ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Phillies Thread

Phils take the lead, 5-4, on a HR by Realmuto in the bottom of the 8th. Then Kennedy comes in to get the save, and serves up a HR to the lead-off batter. That makes the 32nd blown save this season by the bullpen. (They blew the 31st save earlier in the game.) The MLB record is 34 blown saves in a season (Rockies in '04). We're only half-way through September -- Rockies must be liking their chances of being overtaken for that dubious record.

Beard Boy should be wearing suspenders in a ski resort town selling CBD vape products and grinding his own coffee. Alvarado, Bradley, Kennedy....none of these guys have any business on a MLB club. Again they blow two saves in one game. They hit three guys in one inning. It's actually comical now. I'm rooting for the record.

Guys are almost jumping out of their shoes trying to attack these meatballs thrown by Phila pitchers, as it's consistently 2-0, 3-1, 3-0, just ridiculous.

Ring It!!! Phils had Knapp on 3rd, 2 outs, in the bottom of the 9th, and the Cubs reliever seemed to cross up their catcher, so Knapp scored on a passed ball. Phils win 6-5!

Reactions: Relayer and WaylonJ
Hey when you're good, you're good.

Phillies F.O. : "See, we won. What's the problem?"

Last edited:
Memo to Phils management: Bullpen games don't work. This is a disaster. 11-0 against Colorado last week, and this debacle tonight. The 3rd inning: 7 runs on 3 hits, 3 walks and a hbp.

Seven runs in one inning for both teams? I don't know what it means for the Cubs but for the Phils I think it means they'll get shut out tomorrow.

Another crazy night at the ballpark. Phils with a 7 spot in the 4th to tie the game.

smh. I saw it was 0-7 in the top of the 4th, and decided to pass on watching the game. So the Phils score 7 in the 4th, 3 in the 6th, and 5 in the 7th (they're still at bat). WTF has this offense been the past few weeks?

Reactions: Shadow99
Was at the game tonight. Bryce is literally doing everything possibly to try and get this team to the playoffs. He put on a show tonight. 3-4, HR, 2 doubles, 2 walks. He deserves the mvp.
He's putting up some amazing stats. Currently:

.314 Batting Average -- 3rd in NL
36 doubles -- 5th in NL
33 HR -- 14th in NL
85 walks -- 4th in NL
On-base 42.8% -- 2nd in NL
Slugging .627% -- 2nd in NL
OPS 1.055 -- 1st in NL (and 1st in MLB)

He's had some doubters (even on this board) but gotta give the guy credit for an amazing year. He is a great player.

smh. I saw it was 0-7 in the top of the 4th, and decided to pass on watching the game. So the Phils score 7 in the 4th, 3 in the 6th, and 5 in the 7th (they're still at bat). WTF has this offense been the past few weeks?

This game reminded me of the 1979 gem at Wrigley where the Phil’s led 7-6 after the first and held on to win 23-22 in ten innings. The game was chronicled in a fun book Ten Innings At Wrigley by Kevin Cook.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew
Bradley was his usual self. Didi made a ridiculous play, got picked and they let it go, then Joe argues a check swing strike TWO on Joyce who barely has a chance to put wood on the ball, Joe gets tossed unnecessarily, forgetting they have two more games up there. Then Didi drives in the winning run.

Arguing that check swing on strike two with Joyce up there is just dumb, especially after Didi got picked and you got away with it. Plus the plate ump was squeezing the Mets' starter all night. I don't have any use for the Mets but this was not the hill to die on for Joe. So a win is a win. Senator Kennedy, you have the floor....

Was at the game tonight. Bryce is literally doing everything possibly to try and get this team to the playoffs. He put on a show tonight. 3-4, HR, 2 doubles, 2 walks. He deserves the mvp.
Awesome, I’m going to next Friday’s game. Bryce is crushing it!

Reactions: WaylonJ
It's been a great night so far! PSU wins, Phils win and the Braves trail the Giants 2-0 in the 7th. Might be a game out after tonight.

Let's go Birds tomorrow, I will be there.

Reactions: jjw165
I'm amazed at how well Harper is playing given the fact that he was hit in the face a couple months ago.

Schedule is favorable for the Phils. It will probably all come down to the series with the Braves.

Shut out by Balt in the series opener, 2-0. I like Means' stuff and good mix. He's on a one-yr deal with the Os for under 600K. LHP. Just sayin.

For the Os, they collected their 4th shutout of the season.

Tick tock, boys.

On the plus side, the next two advancing tropical storms are named Peter and Rose, so we got that going for us. Which is nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: colt21
Shut out by Balt in the series opener, 2-0. I like Means' stuff and good mix. He's on a one-yr deal with the Os for under 600K. LHP. Just sayin.

it was a very frustrating game. Suarez had troubles in the top of the 1st, and gave up 2 runs. The Phils were facing Means -- the O's best pitcher -- but their bats were pretty inept. The O's are the worst team in the AL, and the Phils desperately need to win games.

Reactions: Rick76
The battle of the bullpen and the Phillies is down 0-1
17 scoreless inning and counting.....

I know. The worst team in the AL and they can’t score a run. Ridiculous.

A walk off triple which was nearly caught by the O’s right fielder, while Harper was motoring around the bases and scored from first. They really needed this win and got it with 2 outs in the 10th.

Do you give Cutch his option at $15 mil? Let's see...

Well, it's less than the $20 mil you're paying him now.

He's hitting .218 but he has 24 bombs, 70-some ribs and has done about as well as could be expected (which is to say as well or better than I could expect). Is that enough for a corner OF at that price? Not in my world, but I love the guy and who is going to pick up that slack? Jankowski, Joyce, Williams, the resurrection of Quinn or Kingery? Mickey Mantle Moniak? Are you good with Odubel in CF next year? This is a debacle no matter what happens in the next two weeks. Stand by.

Reactions: WestSideLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT