ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2023 Transfer Portal news

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think you won that exchange, that is humorous. Great to see a Hawk fan who understands the new Hawk standard is 3rd place.
The point of my post wasn't to hit you with some "gotcha" lmao
You're just incredibly misinformed everytime I see you post.
Which is why it's Hilarious seeing you bash the intelligence of some of the posters on HR when you fit right in with the worst of them.
Happy Father's day

Franek is a national champ threat, likely.

I just also think that any progression from a healthy Sebricht (the one we saw at BJC) also makes a strong top 3-5 threat. Throw in that he’s a decent bonus-getter and the drop off wouldn’t be much. But again, he’s likely not healthy so it’s all moot.

The point of my post wasn't to hit you with some "gotcha" lmao
You're just incredibly misinformed everytime I see you post.
Which is why it's Hilarious seeing you bash the intelligence of some of the posters on HR when you fit right in with the worst of them.
Happy Father's day
Oh, ouch. No dude, I don't fit in with your idiot pals on HR.

However, let me just understand your post. You are claiming my posts regularly lack intelligence and logic, but you weren't playing gotcha.

That intelligence and logic thing, it isn't your fault. Just a product of your environment.

People progess enough to keep us top 3 every year without purchasing everyone's finest lmao. So nice try I guess
The lack of self-awareness and hypocrisy of this post is absolutely stunning, especially when you consider that nobody has added more bodies from the portal in the last few years than Iowa, and that doesn't even include the countless others that have been offered a bag to move to Iowa City.

Which is fine! That's what the portal for. But don't act like your team isn't taking advantage of the same opportunities that are given to all programs. It's ok to admit you've benefitted from the portal. Ignoring that transfers exist is not the moral high ground you think it is.

People progess enough to keep us top 3 every year without purchasing everyone's finest lmao. So nice try I guess
Let's remove transfers from Iowa's returning points:
Woods = 19.0, Franek = 13.5, Caliendo = 6.5, Teske 0.5

Add back in Siebrecht and Kennedy = 1.5 each

Returning points would then be:
1 - PSU 143.0
2 - Cornell 62.0
3 - Missouri 61.0
4 - NC State 48.0
5 - VT 47.0
6 - Michigan 45.0
7 - Nebraska 44.0
8 - anOSU 42.0
9 - Iowa State 40.5
10 - South Dakota State 36.5
11 - Arizona State 36.0
12 - OKST 34.5
13 - Iowa 29.0

Apples to apples, remove transfers and some of those teams might fall below Iowa (specifically Michigan).

But without the imports, that's a top 3 team the same way Rutgers is perennially top 10.

He did beat Amine and lost to Kennedy in OT. He moves his feet, initiates offense, has a gas tank and continues to get back up and goes again. There is a lot to work with. My guess is Facundo is way better with a much higher ceiling than you think.

Of course I wouldn't expect a Hawk fan to recognize an elite wrestler in the developmental stage. It doesn't happen in Iowa City frequently enough to allow you to grasp the growing stages. You guys think you either pop out of the womb ready to dominate (spencer) or you don't (murin and young).
In what world did you think this was worth posting 🤣🤪😂

1 - PSU 143.0
2 - Cornell 62.0
3 - Missouri 61.0
4 - NC State 48.0
5 - VT 47.0
6 - Michigan 45.0
7 - Nebraska 44.0
8 - anOSU 42.0
9 - Iowa State 40.5
11 - Arizona State 36.0
12 - OKST 34.5
13 - Iowa 29.0

Apples to apples, remove transfers and some of those teams might fall below Iowa (specifically Michigan).

But without the imports, that's a top 3 team the same way Rutgers is perennially top 10.
The stat master strikes again, lets see how the clown splains this.

#eatitHFL

1 - PSU 143.0
2 - Cornell 62.0
3 - Missouri 61.0
4 - NC State 48.0
5 - VT 47.0
6 - Michigan 45.0
7 - Nebraska 44.0
8 - anOSU 42.0
9 - Iowa State 40.5
11 - Arizona State 36.0
12 - OKST 34.5
13 - Iowa 29.0

Does Voinovich factor into this? If so, that's 1 more point over to the transfer side.
Either way, take away Terry's son, and Iowa returns <20 points from guys they actually recruited. They could have up to 6 transfers in the line-up to start the year.

I may have missed it in the 80 page thread but whats the updated standings with returning points with the all the recent transfers?

Does Voinovich factor into this? If so, that's 1 more point over to the transfer side.
Either way, take away Terry's son, and Iowa returns <20 points from guys they actually recruited. They could have up to 6 transfers in the line-up to start the year.
Good catch. I didn't have Voinovich -- but that's a net no change from the 29.0 pts in-house (add 1.0, then subtract 1.0). Does remove 1.0 from OKST.

1 - PSU 143.0
2 - Cornell 62.0
3 - Missouri 61.0
4 - NC State 48.0
5 - VT 47.0
6 - Michigan 45.0
7 - Nebraska 44.0
8 - anOSU 42.0
9 - Iowa State 40.5
11 - Arizona State 36.0
12 - OKST 34.5
13 - Iowa 29.0

Logic, intelligence and facts, you are going to make him so dizzy he might pass out.

Reactions: District four
I may have missed it in the 80 page thread but whats the updated standings with returning points with the all the recent transfers?
See above. Iowa = 66.5 pts with the transfers including Voinovich.

1 - PSU 143.0
2 - Cornell 62.0
3 - Missouri 61.0
4 - NC State 48.0
5 - VT 47.0
6 - Michigan 45.0
7 - Nebraska 44.0
8 - anOSU 42.0
9 - Iowa State 40.5
11 - Arizona State 36.0
12 - OKST 34.5
13 - Iowa 29.0

Not that it changes anything, but to be fair you would have to remove Kerk's points.

So I slept through April may and june...June... woke up...what did I miss?

Penn State got 3 transfers, and all three have legit shots at the top of the podium, and Iowa got twice as many and still has zero chance at even coming close.

Back to bed. See you in November.

Penn State got 3 transfers, and all three have legit shots at the top of the podium, and Iowa got twice as many and still has zero chance at even coming close.

The crazy part is that they will graduate 6 starters after this season.

They will likely need to hit the portal again if they want to remain in contention for 2nd place in 2025.

Reactions: Zukovski
The crazy part is that they will graduate 6 starters after this season.

They will likely need to hit the portal again if they want to remain in contention for 2nd place in 2025.
The new Iowa: All portals, all 2nd and 3rd place trophies, all the time 😆

Reactions: nitlion6
Sans injury, I disagree.

Totally different wrestler after it. Which is understandable.
Seibrecht had 1 really good win in the regular season over multiple AA Lewan. He beat a couple other decent kids who also had mediocre NCAA tourney runs (Artalona, Model and Chumbley) the latter two avenged the losses but still failed to make the podium. Franek beat Lewan and Peyton Robb. His only losses were to Humphreys 2X, who lost a bail biter to AOC in the semis. He’s definitely an upgrade. Word on the street is that Cobe may compete for the 149lb spot. Personally, I think he’ll be on the outside looking in.

Seibrecht had 1 really good win in the regular season over multiple AA Lewan. He beat a couple other decent kids who also had mediocre NCAA tourney runs (Artalona, Model and Chumbley) the latter two avenged the losses but still failed to make the podium. Franek beat Lewan and Peyton Robb. His only losses were to Humphreys 2X, who lost a bail biter to AOC in the semis. He’s definitely an upgrade. Word on the street is that Cobe may compete for the 149lb spot. Personally, I think he’ll be on the outside looking in.
Not being funny or partaking in the Iowa doesn’t develop guys thing.

I think he was on the upswing and just from afar looked like it clicked. He wrestled super smart against Levi and I thought that match could have gone either way. But the fact that he didn’t go crazy and seemed to wrestle a measured match showed me a lot.

He’s not David Carr, but I just think he had actually gotten to a point where he was confident and dangerous.

Not being funny or partaking in the Iowa doesn’t develop guys thing.

I think he was on the upswing and just from afar looked like it clicked. He wrestled super smart against Levi and I thought that match could have gone either way. But the fact that he didn’t go crazy and seemed to wrestle a measured match showed me a lot.

He’s not David Carr, but I just think he had actually gotten to a point where he was confident and dangerous.
Cobe is a scrappy, hard-working kid with big move potential in dual meets, but I don’t see him ever winning multiple matches in a row at the national tournament to end up on the stand. Franek is a proven commodity. Speaking of Carr btw, in 2022, Franek was :29 away from eliminating Carr from the national tournament before David hit a clutch TD to win 4-3.

Cobe is a scrappy, hard-working kid with big move potential in dual meets, but I don’t see him ever winning multiple matches in a row at the national tournament to end up on the stand. Franek is a proven commodity. Speaking of Carr btw, in 2022, Franek was :29 away from eliminating Carr from the national tournament before David hit a clutch TD to win 4-3.
Franek also almost got Deakin the year before in the quarters. Nothing against Franek, fine wrestler. I just am higher on CS than most. Again, though, before injury

Franek also had two 1-point wins against nonqualifiers, and three other 1-point/sv wins over guys who fell short of the round of 12.

I see Franek as similar to Max Murin in a lot of ways. Max was a career round of 12 before becoming an AA in year 6, and Franek reached the round of 12 twice before finally becoming an AA in year 5.

Both wrestlers are tough outs who can give the top guys trouble on a good night, but they sometimes struggle to get past kids ranked 10-20.

Will Franek become a 2 timer with the extra year? Probably, but I don't think it's a slam dunk. I also think Cobe will give him all he can handle.

On FRL they said they believe the best lineup is
157-Franek
165-Caliendo
174-Kennedy
184-Brands
197-Assad

I see this making sense at some weights and definitely not in others. 197 is a huge hole for them right now so Assad probably makes sense. 157 and 165 as well. Kennedy is short at 165 and I see him having issues at 174. It’s probably better than sitting the bench though. Moving Brands up after he broke through and had a great year at 174 doesn’t make much sense either but overall I guess this lineup is better than
157-Franek
165-Caliendo
174-Brands
184-Assad
197-Franklin or Glazier
With Kennedy riding the pine
Gets even more interesting considering Ferrari was probably expecting the 157 spot to be his this season and next year Arnold coming at 174. Looks like only 2 of Kennedy, Caliendo, or Arnold will be in the lineup next year. PSU has similar issues in their middle weights so let’s see how it all plays out.

157-Franek
165-Caliendo
174-Kennedy
184-Brands
197-Assad

I see this making sense at some weights and definitely not in others. 197 is a huge hole for them right now so Assad probably makes sense. 157 and 165 as well. Kennedy is short at 165 and I see him having issues at 174. It’s probably better than sitting the bench though. Moving Brands up after he broke through and had a great year at 174 doesn’t make much sense either but overall I guess this lineup is better than
157-Franek
165-Caliendo
174-Brands
184-Assad
197-Franklin or Glazier
With Kennedy riding the pine
Gets even more interesting considering Ferrari was probably expecting the 157 spot to be his this season and next year Arnold coming at 174. Looks like only 2 of Kennedy, Caliendo, or Arnold will be in the lineup next year. PSU has similar issues in their middle weights so let’s see how it all plays out.
I don't see either of the alternatives as much concern for PSU honestly.

Franek also had two 1-point wins against nonqualifiers, and three other 1-point/sv wins over guys who fell short of the round of 12.

I see Franek as similar to Max Murin in a lot of ways. Max was a career round of 12 before becoming an AA in year 6, and Franek reached the round of 12 twice before finally becoming an AA in year 5.

Both wrestlers are tough outs who can give the top guys trouble on a good night, but they sometimes struggle to get past kids ranked 10-20.

Will Franek become a 2 timer with the extra year? Probably, but I don't think it's a slam dunk. I also think Cobe will give him all he can handle.
Yep.

And that’s not a dig, that’s phenomenal as an achievement. I’m never going to short AA status.

I can't have a good take because Johnstown and The Frat Boy hate me?
no no. Great take. Just didn’t want you to stuck with the stench of being multi-quoted with a Hawkeye.

• Haha
Reactions: Psugo823
Oh, ouch. No dude, I don't fit in with your idiot pals on HR.

However, let me just understand your post. You are claiming my posts regularly lack intelligence and logic, but you weren't playing gotcha.

That intelligence and logic thing, it isn't your fault. Just a product of your environment.
So to sum up this response, you basically took what I said and responded with "no u"

Yep.

And that’s not a dig, that’s phenomenal as an achievement. I’m never going to short AA status.

no no. Great take. Just didn’t want you to stuck with the stench of being multi-quoted with a Hawkeye.
It's hard to wash Hawkeye off the clothes...once the Hawkeye gets on them it often takes multiple cycles on heavy duty load just to take the stench off.

• Haha
Reactions: donboy6499
So to sum up this response, you basically took what I said and responded with "no u"
No. That isn't how that worked at all. I was simply allowing your example to speak for you. That's all.
Nature v nurture. You do not readily appear unintelligent. Nor incapable of using or following logic. The environment from the cess pool has apparently caused you some harm. There are several lawyers on here who could tell you if you have a case. I understand there is a slumlord hanging out on HR just trying to give money away.

Reactions: NittanyLion84
157-Franek
165-Caliendo
174-Kennedy
184-Brands
197-Assad
So Anthony Ferrari is not going to be an NCAA finalist next year?
giphy.gif

157-Franek
165-Caliendo
174-Kennedy
184-Brands
197-Assad
What does one do in a redshirt year while the rest of the team is traveling to duals? Pursue one's hobbies of course. Stuff like fast cars, hot women, loud guns, ill-advised provactaive social media posts. What could go wrong? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT