ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Phillies Thread

Do you give Cutch his option at $15 mil? Let's see...

Well, it's less than the $20 mil you're paying him now.

He's hitting .218 but he has 24 bombs, 70-some ribs and has done about as well as could be expected (which is to say as well or better than I could expect). Is that enough for a corner OF at that price? Not in my world, but I love the guy and who is going to pick up that slack? Jankowski, Joyce, Williams, the resurrection of Quinn or Kingery? Mickey Mantle Moniak? Are you good with Odubel in CF next year? This is a debacle no matter what happens in the next two weeks. Stand by.
It’s a mess. I think Dombrowski has been using this season as proof with Middleton that the core of this team needs to be blown up. It’s just a matter who they can let walk or trade.

Purely from a baseball standpoint I have to feel bad for Santander, especially given that he's not a Met or a Brave or somebody we should hate. He was a GG candidate last year and missed that ball by an inch. Then I looked at the box and he went 0-5. If you ever played? Man this is the pits.

But in the words of the late great Norm MacDonald..."Oh well."

another blown save by the bullpen, but the Phightins get the W.

Crazy in a way -- Wheeler had a very good start with 9 strike outs, 4 hits, and 1 earned run over 6 innings, but he gets no decision

Coonrod -- blown save
Alvardo -- win
Bedrosian -- Hold
Kennedy (with a 32 pitch 2-walk 9th) -- Save

Not an official category, but seems to me that the game was saved by Harper with his crucial assist to keep it 4-3.

Reactions: WaylonJ
Nola. Ugh. I hope he's been trying to pitch through a nagging injury this season. Otherwise his stuff is gone.

Maybe the rain can save the Phils from further onslaught.

were all those runs in the bottom of the 6th & 7th with 2 out? (I had to run to the store ... missed some of the details.)

How clutch has Torreyes been this year? Base knock gives the Phils a 5-4 lead in the 6th.

Reactions: LundyPSU
crazy game, but Didi with a 3-run shot in the bottom of the 7th to give the Phils the lead again.

Padres defeated Atlanta in the suspended game that they completed this evening. √

Now those two teams will play the regularly scheduled game.

Place any wagers on them this year?

After 2 years of high expectations and utter disappointment, I think there's finally value on the Phils this year, especially with how the bullpen has looked during spring ball. I played their season win total over 80.5.

Conversely, I played the Mets under 91.5 and to miss the playoffs @ +245
Fading the Mets on both of these cashes with over a week of baseball left to play.

The Phillies have blown 35 (!!!) saves and the over could hit today (-280 vs PIT). What a wild year. Would love to see the PHL edge out the Braves for the east. Not very optimistic, but going to be a fun final stretch.

Fading the Mets on both of these cashes with over a week of baseball left to play.

The Phillies have blown 35 (!!!) saves and the over could hit today (-280 vs PIT). What a wild year. Would love to see the PHL edge out the Braves for the east. Not very optimistic, but going to be a fun final stretch.
It would be pretty historic to blow 35 saves and make the playoffs. That’s a damning statistic and a broken record fir several years.

Reactions: PSUoh90
He did his normal routine again. Looked dominant then blew up when one thing went wrong in the 3rd.

Harper is going to win MVP. Suarez will rightfully at least receive CY Young votes. Not many guys can pull what he has off midseason.
Yep. Second time through the lineup usually gets him. Which means he could have a hell of a career as a reliever. But he wants to be a starter . . .

Manny Machado just hit a grand salami against the Bravos. 7-3 Friars.

that was the bottom of the 5th. The Braves have put up 4 runs in the top of the 6th (Soler with a 3-run HR), making the score 7-7. After Freeman signaled after the HR, the Padres replaced pitcher Nail Crismatt with Dinelson Lamet.

that was the bottom of the 5th. The Braves have put up 4 runs in the top of the 6th (Soler with a 3-run HR), making the score 7-7. After Freeman signaled after the HR, the Padres replaced pitcher Nail Crismatt with Dinelson Lamet.

Padres scored 1 in the bottom of the 6th, making it 8-7, Padres.

Reactions: psu00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT