ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Southern scuffle

only backups and redshirts, but we have our first chance at psu-iowa hth match ups. major board bragging rights hang in the balance. good luck gentlemen.
Should we get a hth....anything you wish to wager on the next great thing in IC?

IOWA ENTRIES – SOUTHERN SCUFFLE
Drake Ayala – 125*
Charles Matthews – 133
Cullan Schriever – 133*
Drew Bennett – 141
Wyatt Henson – 141*
Leif Schroeder – 141
Caleb Rathjen – 149*
Bretli Reyna – 149*
Sebastian Robles – 157*
Joe Kelly – 165
Patrick Kennedy – 165*
Jack McClimon – 165*
Brennan Swafford – 174
Aaron Costello – 285
*unattached
Kemdawg?????

• Haha
Reactions: Str8DBLz
Would have enjoyed seeing SVN at 149 in this

beard should win this

If he makes the semis, he'll likely have beaten at least one top 10-15ish guy to do it. The Scuffle should be pretty stacked at 165 this year.
What’s wrong with redshirting Facundo next year when Iowa is much weaker and Ohio State is not quite there yet? Need to fire every bullet this season, IMO. Yes, apparently I have a plan. 😂

Should make the finals but Elam handled him last time 5-0.
based on how he wrestled dean, cardenas will be a tough out too. then you have veterans like cam caffey and tanner sloan in the bracket too. both have been in the top 10, but have gotten off to shaky starts this year. caffey beat beard pretty soundly last year at big tens. he should get 2 very quality matches at the very least.

If Seth was focused on wrestling, I would give him a chance to win this bracket. That being said, between him playing football and just getting back into it (and maybe needing to cut a bit of weight) I'm more curious to see how it looks. Regardless, very happy Seth is still wrestling and I suspect he believes he will get another chance to be Penn State's heavyweight again in the future even if only for a year.

He's a sophomore right now, he can redshirt this year.
23 - Kerk
24 - Kerk ORS? Could be Seth then
25 - I'd be shocked if Kerk stays after the 2024 Olympics (no sources but the fact he wants to start MMA and there were rumblings that he only wanted to do 4 and out like RBY)

Kind of cool the Scuffle had room for the Hawks. I never cared for the "no room at the Inn" model the Midlands used to snub Mark.
i get it because if you say yes to one guy, you look bad if you say no to another, and having a no tolerance policy makes the administration of the tourney easier. the scuffle benefits from its flexibility.

i will say in this case, the hawks are probably at the scuffle because the turnaround to travel and make weight for the new midlands was less than 24 hours, not because willie/izzy turned them away. much easier logistics to handle, especially with most of their crew being unattached.

based on how he wrestled dean, cardenas will be a tough out too. then you have veterans like cam caffey and tanner sloan in the bracket too. both have been in the top 10, but have gotten off to shaky starts this year. caffey beat beard pretty soundly last year at big tens. he should get 2 very quality matches at the very least.
I think Cardenas was a room familiarity thing with Max to be honest. You could tell there was a bit of hesitation on Max's end to fire on him. Yes, Caffey nearly majored Michael last time and that match was probably prime example of Michael's deficiencies. He was empty of a gas tank and had nothing whatsoever and Caffey took him down and rode him at will.

I think Cardenas was a room familiarity thing with Max to be honest. You could tell there was a bit of hesitation on Max's end to fire on him. Yes, Caffey nearly majored Michael last time and that match was probably prime example of Michael's deficiencies. He was empty of a gas tank and had nothing whatsoever and Caffey took him down and rode him at will.
good point. maybe some nerves against his former team too? he looked very mistake avoidant instead of his usual aggressive style.

good point. maybe some nerves against his former team too? he looked very mistake avoidant instead of his usual aggressive style.
There definitely was some nerves. Based on all the subtweets I saw Cornell wrestlers and even the coaches' wife throw at him, I imagine there is no love lost between them. I imagine they would have had a field day had Max lost that and Penn State lost the dual as a result.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
yep turnaround was too quick. this worked out really well imo. very excited to see kennedy in this field.
There definitely was some nerves. Based on all the subtweets I saw Cornell wrestlers and even the coaches' wife throw at him, I imagine there is no love lost between them. I imagine they would have had a field day had Max lost that and Penn State lost the dual as a result.
I imagine that after losing their head coach and one of their best wrestlers, there’s a strong “us vs them” attitude in that room / on that team. And I must say, they looked really good at the duals.

I imagine that after losing their head coach and one of their best wrestlers, there’s a strong “us vs them” attitude in that room / on that team. And I must say, they looked really good at the duals.
Cornell Wrestling Twitter tends to just be annoying in general, let's be honest. Obviously the Incident with Yianni and Zain has made PSU a direct recipient of it so I might feel more strongly about it. Max coming here didn't help.

Ironically their studs are pretty good but I think someone said it perfectly here a while ago, their peanut gallery is pretty loud lol.

Mrs. Grey is not exactly shy on the tweeter. No big deal there.

And honestly, is Dean really checking that before this match? (Other than maybe for laughs )

Cornell Wrestling Twitter tends to just be annoying in general, let's be honest. Obviously the Incident with Yianni and Zain has made PSU a direct recipient of it so I might feel more strongly about it. Max coming here didn't help.

Ironically their studs are pretty good but I think someone said it perfectly here a while ago, their peanut gallery is pretty loud lol.
Berryessa (who) and Kaille Grey on Twitter = fart noise

Mrs. Grey is not exactly shy on the tweeter. No big deal there.

And honestly, is Dean really checking that before this match? (Other than maybe for laughs )
probably doesn’t have to check twitter to know that there are probably some hurt feelings about him leaving, especially for a rival powerhouse/“evil empire.” just an awkward situation. nobody would want to lose to their former team.

He will be back first dual of year.
Yeah, money was tight fall semester, but HWC was able to raise some dough to get him on the mat in January. Sweet Xmas gift. Just working to get it registered and insured by Jan 7th.

main_2.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT