his recruiting article and changed his own CB to Miami. So Penn State still has 89% of the CB's for JHH. Do we believe that JHH is going to Miami, or do we think he just wanted to visit Miami in mid-December for the glitz, glamour, and sunshine? Miami didnt offer JHH until late November 2018. JHH also took an official visit to Arizona State in November 2018, Arizona State what?!?!

Herm Edwards is getting a decent recruiting class. A lot of kids want to play for a guy who played in the NFL and coached in the NFL.

And, HE PLAYS. TO WIN. THE GAME.
th

He's really a tweener that leans more to the inside long term by all accounts. Yes he could play outside, but we'll just have to see what happens. tOSU will still make a push here.

Yep, I believe he is listed inside on the recruiting sites. Wallace may have a better chance to play OT if early PT presents itself there more so than inside.. with Menet, Miranda, likely Holmes, Scruggs, Wormley... inside

JHH has a lot of people, some newly arrived, in his circle "helping" him to decide. We've seen many times the long time leans who never want to pull the trigger and end up someplace else. He has some friends who are going to Miami and it's warm there, that may be enough to send him to Miami. Doesn't seem like we've had any momentum in this recruitment for a long time.

Hope Miami's dumpster fire recruiting season, all the decommits and scrambling they have done, will help in giving PSU the edge of being a more stable up and coming program in the eyes of JHH...

Hope Miami's dumpster fire recruiting season, all the decommits and scrambling they have done, will help in giving PSU the edge of being a more stable up and coming program in the eyes of JHH...
Seems like then may land Hurt though, which would be big for them.

Not going to make a shred of difference. Any recruit who finds anything seriously tantalizing about the U is not going to wind up in State College. The cultures, the weather, and the accoutrements are just worlds apart. It makes no sense that both schools are even in the same sentence in most ways.

I get that some kids may look at the place when they are also looking at us, but having these two schools as your last two choices makes zero sense. It's like choosing between a vacation in Cabos vs a vacation in Scotland. They are just not similar at all.

JHH has a lot of people, some newly arrived, in his circle "helping" him to decide. We've seen many times the long time leans who never want to pull the trigger and end up someplace else. He has some friends who are going to Miami and it's warm there, that may be enough to send him to Miami. Doesn't seem like we've had any momentum in this recruitment for a long time.
Yeah....it's no secret right now that Miami has pulled in front. PSU tried hard to close this one out but it looks like they will come up short here.

I'm sure others may feel differently, but I'd love to see him do well there. He is the type of guy that should be around young men in college.

I agree.... Guy is a solid leader and mentor. He will prepare them not just for football but for life after college as well as how to conduct themselves on/off the field and in the classroom.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT