ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 NCAA Tournament Live Thread: Session III

Seriously, they don’t really have a St Patty’s Day. It’s more of an American tradition. But I sure do like CB&B!
Irish folks are Irish folks every day of the year. St Patty's day is an Irish-American celebration of Irish heritage.

• Love
Reactions: Hotshoe
In the second period, Romero’s entire hand covered Brooks’ entire face at one point. I was amazed nothing was called / warned.

Reactions: PSU Mike
In the second period, Romero’s entire hand covered Brooks’ entire face at one point. I was amazed nothing was called / warned.
yep... ref was saying something - who knows what since he wrestled on the line the entire time. His one shot was simply a stall move - he dove and held on - no attempt to improve

Reactions: mcpat
Not like this thing is slow, but I made 2 hot dogs with sauerkraut between Beau's bout and Levi's match and never missed any action.
I have but one hope here. I merely wish that the Nits have their standard NCAA semi-final results. Nothing special, just average. I'll be fine with that.

Because the blood on the walls Gable saw when he was recruiting them was not from wrestling each other, it was them running into the wall over and over and missing the door right next to it.
That was literally LOL funny to me!

Reactions: danoftw
Okay, we have to fix this sh&t. Pennsylvania is about sauerkraut, pork, mashed potatoes, mushrooms, sweet corn, chicken and dumplings, cheesesteaks, scrapple and liver pudding, chips, shoe fly pie, pretzels, Tastykakes, and world famous, ring bologna.

Get your Pennsylvania sh&t together.

yep... ref was saying something - who knows what since he wrestled on the line the entire time. His one shot was simply a stall move - he dove and held on - no attempt to improve
He didn't even dive. He back stepped, Aaron stepped forward and Romero knelt down and grabbed the leg Aaron stepped in with.

There was a perfect example in Hidlay vs Bolen.
Bolen is standing out of bounds and Hidlay facing him in bounds.
Bolen circles to his left to come in bounds and Hidlay instantly circles to his left to stand out of bounds.

I would rather have nuclear apocalypse than see Hidlay win a championship.

A lot of refs seem to prefer to say, "Action!" or something instead of calling stalling.

Yes, just like every day is Mardi Gras in New Orleans ... for the tourists.

Been to Ireland during St Patrick's Day. Had no problem maintaining Lenten diet despite beer goggling the menus. It's almost as if it's an island surrounded by seafood.

Ireland is high on my list.

There was a perfect example in Hidlay vs Bolen.
Bolen is standing out of bounds and Hidlay facing him in bounds.
Bolen circles to his left to come in bounds and Hidlay instantly circles to his left to stand out of bounds.

I would rather have nuclear apocalypse than see Hidlay win a championship.
We've already lived through Dean Heil x2 NCAA champion and Chris Perry 2x NCAA champion. 4 nuclear apocalypses.

• Haha
Reactions: diggerpup
Irish folks are Irish folks every day of the year. St Patty's day is an Irish-American celebration of Irish heritage.
Damn straight. Cabbage, mash, and bangers already on the stove!

Corned beef & beef? Good idea skipping the cabbage.

Corned beef & beef? Good idea skipping the cabbage.
Kale feels more Irish than cabbage. Colcannon, even without bacon or bangers, is amazing. Get the realest buttermilk you can find. Make sure there's a well in the middle of the taters and kale, and make sure it SWIMS in butter.

Not like this thing is slow, but I made 2 hot dogs with sauerkraut between Beau's bout and Levi's match and never missed any action.
I have but one hope here. I merely wish that the Nits have their standard NCAA semi-final results. Nothing special, just average. I'll be fine with that.
Did you just make a funny? lol.

I get this wrong every year. Is there another rd of consis this afternoon or just more tonight?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT