ADVERTISEMENT

2021 B1G Tournament Session I Thread

Call me crazy but Beau seems way too content to go to collar ties. Needs to score from space IMO.

Warning to anyone wrestling Omania of MSU - watch the headlock! Dude can really launch guys with that move.
Beetlejuice and his friend ain’t scared.
beetlejuice.jpeg

Appears Bartlett and Berge will be wrestling at the same time, with Bartlett's match starting first, so I'll cover that one.

149R1: Beau Bartlett vs. Michael Blockhus (Minny)

Per 1
Blockhus in on a single right off the whistle and gets the TD, 0-2. Bartlett with a quick esc, 1-2. Bartlett on an ankle but they are OOB with ??? left. Blockhus drives in, nothing. Bartlett with a shot, Blockhus sprawls, OOB with 4 sec left. End. RT @ 10 sec for Blockhus

Per 2
Beau takes bottom. He's up quickly, lifted, then down, hits a turn in and gets the esc, 2-2. OOB with 1:38 left. Blockhus with a counter double for the TD, 2-4.OOB with 1:01 left. Bartlett works up, tripped down, up again, and he's out 3-4. End. RT @ 57 sec for Blockhus

Per 3
Blockhus takes bottom. Stoppage for something -- I think it's a clock issue, as the clock wasn't ticking for a part of Per. 2. Geez, this is an extended stoppage. Finally they get it started, and Blockhus with the esc, 3-5. OOB after a lot of ear to ear. Final, 3-5

Disappointing

okay guys, I have to check out for the rest of Session I. Sorry about that. I'll be back for Session II this evening.

Hopefully, some of you will provide some PBP for those PSU fans that are following this at work, or wherever they are.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
Robbie can’t make no effort to escape for 2 mins in the first and expect to win. Beau maybe shot 1 half shot the whole third while losing. Wrestled like Fr.

Reactions: royboy
Brady looking good, like to see him get a major from a team standpoint, likely doesn't matter this tournament but in 2 weeks it could. Beau couldn't get any offense going...tough start for the psu freshmen

Definitely not the start I was hoping for or expecting from Robbie or Beau. However, I expect them to bounce back and make some noise in the consolations. They need to open things up a bit more. Berge looking good.

I thought berge was losing. I couldn't make out the names. BTN had the colors reversed. 13 points by Berge is an offensive explosion. Hope he keeps it up.

Reactions: NoVaLion2
Flat start for the youngsters. Backside will be a good test to where they are mentally. Tournament wrestling is a roller-coaster for the fans and wrestlers! Glad we finally have one.

Undersized guys have to force the action more from neutral. Use their speed advantage to at least make the opponent uncomfortable. Otherwise you get what you get in the Bartlett Match. The guy leaning on the back of your neck in tie ups most of the match.

Bummer for Robbie, hope he can rebound in wrestlebacks but after his next match my expectations have been tempered. A full 3rd period from neutral and not much offense. Slight twinge of pain for Brodie Teske - Just kidding!

Beau had a winnable match, I think they were both a little tight. Much more confident in Beau in wrestlebacks.

HI there....watching from work (which doesn't allow for consistent attention)...could someone post the link to live scoring???
thx
If you don't have BTN+, go to TrackWrestling.com -- unpaid service dashboard shows current matches, and brackets are updated pretty fast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT