ADVERTISEMENT

2021 B1G Tournament

Aaron’s ankle is fine. Xray was good. Always been an fan of the effort Iowa guys display. Very disappointed at the scratching and biting. I’d like to point out that Aaron still extended his hand.
Only makes us admire and highly respect the quality of young man that Aaron is. Apparently, Aaron's opponent's didn't have the same upbringing.

Love that we share the same name. It's easy to root and be in awe of another Aaron.

Reactions: Rocky_Smith
Aaron or his dad as a wrestling dad?

Come on, I underhanded that to you.

I'll fix Bordeaux's mistake

tenor.gif

Yes - pull him. You know the kid will be pushing to go but it's not worth it.
Cale might consider it in the Semi, but there was know way either Brooks or Cale was going to give that match to a Brands, on an inj def.

I'm too lazy to look up the wrestlebacks, so I'll just post PSU semi matches:

RBY vs (4) Cannon (N'w)
N. Lee vs (3) SeaBass (RUT)
Starocci vs (2) Mikey Labriola (NEB)
A Brooks vs (5) Poznanski (RUT)

IMO, 141 & 174 are Can't Miss TV.

Reactions: tewlepz
Haven’t been able to catch up with the posts. But, Channeling my inner Cael:

grateful to watch competition.

Sure it’s a bummer to not just watch everyone dominate with ease. But it’s sunny out in the Chicago burbs and I’m over serving myself outdoors. Could be worse.

It’s a bit F*n to be the underdog and when amazing happens today, tomorrow, or at nationals.
What burb? Glencoe here.

With no disrespect.........Absolutely! Or Joe Lee needs to make huge strides. He looked much better last year! Am I wrong?
Where is Manville?
Can he make 165.
Facundo. Don’t know if he could make 165 for a year or not tho. Maybe cstar can move down and Facundo goes in his spot. People keeps calling Lee a freshman but this is his second or third year? Howard and Bartlett obviously freshman. Lee and Beard not so much.

It’s experience and conditioning more than anything, IMHO. He’s had 2 weeks to get his sea legs. Parris has always been a physical freak yet two years ago he was getting majored by an experienced guy named Cassar 18-9. I’m not even remotely concerned about Kerk. He’s going to be great.

I was more concerned about the decision to try the mixer. That ride (if laying on someone is riding) after the miscue really took a lot of starch out of Kerk.

I was more concerned about the decision to try the mixer. That ride (if laying on someone is riding) after the miscue really took a lot of starch out of Kerk.
Why question the mixer? We’ve seen no evidence of a full tank yet from Kerk, so I suspect he thought he’d try to go big against a great wrestler while he was relatively fresh. I’m not criticizing him in any way - just reading what we’ve seen since the insertion late in the year. I doubt he’ll be 100% in 11 days, but better. And next year - watch out!

Reactions: Mat Burn
Lee doesn’t look right, I think that knee is giving him problems. I wouldn’t push a redshirt freshman competing in a free year out of future lineups just quite yet...

He'S bEeN iN tHe RoOm FoR 4 yEaRs

Honestly - hard to tell what it is but Joe just wrestled loose when he was unattached and in matches where he wasn't technically representing PSU. That's when he's at his best. I think it's a weird year overall obviously but it's pretty clear nerves affects the kid quite a bit. I saw that in Shak as well. How he looked at the Southern Scuffle when he technically wasn't our starter was unbelievable.

Some kids like Cassar and Bo just live for the absolute biggest moments. They want the chance to take home all the marbles for their team (think the OSU dual meet for Cassar and obviously NCAAs for Bo) Not every kid is going to be like that and just naturally comes as cool as a cucumber.

It’s experience and conditioning more than anything, IMHO. He’s had 2 weeks to get his sea legs. Parris has always been a physical freak yet two years ago he was getting majored by an experienced guy named Cassar 18-9. I’m not even remotely concerned about Kerk. He’s going to be great.
I’m not worried about him next year or beyond....he will close the gap....but he got out muscled -only reason he lost
Was obvious-he’ll be ready next year if healthy

Parris is really good and prob the worst match up for Kerk as he can pretty match his quickness but has the strength and experience that Kerk lacks currently
He’s the worst matchup for Kerk because he can ride. Gable doesn’t really ride. Definitely not saying he beats Gable tho either. Gable has morphed from boy to man this year.

Is Joe Lee hurt ? Someone from TOS mentioned he has had a nagging injury all year

That looks like a bite mark on the photo. I'm not sure if it is or not, but if it is, it's clear who put it there and I happen to agree with you. There's no place in the sport for that kind of crap.

If they have proof of biting, IMO Brands should be DQ'd out of the tournament. No room for that BS.

Reactions: dbldoofus
Towards the end of the match, I swore I saw him with his teeth around AB's forearm. Then you saw the big ass scratch marks in Aaron's shoulder. If you can watch the video of the match, check it out. I remember thinking "he's biting him" and then immediately thinking "maybe not." But it sure looked like it.

Reactions: wrestlinPSU
That looks like a bite mark on the photo. I'm not sure if it is or not, but if it is, it's clear who put it there and I happen to agree with you. There's no place in the sport for that kind of crap.
I looked again. I agree with you, it certainly looks like a bite mark. Aaron might want to go for rabies shots after that encounter.

Hope Aaron bow and arrows Brands next time they meet and makes it last the whole period.

• Haha
Reactions: NoVaLion2
The good news is, it seems like he had that in the fall. What we he was dealing with had him lose a good bit of bulk. It will come. I bet he beats Parris next year, if not next time.
Watching willie's intermission show they were saying that Kerk was not on the mat training almost the entire time he was out as was not able to with whatever injury he was dealing with. They mentioned that they didn't think he had his lungs yet and they expect to see a totally different Kerk in 2 weeks.

Towards the end of the match, I swore I saw him with his teeth around AB's forearm. Then you saw the big ass scratch marks in Aaron's shoulder. If you can watch the video of the match, check it out. I remember thinking "he's biting him" and then immediately thinking "maybe not." But it sure looked like it.
Saw the same thing. During cross face by Aaron while riding after the back points. Showing his teeth for sure.

Edit: watched again. 3rd period 20 secs or so to go. No forearm biting seen. But those back wounds are something.

Last edited:
Reactions: henrymale
Man, that is just nasty and the bite mark is completely sleazy. Full effort is one thing but there is no place for scratching and especially biting (yuck!). Way over the line and just shameful by young Brands.
Don’t they check fingernails at weigh ins? Granted it was 40 years ago, but when I had to weigh in in HS we had to show the ref our nails, and if they were too long we had to cut them.

I rewatched and saw a clear bite to Aaron's left forum about 15 to 20 seconds left in the match. Wasn't even looking for it.
I didn't see that, but there seems to be a big one on Aaron's upper arm along with one hell of a scratch. The more I think about it, I wish AB would have knocked his teeth out. Shit like that just pisses me off.

I didn't see that, but there seems to be a big one on Aaron's upper arm along with one hell of a scratch. The more I think about it, I wish AB would have knocked his teeth out. Shit like that just pisses me off.

Aaron is too classy for that. Even after all that, he still reached out to shake Brands’ hand after the match.

Nelson Scissors Brands.

The kid wrestled tough. Scratches happen, bites, NFW.

Reactions: Dogwelder
If it comes down to choosing between the words of the Brands family or that of the Brooks family, I'm going with the one's who think you should extend your hand out to the opponent after a hard fought match...
You know things are bad at PSU when they no longer care about the team race and care more about moral victories. Hahaha

Reactions: so cal hawkfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT